Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 20-05-2012

Default NEW to me 210..looking for battery advice and more

I recently picked up a 210. I currently have 22 witch i run on carpet with shorty lipos in mm. The 210 I picked up is in mm. I was planning on running the same shorty lipos from my 22. I was planning on running them as far forward as I can.. With my 22 I was looking to add weight to front. Does the 210 need more weight up front. I will be running on a high grip carpet tight track.

I have read some info on people saying is a game changer running the shorty lipo on the 210.

Please any info or pictures.

I was planning on placing my viper esc centre line rear in the cavitity created by running the shorty way front.

Second question what gearing are people running with 17.5? The 22 it was a 5.3 or 34/72
Old 20-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not sure about the shorty lipos - I run regular lipos and a fairly heavy ACE 1015 servo which means I've not added any weight up front and my 210 seems perfectly balanced.

As for the motor - you will need a much smaller spur to run a 17.5. I'm using a 10.5t and needed to go down to an 81 spur just to fit a decent sized pinion. The stock gearing is so low people run 6.5's with 24t pinions when the largest you can mesh is 25/26.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)