Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 08-01-2010
Super Moderator

I currently have 12k front 7k rear and the rear still feels 'free'. I would think 2k in the rear would not be enough.

G
Old 08-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

I run 15k in the front and 10k in the rear, with the weight kit on the back it feels ok but still alittle back end happier than me 501x lol.

Gaz
Old 08-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Currently running 10thou in the front and 5 rear for worksop.
I was suffering front chronic understeer, and kept going softer than everyone else on front springs. A bit of help from Adam, and it turned out that running it like that wasn't making the tyres work properly. So stiffened it up and took all the weight off, and bingo! Sooooo much better.
Strange but worth a try.
The pendulum effect is the main thing.
Old 08-01-2010

I suppose i could give it a try without the weights but i thought the idea of them was to make up for the loss of weight using lipo's?.
To my way of thinking you need more weight on the back with lipo's because the car is very front heavy,if you take it away,the front end would have way more traction than the back which would make it even more unbalanced. Anyway,im going to have a look at the set-ups for worksop and see what they say.
It's all very technical!.
Old 08-01-2010
Super Moderator

Trust me Brooksy, take the weights off and the car will be easier to drive. I run 25wt - 27.5wt oil in the rear, 3 hole drilled to 1.4mm and front 37.5wt, 2 hole drilled to 1.3mm.

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 09-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post
Yes Reg, see above. Check out the Durango website set up sheets. Each sheet will tell you what the track was and the prevailing conditions. Match that to where you race and go through your car matching the set up.

It should give you an idea from a number of drivers perspective.
i know about the setup sheets but they are very individual to the way each driver drives,i just wanted a base set up that is a good starting point for everywere

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 09-01-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Currently running 10thou in the front and 5 rear for worksop.
I was suffering front chronic understeer, and kept going softer than everyone else on front springs. A bit of help from Adam, and it turned out that running it like that wasn't making the tyres work properly. So stiffened it up and took all the weight off, and bingo! Sooooo much better.
Strange but worth a try.
The pendulum effect is the main thing.
i had 10k in the front and had on power under steer , went to 12.5 and that made it far better, got 7 in rear, tell you tried the trish bits weights? they put the weight infront of the rear wheels! see james H
Old 09-01-2010

I'll give it a try whittler next time I race. Hopefully I can get a race in before the next round at Worksop.
I need some drills aswell for the piston holes. I haven't done mine yet.
Old 09-01-2010
Mad Member

Ive got some drills you can use if that helps
Old 09-01-2010

Cheers Sam, ill borrow them next time I see you. Don't know when I'll get to race next though, don valley canceled next week aswell.
Old 09-01-2010

Westbridgford (Nottingham) is on this Saturday 16th Jan!!

http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?optio...d=44&Itemid=68

www.wbmcc.com
Old 10-01-2010

I just ran my dex for the first time yesterday. Im from the northeast usa and run on a small indoor med bite topsoil track. I was AMAZED at how easy it is to drive fast with this car. i ran 7k/2k and am going to go up a little bit in diff weight. I am thinking 10/3 or 15/5 will be very good for the track i run at.

I am using the Kit springs with 3 holes drilled to 55/56 running 37.5/27.5 and the suspension feel great.
Old 12-01-2010

hi guys!!!!,i ran my durango for the time sunday 10th at a local track down in Montreal,Canada...............the durango is not available here but my friend went on your side for the holidays and brought 2 dex410 for us!!!!had a blast while building it!!! AND A THE TRACK, everyone was amazed by it!!
i usualy make the A-main finale, finishing between 4-8 ....with about 30 entries............this weekend: I DID MY FIRST PODIUM with the 2nd place!!!.guys at the track were speechless about the car's behavior....already 2-3 guys want to have one.......otherwise ill be more often on the podium!!!!!!!
P.s. our track is small and made of dirt( quite loose).....my oils setups are:
5000f and 2000r, 27.5f and 22.5r....what would you put?? u can see the track at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYHMTLEr65k
thanks guys!!!!
Andre-francois blanchette
Old 13-01-2010

Hi everyone, I think that i don t need to say how powerful precise and smooth this buggy is, I just drove the car for a couple of times more or less.
I notice that when I have the sides weights( I melt some plumb and made my own weight because my lipos are quiet heavy) anyway with the side weights the car feels more ''aggressive''there is a german word for that =giftig =(poisoning) some times i like the car like this.
I drive 22,5 shok oil all around kit springs diff oil stock, but i want to try 30000 front and 10000 rear everything else is manual setup but I change the ball ends to losi and d4 ball (with some spacer to get the stock sizes) I put also some calandra racing and tamiya shims here and there to eliminate as much 'slop' as possible. I would like to ask you if someone tried the rear hub with the writing the once that gives you 4degree toe in all around, are they ok or is 4degree too much? wenn i checked some durango setup sheet I coulden t find any section for = stock rear hub or 1degree rear hub.
anyway I loved build this kit with tweezer and loup (reading-glas) because this car deserve the attention like a swiss watch, "high quality".
To drive this car is pure satisfaction .
sorry for my poor english.
F:
Old 21-01-2010

Hello Guys,
yesterday was my rollout with the Dex, firstofall I can say that the car is really easy to drive on carpet and i'm very happy with the handling also ...

I ran the setup from Craig at the players ReMatch except the kit springs because the tuningsprings are not ob stock and also I run 2 hole in frotn and 3 hole rear not drilled with 30/30 oil.
diffs are 15k in front and 10k rear.

weight just the sideweight and a low profile servo in front ..
As i said handling was great ..good rear gripp and also fornt gripp was nice (on/off-power)

I just broke after a little crash the plastik servoserver piece, so the evening was finished after this little mistake ..don't know why this broke ? maybe a little to strong the servosaver setting because the crash was really not heavy ...

But all in all a really good feeling for me with that car... so now I want to see how it performs outdoors and also at the EC in austria in summer..uii

regards Tom
Old 27-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

I raced mine this past Sunday for first time.
Being the organizer didn't help as I lost 2 qualifiers.
Also building the car during night didn't help much as I did some errors and lost 2 qualifies due to that . So out of 5 lost 4 !!!
Last qualifier was very good run and finished with time ti be middle of A but having only 1 good qualification sent me back to B main on 5th position.

I easily won B main by winning first two rounds and help fellow Durango driver on third to win it by finishing behind him to protect him

Watching A main, I don;t think I could finish high enough (first 3 places only with very much luck, something I'm don't usually have ) but could finish in the middle.

I used 450cst MuchMore oil front/rear and my (yet another) mistake was that I used 10000oil on both front/rear diffs!! Setup other that that was per instructions. This mistake wasn't because of late hours but from the assumption that kit came with 2000 front/rear so I'll put same oil also Track is not permanent, but we build it on Friday and dissemble it on Sunday for racing weekends. It has asphalt but slippery and in some carpet areas too. It seems that best tyre is Losi IFMAR Stud

I think 100000 rear was too much, although car wasn't bad to drive, just couldn't put more pressure to get faster laps

Next time, will try 5000 in the rear which I think it will be much better

5 Ps of Racing: Perfect Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!!
Old 27-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb3999 View Post
hi guys!!!!,i ran my durango for the time sunday 10th at a local track down in Montreal,Canada...............the durango is not available here but my friend went on your side for the holidays and brought 2 dex410 for us!!!!had a blast while building it!!! AND A THE TRACK, everyone was amazed by it!!
i usualy make the A-main finale, finishing between 4-8 ....with about 30 entries............this weekend: I DID MY FIRST PODIUM with the 2nd place!!!.guys at the track were speechless about the car's behavior....already 2-3 guys want to have one.......otherwise ill be more often on the podium!!!!!!!
P.s. our track is small and made of dirt( quite loose).....my oils setups are:
5000f and 2000r, 27.5f and 22.5r....what would you put?? u can see the track at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYHMTLEr65k
thanks guys!!!!
Andre-francois blanchette
Hehe i think i know this durango...

Finally, my first run was good, i do not finish my main because i had an electronic problem.

But the car feel good. Easy to jump and land very well.

But my only problem come from a big understeer!

I run a 7k in the front / 2k in the rear
35wt 3hole in the front / 30wt 3holes in the rear
long wheelbase
stock setup for the rest
4deg rear kickup
Old 29-05-2010

First run today, and it was pure joy. 30/30 shock oil, the rest stock. It was a bit slippery due to a lot of rain earlier today so its hard say if the setup work. However, great car!

This is the track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wnPucyZaIY. Not me driving though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATT500109.jpg (39.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-12-2010

Picture this, 6 year old son 8.5T motor jumping around on tripple's effortlessly and smiling on me every time he misses the landings on the tripple. end of the day... no parts broken.... except maybe the ball cups popping off and the steering servo link (worse parts of a DEX 410 Specs IMHO). Will just order to replace the said parts , maybe Losi and a AE ball post.
Overall its a . before on my Son's B44, first try on the trple, arms Front arms broken, second try , gears Stripping.... sold both then got him a 410... now worry free dad,,, just a broken pocket but nothing is compared to a happy and enjoying Son = Priceless.