Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 25-12-2012

Default Convert CAT K1 pins to hex?

So i want to be able to use hex wheels on the CAT K1, got the TLR 22 as my 2wd car, and would be very nice if they could share rear wheels.

Since the CAT K1 already comes with hex adapter for the front, i can use those for the front(?), but i guess only certain front wheels will work, like the "old" losi 4wd fronts?

But what is needed for the rear to run hex wheels? Preferably the tlr 22 rear wheels, if that's possible?

I've read through the CAT K1 threads, and most seems to be mentioning the B44 front and rear hex set, these should work? If so, anyone got the part number for them?

I bought the hex wheel adapters from jconcept, both rear and front, but they don't seem to fit, or they fit, but when screwing on the lock nut to hold the wheel, it doesn't get all that much thread, so i guess it won't hold for long, they seem to build out to much. But maybe that's okay, or?
Old 25-12-2012

I have a TLR22 and the K1 as well.
When I test mounted the rear Losi wheels it seemed like the shaft was too short, not enought to thread for the nut. I've ordered Shumi wheels instead.
But it would've been nice if the losi ones fit as well.. Maybe possible with a special adapter.

The front hexes in the K1 kit are a little to small for the hex in the TLR22 front wheels.

/Morgan

Old 25-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post
I have a TLR22 and the K1 as well.
When I test mounted the rear Losi wheels it seemed like the shaft was too short, not enought to thread for the nut. I've ordered Shumi wheels instead.
But it would've been nice if the losi ones fit as well.. Maybe possible with a special adapter.

The front hexes in the K1 kit are a little to small for the hex in the TLR22 front wheels.

/Morgan
For the rear, I guess it would fit if you used a hex with the 22 wheel, not the pin wheels(Who runs pins anymore anyway? ).

The front hexes are supposed to be 10mm just like the losi ones? Either way, with a B44 hex, the 22 rims should be just fine. I've used them on my Yokomo, Durango, XXX-4, and B44...

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 26-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post

/Morgan

Oh? The front tlr 22 wheels seems to be fitting nicely here. It's the rear ones i've been a bit unsure about, as the nut only get about half of its threads used, but as i've understood now, it should be enough.

Also i was under the impression that the front wheels on 2wd cars were smaller than the wheels on 4wd cars, in total width that is, but that also is false after what i've read. So it looks like am good to go now.

Edit: Or actually, it looks like the front hex on the tlr is 9.8/9.9mm and the hex that comes with the CAT K1 is 9.5/9.6mm so there is a difference, but when putting on the tlr 22 front wheel and screwing in the lock nut, the wheel seems to be sitting very good.
Old 26-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrius View Post

Also i was under the impression that the front wheels on 2wd cars were smaller than the wheels on 4wd cars, in total width that is, but that also is false after what i've read. So it looks like am good to go now.
Generally they are. Most 2wd cars run the slim front tyres. For some reason the newer kits seem to be being shipped with a much wider front wheel, which you then end up having to cut down to size so it doesnt distort the slim rubber.