Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 23-11-2012

Default sx4?

Been thinking about getting a sx3 but seen a few cars coming up for sale lately and then sms selling the kits really cheap. Is there a new car due out ? Should I wait for the new one?
Old 23-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

mbmmodels are cheaper than that!

had it from schumacher, a special promotion for xmas, normal for second hand cars to come up as drivers swap teams or renew thier ride at the end of year
Old 23-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
mbmmodels are cheaper than that!

had it from schumacher, today, no new car just a special promotion for xmas, normal for second hand cars to come up as drivers swap teams or renew thier ride at the end of year
Cat SX3's cheaper than £179.95 Mark? Really.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 24-11-2012
Mad Member

I hope they don't bring the 4 out after telling people they are not then people spend there hard earned money only for a new one to come out in a few months. I must admit I was thinking the same due to the amount of price reductions.
Old 24-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Fraid so darren, he is selling the sx3 pro carbon for £199.99

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115437

where yours is £209.95
Old 24-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Fraid so darren, he is selling the sx3 pro carbon for £199.99

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115437

where yours is £209.95
Might want to just actually "read" what I typed then Mark before posting....

Original poster only said "cheap SX3's" no mention of PRO, ours start from £179.95 which when I went to school was less than £199.95 by £20. LOL ;-)

Bally has gone all out with the PRO kit (fair play to him) where as we have opted to discount heavily all four models in the range. If you want cheapest "PRO" MB have it, if you want cheapest SX3, then its still (currently as I type) at £179.95 as I said......

And if you believe there is no new car coming "sometime soon" then more fool you or anyone, regardless of what you have been told and by whom, whenever any car gets slashed that much it is to clear stock for somthing new on the Horizon whether it is Schumacher, Losi or whoever normally......
Old 24-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
I hope they don't bring the 4 out after telling people they are not then people spend there hard earned money only for a new one to come out in a few months. I must admit I was thinking the same due to the amount of price reductions.
Since the original Cat SX there has been a new 4wd almost every year (SX II and SX3) and I fully expect there to be an SX4 or whatever it may get called somtime soon, but to be fair to Schumacher you cannt expect them to tell the likes of Mark (or anyone else, that is no dig at him) since they have to a), shift al their stock of SX3's, which are now at a great price (regardless of what lies ahead) and b) if they are not ready to launch or announce a new car yet "offically" then then wont spill the beans in an "un-official" manner either (ie without a press release etc).... as I said you cannnot blame them for that though.

We will see, but I will be shocked if there is no new car by the start of next season....
Old 24-11-2012

its such a shame you did not see the op full thread then...
Old 24-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
its such a shame you did not see the op full thread then...
If it has been edited (I assume that is what you mean?) then I cannot help that, it never said PRO at any time when I saw it, hence why I have written the above (if it said PRO then of course I would not have wrriten what I have).....

After all the nonsense in the Ansmann Closing thread last week, I thought it was best we stuck to "facts" (£179.95 is the cheapest overall and £199.99 is the cheapest PRO) after all the grief you took in that thread.

No harm done I guess......
Old 24-11-2012

not having much luck at price matching darren are you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
here are some "facts" to keep it factual!

when i went to school thats £10.95 cheaper than yours! so yup "Really" cheaper..
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/schumach...products/39111
Old 24-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

None in stock though...

You could price it at £20 but if there arn't any in stock you're not able to sell at that price.
Old 24-11-2012

Put the hand bags away, the SX3 is a very capable car which has been proved at the Nationals this year. If Schumacher bring out a new car so what, it'll need to be amazing for alot of racers to part with their cars.

Tom C, Simon Moss, Gregg Williams the list goes on. Is the new car going to be that much better? Really.

This is from a loyal Durango owner as well so I'm not biased either.
Old 24-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:

when i went to school thats £10.95 cheaper than yours! so yup "Really" cheaper..
Who mentioend price matching Mark? not me, we set our price and it sticks there..

For someone who labels himself as a news hound you really do go to great lengths to rub people up the wrong way, there are far better ways to may friends and gain respect in this hobby than how you go about it mate....

The original poster simply said we had some great deals on, nothing more (in fact he put sms, but I think we all saw the typo)

We all buy these at the same deal and all price our own stock according to what we have and what we think our business needs in order to run and prosper.

As the official "reporter" for oOple that you claim to be, I find it hard to swallow that this afternoon you have had to go out of your way to find a shop (who is NOT an oOple advertiser or supporter) who is cheaper just simply to prove you have found one cheaper, well done you should be proud of yourself...

Dpackster is spot on, not wanting to play "handbags" any more on my day off (despite still being on oOple), the Cat SX3 is still a great car, now at better prices than ever before and as he quite rightly says, even if any such SX4 comes out, it wont make the SX3 any worse in any way and therefore it is still a great buy for anyone who decides to get one, from wherever they decide to get it from (lets just hope they decide to support one of the many great dealers who support oOple when and if they do)

Rich, quite right too, when we run out I might reduce ours to 99p (LOL)
Old 24-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Put the hand bags away, the SX3 is a very capable car which has been proved at the Nationals this year. If Schumacher bring out a new car so what, it'll need to be amazing for alot of racers to part with their cars.

Tom C, Simon Moss, Gregg Williams the list goes on. Is the new car going to be that much better? Really.

This is from a loyal Durango owner as well so I'm not biased either.
Even if there is a new car on the horizon a racer on a budget like me cant argue with £189 for a full fat pro car. So i didnt and i bought one

I very much doubt it will be a complete new car if a new one is on the way. Possibly just a 2013 spec with some extra option parts or something.
Old 24-11-2012

Quote:

It's seriously good value, even more so when modelsport send you an e-mail with a £10 off voucher for this weekend only if you spend more than £100.

That makes the sx3 s1 at £159.99. What a bargain !!!!
Old 24-11-2012

darren do u argue with some1 on every thread lol the cream thread u said the ansmann one above and this one just say wat u have and if u made a mistake say oh i didnt c that or something no need to keep arguing with people lol
Old 24-11-2012
Legendary dude

Oh dear mark vs darren the battle of the keyboard warriors. What will your chosen weapons be for the duel at dawn pistols or keyboards?

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 24-11-2012

Wooops double post
Old 24-11-2012

Johnboy, seems its easy, when your wrong just resort to personal comments...

I refrained from it, must be a form of defence...
Old 25-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by av4625 View Post
darren do u argue with some1 on every thread lol the cream thread u said the ansmann one above and this one just say wat u have and if u made a mistake say oh i didnt c that or something no need to keep arguing with people lol
Excuse me?

Cream thread, yes, we both had different opinions on copying and products specs etc, that was three weeks ago and one occasion.....

This thread, I did not mention anything that was to argue, simply the OP said that "sms" (we all think he meant dms) had them really cheap, Mark then said others were cheaper than us at £199.99 (ours actually started from £179.95) I only pointed that out, is that such a big issue? Certainly not "arguing"....

Ansmann Closng thread?? I have not typed a single post in that thread, it was Mark who I was referring too who got shot down for posting the news (which turned out to be 100% accurate I will add) when he did and was accused by people in the trade of rubbing poeple up the wrong way with his comments, I have never had a sinlgle input into that thread....