Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2019

Default Yo-clone-oh Dogfighter YZ-834b

This could have gone in the "i made this " section of the forum and I'll put a link in there as well but i think it will be better appreciated here .
This is a 3D printing project I've been working on to build a replica of the Yokomo YZ-834b Dogfighter , it started as just a way to produce a few spares for my runner and the list if bits i made grew and grew , then it became more of a list of bits i had not made .... it became inevitable at that point that I'd complete the set . Most of it is faithfully reproduced with a few parts either made stronger or redesigned in a way more favorable to 3D printing .

New gears in the original box , diff is printed but not shown as I'm waiting on parts .

Original gears in a newly printed prototype gearbox .

The Chassis is Kydex and also hand made by me , all the other parts you see are 3D printed other than where i show the my gearbox with stock gears and vice versa.
Right now a more finalized version of the gearbox is printing , its only got minor changes to the design of the original in order to make it printable , the design of the gears is unchanged and compatible with an original gearbox .