Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 11-10-2018

Question BRCA rules - reverse & bodyshell painting

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a definitive answer on this old coconut - the use of reverse when racing.

I've read through the entire rule set for 1/10th offroad and I can find no mention of reverse being banned for racing use, so did this just come about as a local level gentlemen's agreement? Or was it a ruling in the past?

The other rule I'd like to find some confirmation on is painting of a shell. I had an idea for a design which meant the windows were painted over, but was told that it was a ruling the windows had to be clear? Again, I can't find anything on this, and some out of the box designs like a Tamiya Dark Impact have opaque window coverings from memory.

Anyone in the know able to clarify please?
Old 11-10-2018
Mad Member

Im almost sure its now allowed to use reverse
Old 11-10-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes, I had a good look through the book some time ago, I remember it being band for good reason, but now I find no ruling. I personally think it should be band at regional level, as had quite a few cases of drivers reversing from getting caught on track markers, then reversing out into the line of other racers!

I think the rule disappeared years ago when nobody had reverse on the ESC. But now with brushless...it Back!

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 12-10-2018
Mad Member

I queried reverse when reffering a regional meeting (offroad) and it is legal to use it
There is nothing currently in brca rule book (unless we missed it)

Etiquette would suggest you don't use it that's what Marshals are for but drivers are drivers
Old 12-10-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Personally I think it should be banned, purely for safety reasons.. Both for other drivers and marshals...
1. Stops them reversing into other drivers
2. Marshals risk getting hit by reversing car or standing on it, as it reverses under their foot..
3. Stops marshals looking like idiots, when they finally get to spot only for the car to have reversed and drove off.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 12-10-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-10-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
Personally I think it should be banned, purely for safety reasons.. Both for other drivers and marshals...
1. Stops them reversing into other drivers
2. Marshals risk getting hit by reversing car or standing on it, as it reverses under their foot..
3. Stops marshals looking like idiots, when they finally get to spot only to the car has reversed and drove off.
Can't agree more.

We have been trying to educate our younger driver not to use their reverse because of these reason's
By the time the marshal has safety got to the car, its reversed into another car and now there's two or more cars to marshal
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 12-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiebar View Post
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a definitive answer on this old coconut - the use of reverse when racing.

I've read through the entire rule set for 1/10th offroad and I can find no mention of reverse being banned for racing use, so did this just come about as a local level gentlemen's agreement? Or was it a ruling in the past?

The other rule I'd like to find some confirmation on is painting of a shell. I had an idea for a design which meant the windows were painted over, but was told that it was a ruling the windows had to be clear? Again, I can't find anything on this, and some out of the box designs like a Tamiya Dark Impact have opaque window coverings from memory.

Anyone in the know able to clarify please?
Back to it after 30 years as you know Yorkie and when starting to pull the kit together for my roller my local shop is PBM Racing, great set of guys there and i was told NO REVERSE, also, not yet in a position to set my ESC XERUN V3 up but it has and option for forward only which then i think means the back function acts only like a brake? As I said it not even working so this is just from reading the instructions
Old 12-10-2018
Mad Member

I'm fairly sure your esc will have reverse function if enabled
But as others have advised and you appear to well informed learn to race again without it
Welcome back from someone who started in the early 90s Anand still drive like it
Regards Dave
Old 13-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
I'm fairly sure your esc will have reverse function if enabled
But as others have advised and you appear to well informed learn to race again without it
Welcome back from someone who started in the early 90s Anand still drive like it
Regards Dave
Yes sorry you are right, it does have a reverse, my thinking was that when the revere mode is disabled it then acts as a brake
There seems to be a lot of us around, starting back up wandering round racing shops and events heads spinning at how things have changed. The initial layout was and always will be quite expensive due to the kit required but its seems like the the motors, batteries and chargers, radio gear are very reasonable for good quality components in comparison to 30 years ago.
Old 13-10-2018
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Reverse is legal for BRCA
Reverse is legal for EFRA
Reverse is illegal for IFMAR
Old 13-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Reverse is legal for BRCA
Reverse is legal for EFRA
Reverse is illegal for IFMAR
Thanks James

Lee
Old 15-10-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

It comes up nearly every year, many say it should be banned, but it won't be banned for next year either unless some on has submitted a proposal for this year's AGM, just saying will never get it sorted, proposal and AGM will....
Old 18-10-2018

It should be, it makes total sense, I'm new back into the game but even marshalling last night you don't know who is running reverse and who is not, you can run like a greyhound to het to a car who then slams reverse or wait a little longer for a car to realise its no running reverse.
On the assumption i can figure out the ESC, my K2 will not run a reveres when racing.
Lee Hankins
Old 18-10-2018
Mad Member

Always people to help with programming esc Lee

Regards Dave
Old 19-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
Always people to help with programming esc Lee

Regards Dave
Thank Dave

My problem is I want to understand everything right away and there just so much to lear, slowly getting there and just visiting meetings and talking to as many people as I can.
Lee Hankins