Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > USA

Old 07-11-2011

Default Racing is almost done in the US?

I used to be a avid racer. Trackes were all over. I went to the only hobby shop in my area Hobby town and was informed that getting my sons into racing is a waste of time that almost no tracks. Non in my area, closest being an hour or so away. What happened to my favorite hobby?
Chuck in Crown Point, In
Old 05-12-2011

Thats a real shame...i race in the UK and am fairly lucky that i have a number of tracks within an hours drive of me.

I've also noticed a lack of young drivers over here, when i was growing up there were loads of kids racing...i guess they'd just rather stay in and play on the PS3, or they aren't lucky enough to have you as their dad
Old 05-12-2011

thats true,im college student and i've been into rc cars since like 4-5 yrs old.so basically all my life.and i have noticed the majority of teens spend money on ps3 or xbox games which cost like £40 each and they have like more than 10 !

i guess its how your raised,my dad has been into rc's for 'donkeys years' since the 70's.80's and i remember the first car he got me was a rc10 stealth tub and i loved driving it up and down the grass when i was like 5 yrs old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stall4king View Post
Thats a real shame...i race in the UK and am fairly lucky that i have a number of tracks within an hours drive of me.

I've also noticed a lack of young drivers over here, when i was growing up there were loads of kids racing...i guess they'd just rather stay in and play on the PS3, or they aren't lucky enough to have you as their dad

My Feedback : [URL]http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86486[/URL]
Old 18-12-2011

I live in Los Angeles, and there is 1 onroad 1/10 scale electric racetrack, 1 offroad 1/10 scale electric track, and 1 mini-z track all within 20 mins drive from where I live, and I'm sure if I search harder I could find another 3.

I beleive they still race nitro in San Bernadino County.

I guess it sucks to live in Crown Point, Indiana if you are into racing R/C. Illinois is home to Horizon Hobby so I'm sure that state has many R/C racetracks to race at (I'm conflicted on where the OP resides). Maybe you should take up flying R/C or, R/C Rock Crawling??
Old 18-12-2011

Maybe instead of saying 'what happened' you could try saying 'how can I revive the interest?'

Take the bull by the horns and see if you can re-kindle the local club and interest in your hobby. Start with posters in your local hobby store, adverts in your local paper.

In similar words from one of your famous Americans, JFK. "Ask not what your hobby can do for you, ask what you can do for your hobby!"