Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 15-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Post NEW Schumacher Mi1

Schumacher Mi1 1/10th Touring 4WD

The NEW Schumacher Mi1 is the ideal first “Race Car”.
The Mi1 is simple to maintain, durable and above all, great to drive! With an efficient transmission and precise CNC machined motor plate, it handles like a dream. Using tried and tested suspension, with CNC alloy shocks the Mi1 offers a higher specification than other “entry level” touring cars.
Designed to use the latest LiPo batteries and with a excellent range of easy adjustments and option parts available, the Mi1 is fully tuneable for what ever track you decide to race on. Schumacher Mi1, when you want to race.

RRP £159.99 assembled

RRP £129.99 kit

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Showroom/mi1.html#

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 15-10-2010

When you say new........... its not really is it, its just a rebranded original mission. I used to have one of those many moons ago. t'll be interesting to see how this sells.
Old 15-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

well yeah it is just updated a bit...
there is'nt a beginners car out there except maybe tt01, so i think this should do well....

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Old 15-10-2010
Mad Member

What an awesome idea. The original mission was very easy to drive and bloody strong. I deal beginners car. Any price on the chassis plate dave? I might be able to sell mine when it comes out and mine will have carbon and alloy upgrades

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 15-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yes it's an updated mission that is built as a budget racer.

It's been tested running 13.5 at a well known carpet track, and you might be surprised how close it got (in lap pace) when driven by an independent to his own full spec modern race car.
Old 15-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thumbs up

here you go Rob :
S1 chassis £24.99
top deck £12.98

Old 15-10-2010

Ive been running the original mission at our local club over the last couple of week and it not that fare of the past

When will that lipo bottom deck be out
Old 17-10-2010

its got me iterested i used to run mi2 ec and was very pleased with it.have been looking to get back into tc but it can be very expensive so this just could be the car for me as its well priced easy set up.just need to know more on how well it goes.if anyone got one please post your review
Old 18-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
It's been tested running 13.5 at a well known carpet track, and you might be surprised how close it got (in lap pace) when driven by an independent to his own full spec modern race car.
Ah come on Matt, you can't make a statement like that and not provide the numbers...
Old 18-10-2010

Boosted 13.5t in t3 9.66 Mi 1 13.5 zero timing 9.88 n 10.38

so it not that fare of
Old 18-10-2010

Ive been racing my old Axis at bedworth in the stock class (17.5) and its pretty competitive. Maybe a few tenths off the ultimate pace, but with me driving its more than capable. Being almost unbreakable is a big advantage indoors
Old 18-10-2010

after a quick look, it looks pretty much the same, all i can pick out that is differant is the rear body mounts are differant, does this mean people are gonna start digging out there old missions? lol
Old 06-02-2011

I've just bought an Mi1 and am running it at my local Friday indoor meet. I've fitted a 5.3 lipo, gm 13.5 motor, LRP SPX, YB tyres. Having never raced a touring car before I am extremely happy with how easy this was to get used to. I copied one of the setups from the manual and I didnt see any need for adjustment all evening. I've kept the Lrp down to profile 3 ( i think) which allows me to concentrate on steering but gives a nice turbo kick on the straight. I made one error; additive to the whole of the front tyres, a bit too grippy. Car runs super smooth and quiet, very free, diffs have little resistance. I can see a point when I get better at driving it that it might benefit from some finer tuning. Even though it's classed as a budget chassis the total build was still 700 odd, so not the cheapest option there is.
Old 06-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewheels View Post
I've just bought an Mi1 and am running it at my local Friday indoor meet. I've fitted a 5.3 lipo, gm 13.5 motor, LRP SPX, YB tyres. Having never raced a touring car before I am extremely happy with how easy this was to get used to. I copied one of the setups from the manual and I didnt see any need for adjustment all evening. I've kept the Lrp down to profile 3 ( i think) which allows me to concentrate on steering but gives a nice turbo kick on the straight. I made one error; additive to the whole of the front tyres, a bit too grippy. Car runs super smooth and quiet, very free, diffs have little resistance. I can see a point when I get better at driving it that it might benefit from some finer tuning. Even though it's classed as a budget chassis the total build was still 700 odd, so not the cheapest option there is.
That 700 pounds is mainly down to the equipment you have put in it though. I think the beauty of this car is it can be raced by a pure beginner with minimal equipment.

I am guessing you haven't added an hop-ups to the car, and as you said it is easy enough to drive out of the box with a standard set-up. This is a going to be a great car for beginners as it is strong, reliable and easy to drive so they can start off with slow equipment and then as they get more confident with driving upgrade the equipment they use rather than having to add massive amount of hop-ups or be replacing massive amount of spares each week. Then when they are ready to move to the next step they can think about changing chassis.

Yes there are probably cheaper options out there to start off which come a with a throw away speedo and motor but I always feel that ultimatley you end up spending more getting the chassis up to speed rather on spending the money on getting the equipment up to scratch.

Just priced up a complete beginners racing package, with mi1, bodyshell, brushless, lipo, 2.4 system and charger for just over £400.00 which sounds a lot but in the grand scale of things these days is sod all compared to what the top people even at club level are running.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 07-02-2011

I agree totally. I did buy a much cheaper motor, speed controller combo which ended up having a faulty sensor wire. A club member offered me this setup which is perfect. I think if you spend unwisely it could put you off and you could soon lose interest. I can run this for a while, see if I outgrow the settings options on the Mi1 and save for a much higher spec chassis. In the meantime, it drifts well in our school hall!
Old 21-04-2011

Default spedo and motor help

Hi, i have just got my hands on one of these MI 1'S and am looking for a good budget speedo and motor to go in it. I have never drvien, let alone raced a tc efore but do race 1/10th elec buggie. Any help????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
That 700 pounds is mainly down to the equipment you have put in it though. I think the beauty of this car is it can be raced by a pure beginner with minimal equipment.

I am guessing you haven't added an hop-ups to the car, and as you said it is easy enough to drive out of the box with a standard set-up. This is a going to be a great car for beginners as it is strong, reliable and easy to drive so they can start off with slow equipment and then as they get more confident with driving upgrade the equipment they use rather than having to add massive amount of hop-ups or be replacing massive amount of spares each week. Then when they are ready to move to the next step they can think about changing chassis.

Yes there are probably cheaper options out there to start off which come a with a throw away speedo and motor but I always feel that ultimatley you end up spending more getting the chassis up to speed rather on spending the money on getting the equipment up to scratch.

Just priced up a complete beginners racing package, with mi1, bodyshell, brushless, lipo, 2.4 system and charger for just over £400.00 which sounds a lot but in the grand scale of things these days is sod all compared to what the top people even at club level are running.
Old 21-04-2011

This is a fantastic first car,
I picked mine up last week in kit form. I'm very impressed with the quality of all the parts.

one issue though. the kit had one nut missing and one part incorrect but credit where credit's due Schumacher were more than happy to sort it very quickly good people!
Old 21-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmorl View Post
Hi, i have just got my hands on one of these MI 1'S and am looking for a good budget speedo and motor to go in it. I have never drvien, let alone raced a tc efore but do race 1/10th elec buggie. Any help????
You could look up the Hobbywing Justock (for non-boosted) or Xtreme Stock (boosted) ESCs from Giantcod or Racersinexile. Motors are more dependent on what classes the club you hope to run at races. If there's no club, go for something around 10.5-13.5 - boosted 10.5 are as quick as modified classes. Giantcod do some very cheap 11.5 and 13.5 models.

Also look up the Inix Racing combos on ebay - they work out around £55-60, and as far as I know, are non-boosted*

*boost is also known as dynamic timing advance. It makes a brushless motor go much faster!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 30-03-2012

Just got me one of these, used twice roller £70. Parma Plato laguna shell really well painted on eBay £16. Sportsman class motor and esc and pinion £103.

Already had the radio gear and lipos so £189 all in and am up and racing.

Old 30-03-2012
Mad Member

Post some pictures then, let see it

My paintwork thread