Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 17-12-2010

48dp spur kit http://www.fusionhobbies.com/LRP-Mai.../lrp122514.htm
Old 01-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Any Blast reports from the tail-end of the indoor seasons around the UK?

I'm looking at this car as a means of getting my young cousin sorted with a car of his own, as the RC racing bug does seem to have bitten him - for the moment, he's driving my BJ4WE with a big RPM bumper on it, which helps a lot! Most of the juniors are driving Kyosho ZX5s, and this car is mentioned to be very similar, but with the benefit of gear diffs. Primary surface will be polished wood, so I suspect the anti-roll bar would be unnecessary?

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 01-04-2011

I have used the LRP Blast and its a fantastic car for the money. It would be awesome on a polished slippery floor. I haven't used it indoors but i have outdoors on grass and also on tarmac including on ice for one meeting. Its embarrassed many a more expensive car especially when it gets very slippery. There have been a number of them running at my local club www.cmcrc.co.uk and the have performed very well getting podium results in the A final as well as being strong beginer cars. The only thing that you do have to watch is the grub screws are tight on the drivetrain, but that goes with any car really.
Old 03-04-2011

Not sure abou the bx but i bought the tx a few days aggo,its the truggy version, i love it to bits,only thing i would say is change the shock oil and go brushless!!!
New videos soon! SUbscribe rate and comment
Keeping fast motors going fast!
Old 03-04-2011
YORCC legend

I race mine indoors at York and have been running it since September last year. I really like it, especially for the price. I run mine with a 15 turn brushed Orion motor, Mtroniks esc, Ansmann radio and 40C lipo.

I'm currently having an issue with the front end being a bit tight but it's nothing that can't be sorted.

LRP have been pretty poor in getting the hop-ups through but I've managed to source a 48dp spur, rear CVDs, alloy wheel hexes and different shock springs as well as general spares.

One issue I have is with a leaky front shock that refuses to be fixed but that aside, it a great little club car.
Old 03-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

How robust are the plastics? The aforementioned ZX5s have a tendency to break, generally caster blocks and general front suspension brittleness...on one occasion assisted by the also-aforementioned RPM bumper...! How would the LRP compare to other cars, plastic, alloy and carbon?

I recall LRP had grand plans for a range of hop-ups, but can now find little about it? Perhaps they shelved some plans? I presume it would have led to a 'pro' level car much as Ansmann have.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 03-04-2011

I have to agree with George (no.46). Amazing car for the money.

I took mine out (straight out of the box and no adjustments) ran GTB, 7.5, Futaba s9550, robitronic 4600 35c. It embarrassed some very expensive cars. (well.....the owners at least!)

Had quite a smack and bust a turn buckle. Plastic held fine. I did toward the end of the day botch a Hotbodies D4 WCE front bumper on, as the kit one is pretty useless if you land hard on soft bumpy ground.

For hop ups, cvds are pretty high up on the 'to order list'. If you bust a turn buckle like i did, the dogbones go AWOL. I was lucky and found mine.

For spares and hopups Freeprawnracing hold good stock.