Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26-06-2009
Jamie B4 Jamie B4 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Race in Mid-west
Posts: 1,255
Default Os

Dont worry about it Stanners, people will come and people will go but the track will still be there.

Understand your frustration as we could get so much more track time rather than redesigning it but still a bit limited with space so there is only so much variation that can be done and change is good if it improves on drivering line, jumping etc

Just look forward to a good weekend's racing
__________________
Schumacher/Associated
  #22  
Old 26-06-2009
IceMike's Avatar
IceMike IceMike is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 1,084
Default

i didnt try the first track so i dont know wot that one was like. i know that the current one needs a few modifications an we will be on a good track for the weekend.
  #23  
Old 26-06-2009
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,141
Default

Stan...

On wednesday evening we went down to finish off the the jumps and then if we had time lay the track for the regional and thursday night. We started but i wasnt happy with certain sections of it for obvious reasons (Trying to preserve the track for more than just one event and some sections where not wide enough) my opinion and experiance of the oz track was just ignored. So i left certain people to layed there track. The track was not suitable for the regional and I was not happy with the track design as the commitee had agree'd that we would run the regional track on the thursday night. So on thursday night i tried my upmost to laying the regional track after finishing the first section of the track i realised that there simply wasnt enough time to lay it properly. So i swiftly put a rough track down. Also at no point did anyone ask me if this was the finished regional track.

This thread has gone far enough now. This regional will be like any other meeting held at oswestry. Well organised and on a good track which is suitable for all racing abilities.

Ashley
Oswestry Radio Car Club Race Co-ordinator
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

  #24  
Old 26-06-2009
stuartw stuartw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Stan...
The track was not suitable for the regional and I was not happy with the track design as the commitee had agree'd that we would run the regional track on the thursday night.
Nice to see that we will be racing a neutral layout!!
  #25  
Old 26-06-2009
losixxx's Avatar
losixxx losixxx is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: worcester
Posts: 1,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
Nice to see that we will be racing a neutral layout!!
WE!
__________________
AC S4-LRP SPHERE TC-KO2123-NOVAK 5.5L

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
  #26  
Old 26-06-2009
matdodd's Avatar
matdodd matdodd is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,250
Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Stan...

On Wednesday evening we went down to finish off the the jumps and then if we had time lay the track for the regional and thursday night. We started but i wasnt happy with certain sections of it for obvious reasons (Trying to preserve the track for more than just one event and some sections where not wide enough) my opinion and experiance of the oz track was just ignored. So i left certain people to layed there track. The track was not suitable for the regional and I was not happy with the track design as the commitee had agree'd that we would run the regional track on the thursday night. So on thursday night i tried my upmost to laying the regional track after finishing the first section of the track i realised that there simply wasnt enough time to lay it properly. So i swiftly put a rough track down. Also at no point did anyone ask me if this was the finished regional track.

This thread has gone far enough now. This regional will be like any other meeting held at oswestry. Well organised and on a good track which is suitable for all racing abilities.

Ashley
Oswestry Radio Car Club Race Co-ordinator

Theres a difference between being ignored & people having a different opinion than you Ash!
There was a group of people who gave up there free time to come and help with the track as a whole not just the layout & you just spat your dummy out & sat in race control because you didn't get your way on one corner!
I'm sure all the club members will yield to your vast experience of competing on & helping to build hundreds of tracks over the years!

Im sure everyone will like the changes that were made to the jumps etc & look forward to a good day
Mat
__________________
WWW.SERVOSHOP.CO.UK
  #27  
Old 26-06-2009
stuartw stuartw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
WE!
When I say WE, I didn't mean me or You obviously.
  #28  
Old 26-06-2009
losixxx's Avatar
losixxx losixxx is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: worcester
Posts: 1,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
When I say WE, I didn't mean me or You obviously.
thought you'd given scott the sack for a minute
__________________
AC S4-LRP SPHERE TC-KO2123-NOVAK 5.5L

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
  #29  
Old 26-06-2009
Kopite's Avatar
Kopite Kopite is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,641
Default

This thread has gone far enough now? Who do you think you are, General Franco?


All the new layout did was provide us with 100% 90 degree left and right handers, all perfectly utilising the random bumps that the previous track builders had carefully tried to avoid.

Unfortunately, whilst racing on the new layout, i slipped into a coma a few times from sheer boredom. The layout previous to this (the good one) gave me an erection.
  #30  
Old 26-06-2009
tony12795 tony12795 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 906
Default

Hear Hear Stan!

The first track was much better that the second.

I am going for a beer now and have a look on www.youporn.com


GET IN !!!!
  #31  
Old 26-06-2009
neiloliver neiloliver is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 1,208
Default

I am glad I stayed in Switzerland...
  #32  
Old 26-06-2009
IceMike's Avatar
IceMike IceMike is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 1,084
Default

This thread has gone far enough please can it be closed
  #33  
Old 26-06-2009
Yardeeee's Avatar
Yardeeee Yardeeee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Willenhall, west mids
Posts: 305
Default

Just a few weeks ago, this club, and all of its members were being held in the highest regard for staging a very enjoyable, efficient and successful round of the National series.

This club is recognised as being run by some of the friendliest, most experienced and most committed guys in our section, the fact that the club has existed for so long is testament to that.



Remember what it stands for, remember which region you are a part of, and on sunday show us what it stands for by working together and giving us all a day to remember...
__________________
AE - Novak - Pro-Line - Reedy - CML - Atomic Carbon
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com