Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 26-02-2008
Administrator

Default New Trakpower Lipos

Trakpower brought some of their latest products to the latest round of the Schumacher Indoor Masters off road series, held at Worksop. The new slimmer 3200mah pack looked interesting and was only 20.8mm high - and very light indeed (193g vs 268g for the 4900mah pack) and should hit the shops soon.

Another new pack is the long awaited saddle pack - this is 4800mah but won't fit all cars due to the extra height over standard cells - the packs are 70mm x 47mm and 30mm high each. We'll get the pack in soon to test out in various cars but we're told another version will be released later with a lower capacity and correspondingly lower height to fit in a wider range (pretty much all) cars.

The new saddle pack consists of two chubby gold bricks which connect with a removable / customisable lead using 4mm (corally) plugs.

For a few more details you can check out the Worksop race report here:
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksop240208/

For the low down on all Trakpower products / specs etc, check out the Trakpower website: http://www.trakpower.com/

Old 27-02-2008

Are these lipo packs available on any online store?
Old 27-02-2008
Administrator

Sure, the only one I KNOW about is the modeltech shop site - since someone bought one from there the other day, but I'm sure there's loads of shops selling Trakpower. The new stuff shown won't be here for a couple of weeks yet, but the 4900mah stick pack is available now.
Old 27-02-2008

Send a message via MSN to Chris Green

Microtech do them too.

I can't wait for the lower capacity saddle packs to be released. I hope they fit in a B4, and a B44?

if you positition the 2 cell blocks of the 4800 saddle packs together, are they the same length as a single pack?
Old 27-02-2008

I don't think they are the same length butted together to be equivelant to a regular stick pack, I imagine it would wind up noticably longer, not positive on this though. The question I have is that the Saddle is only 4800 with a 20c rating and the stick version is 4900 with a 25c rating and is thinner to boot, So obviously they are using different cells between the two packs but why? Are the cells in the stick pack long and flat and stacked on one another like a sandwich or long and side by side like sticks of butter or butted together lengthwise, because if they are butted together why would they use different cells in the Saddle? In other words if they are just butted together you could use those cells to make the saddle with also and have the benefit of 4900 capacity, the higher 25c rate and they would be thinner to boot. Anybody know the answer to this, are the cells in the 4900 stick stacked, butted together or side by side lengthwise?
Old 27-02-2008

Actually it looks as though the saddles butted together would only be 3mm longer, so not a huge amount according to the dimensions on the TrakPower site!
Old 27-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats right, marginally longer, but the height is more too - which may prevent stock battery bars will not fit like they do with stick Lipo. Thats not to say we can fabricate our own battery bars and make them fit.
Old 27-02-2008
Mad Member

yes they use different cells for the different packs and the ones in the stick pack is long and flat
Old 07-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Green View Post
if you positition the 2 cell blocks of the 4800 saddle packs together, are they the same length as a single pack?

Here is an example of them placed end to end in a B4.
I wouldn't recommend it since the center of gravity would be higher than the Trakpower 4900 brick. But, it is possible.
Old 07-04-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFaster View Post
Here is an example of them placed end to end in a B4.
I wouldn't recommend it since the center of gravity would be higher than the Trakpower 4900 brick. But, it is possible.
but there lighter than nimh so place weights low down in side of pods like my car has in pictures