Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 08-09-2016

Default Tyres & Wheels

Hi,

I came along once a couple of years back when visiting family in the area, due another trip so might be able to head along. Someone kindly lent me some old narrow wheels/mini pins before but what would I need to buy my own for a Touring Car (Xray T4) as it looks like you are trying SST rally blocks or carpet dragons now?

What would last for 2 meetings even if sacrificing some grip (I get bored with carpet buggy racing nuking tyres in a couple of races!), reuse old Sorex 32 wheels with tyres removed? Inserts?

cheers

Darren
Old 14-09-2016

Hi Darren

For TC's we're running white carpet dragons at the moment with medium inserts. No sacrifice of grip with them as the floor now has a matt varnish finish and recently grip has been enough to roll the cars!!!!
Pretty much like driving foams on carpet these last few weeks.

New minipins struggle now for a few weeks until fairly worn then work for a few until worn out the Dragons will last you a couple of weeks no problem - to be fair they'll probably last 3-6 months

As for buggies, I'll nudge one of the buggy lads to post a suggestion as I'm not sure what they're running

Hope to see you again when you're in the area.

Last edited by lazysurfer; 14-09-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 14-09-2016

Hi Darren

I run a couple of buggies (my kids also run them) and you can run anything from full spikes, mini spikes or mini pins. I personally run mini pins, you get great grip at speed, whereas my son runs full spikes as they (once well scrubbed) grip well also at medium speeds but because of the spike size last him a lot longer

Paul

Currently running Schumachers Cat K1 Aero and Cougar KF, with my son running the Cat K1
Old 19-09-2016

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I will get hold of a set, should be in the area in around a month so will try to get along then

cheers

Darren