Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 04-02-2012

Thanks for the encourgement! Really means alot to know i'm not going backwards.

I'm back with some no natural light photography again, sure i'll take some pictures outside tomorrow morning once the window masks are off, unless I get knocked out by the plastikoat smell, but I was quite pleased with this effort as it's only my fourth touring car attempt. It's got stars in the white, but you won't get to see them until tomorrow. Even gave some lights a go!

Old 04-02-2012

Looking real nice, Love the colours and love the design, Cant wait to see it in some decent light.

I love doing lights, I have a certain stlye that I like to do and come up with slightly different designs on each one (I have a ouple of pages of lights drawn out LOL), Infact its one of my favourite parts of doing the bodies

Anyway getting back to the paint looks reall gooood
Old 04-02-2012
Mad Member

Great choice of colours, good clear bold design, looks cool

Photography is the painters nemesis ! I usually just use flash but the colours never come out right.

My paintwork thread
Old 04-02-2012

I really like your touring car painting style, and recognise what you mean by your lights, so it's great that you think this one looks good, thanks. I'm pleased with how it did turn out as it was a mad rush job to get it all done starting friday evening for someone for a meeting on sunday.

I've tried taking some outdoor photo's but if anything it's not a true representation of the pink, it makes it look crazy! But it probably is anyway. Also it was picked up before I could take pictures of the removes window masks. Still needs work, but onto the next!
Old 04-02-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

some nice work on the tc's mate keep it up looking good
Old 08-02-2012

Finished this one last night. Took more positives than negatives with this one, just like the one above, like the sides and roof.

Lights don't work with it, by the time I got to them I already was in 'I don't care now just get it done' tantrum mood
Live and learn! Onto the next, thanks for looking.
Old 08-02-2012

I've decided I don't like it now!

Blue's too dark, and tc shells never work dark to light! Balls.

Next!
Old 09-02-2012
Mad Member

i like the colors mate.

perhaps some white design work in the black to break it up a bit and some texture of some sort in the blue

nice1 bud

http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/

UK Distributors of RCS Products

Old 09-02-2012
Mad Member

It's neat and tidy Steve, I quite like it. There are 2 things that I don't like though. The front lights, you've got a red and an orange, that throws you instantly because as soon as you've seen it you have to check it's the front of the car ?

I like the pattern on the roof, the bonnet is cool and especially the way it goes around and over the wing into the side of the car, then you have the sort of lightning shape and then toward the rear you have the sort of tribal type shape. This is the bit that doesn't work for me, everything else has essentially been quite straight with the design you've used and then you have that curve. If it was one or the other I think it would look more consistent.

I like the colours and I think dark at the front to light at the rear do work but maybe it's not obvious enough on yours, one of the colours needs to be darker or lighter, that could well be the images / internet / my screen but I can't really see the difference front to back. As Jon already said some texture or effect in their might help to break it up a bit. And again as Jon said, the black could do with something to break it up, black is an extremely heavy colour so it needs to be used with something else to give it another dimension.

As I started in this post though, it looks neat and tidy, you should be pleased with it, I'm being picky with my comments above but I think you've clearly got the talent and what I've said above would be the difference between a good shell and an excellent shell.

My paintwork thread

Last edited by eyeayen; 09-02-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: cant spel at gone 2am...
Old 09-02-2012

As always thanks for your comments, otherwise I won't learn. I've replaced the pictures (after posting this) with some slightly better daytime photo's to get a better viewing of what I was 'trying' to do. I think it looks a little less craptacular in natural light.

As I said I thought the blue was too dark, to go with the black, and sure enough looking at it, it looks flat, which I was dissapointed by. As Jon said a bit of texture would of brought it to life a little better. Maybe I could of done a white fade in the black? Not sure.

Someone else did comment on its lack of consistent design, which I totally agree with, something I'll make sure does not happen with the next.

I am quite harsh on myself and the previous shell was a big step in the right direction for me, but this one I felt I took a step back.

Crying over, got another to do now.
Old 09-02-2012

Hey,

It doesn't look bad in fact it looks tho youve done it well which is always a good sign, I really like the roof that added bit of white brings it together really well.

The thing about painting is that it really is down to taste, some will love it, some will hate it and others just wont be fussed either way.

for me I'm not keen on the front, like you said I personally prefer a white front with the design going down the bonnet into the white and this body will look alot better when the wheels have been cut out due to the amount of blue at the front.

However, the best thing for me about mistakes is that you learn from it and the next is always better !!

And I for one cant wait to see the next.
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by U1timate PigDog View Post
Hey,

However, the best thing for me about mistakes is that you learn from it and the next is always better !!

And I for one cant wait to see the next.
Yep, that's what it's all about, I think the problem I have is I always want to get it done all in one go, which doesn't work out too well for me!

Oh give over... well your waitings over anyway.

Heavily based on Loic Jasmins design and colours with my own twist (twist = mess ups)

I'm finally a member of the static club now, I felt really left out. It came in bucket loads on the roof - could of easily said I did it for texture, but that wasn't the case, don't think it ruined it though, I like it!

You can probably pick up on the lack of shading part on the middle section of the black the front, not sure why I did that, it needed to go all the way. A manufactures sticker will only get plonked there anyway though i'm sure.

Dodgy pictures as always.
Old 11-02-2012

You shouldn't be too hard on yourself it looks great especially the front, the design looks great.

I think it looks real nice and if you didn't point out the front non shaded area I might not of noticed lol so would worry too much.
Old 11-02-2012
Mad Member

Never point out your mistakes to a customer, I looked at the shell before I read the text, didn't notice the shading error because it's the same from centre out so it looks right. You seem to be getting a long well !

My paintwork thread
Old 11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
Never point out your mistakes to a customer!
Wise words...

Looking good though Steve. The progression shell to shell is notable.

I'm never satisfied with any shell. Always room for improvement or things just don't work as planned...

cheers

J
Old 12-02-2012

Heres another , thanks all.

Not sure where that white dot came from, but it's not on the shell as the other pictures show. Really pleased with how it turned out
Old 12-02-2012

Very cool looking, I really like the design of the front (you may see this appear on one of my bodies sometime lol )

Like said very cool indeed.

is the dot not the reflection from the flash off the camera? or thereflection of light off the lense

Last edited by U1timate PigDog; 12-02-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added text
Old 12-02-2012
Mad Member

That looks great ! Good design, great simple colouring, nothing too over the top

I'd say that dot is the light coming from behind you and you've just moved slightly so it's coming under your arm or something. You really need to go and get some white paper though ! It will neaten your images up even if you still shoot them outside and have reflections in the body shell.

My paintwork thread
Old 17-02-2012

Worked on the photography a little. Not my best one so far paint wise as it was a test to see how quickly I could do one in, (2hour 10 mins)... but my airbrush broke half way through it but as said before, each one I learn on my limitations, and what I need to work on.
Old 17-02-2012
Mad Member

comin along nicely dude!

http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/

UK Distributors of RCS Products