Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 31-01-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher
Default Indoor winter National

just got somthing to say about this event, and the guys who put it on.

Brilliant and Thankyou!

really enjoyed the format, the track layouts and it was run spot on.

those who missed it.... well you miseed a brilliant meeting.

the BRCA guys and Mark Muzzy (race director) and the Ref's did an awsome job, and finally

Paul Worsley

this guy gets some flack and hands up ive done it. i had a few long chats with paul over the weekend, and got to say what an eye opener!

knowledgable, nice, fair guy who puts an awfull lot in, is so enthusiastic and encouraging to drivers new to the class.
Paul, thank you!!
Old 31-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

and wait till you all see jimmys in car footage, its amazing!!
Old 31-01-2010
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Just want to say thankyou to the non-club volounteers who helped build, adjust and dismantle the track, it really was very much appreciated as we were severely down on availability of club volounteers. Sorry if there were any problems with the track or anything but we did the best we could with the manpower available at the time.
Old 31-01-2010

Default Cool

2nd in F3/4/5's both days DOH ! Cool weekend ! Had to escape early for Nephews birthday party !!! Cheers Guys

having a proper ref makes all the difference

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 31-01-2010

top weekend thanks
Old 31-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

A Massive thanks for a very enjoyable weekend!!!!!
My driving was shocking but I still enjoyed this event!!!
And I will be back for more racing at Worksop, I need the practice haha
Old 31-01-2010
Legendary dude

Have to say what an ace weekend. Big thanks to the brca 10th section and the worksop crew for a well run and fun meeting.
Old 31-01-2010

And I just got back to Bonnie Dundee in Sunny Scotland! Pretty easy drive up really.

Thank you to everyone for an excellent meeting and great facility. Top Notch.

Big thank you to everyone who made me welcome and helped me throughout the weekend. I had a great time.

Special thanks to Dave Gibson, who stopped me packing and giving up today after such a traumatic crash in practice and totalling the front end.

Dave gave me the parts I needed to keep going, although I never really caught myself up again (slack slipper clutch in the fifth race was even more embarrassing than the wheel coming off earlier!).

I must remember to sort that before the next meeting up here...
Old 01-02-2010

Default Well dOne

Gibbo's the man !!! If you had a normal car Im sure any of us would have helped you out !!! Us southerners LOL are all like that

Well done on coming so far ! Glad you though I was in charge Friday Night !!!!

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 01-02-2010
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

it wasnt my best event as got frustrated with my driving and other peoples driving BUT i must say abig well done to durango team driver NORTHY for winning the f2 title good man { keep it up boss }
Old 01-02-2010

This was my first event of this type and found it really enjoyable and a different feel to the racing, perhaps not suited to my own style as I often buckle when I have a car up my ar5e so to speak! Those mass starts were mental but amazingly I got through them almost every time (more luck than judgement), only to 'choke' most times with lots following closely, on more than one occasion dropped from top spot or second to last with errors on that far corner tabletop. In fact that was my only slight issue, there were a couple of places on the track where if you came unstuck you were in a 'blind spot' and would lose so much more time/places than if you crashed elsewhere, but then the old 'well don't crash then' is the answer to that gripe.

The meeting was run really well and a massive thanks to all involved, I think everyone enjoyed it and there was a great atmosphere.

Old 01-02-2010
Mad Member

never done a reedy style format before and was'nt that keen on it to be honest still had a good day though with no breakages and a well run meeting as usual from the brca/worksop crew

is there a full list of results anywhere ?

cheers paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 01-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had great fun, like trying the reedy style every now and again with this and players, same as I like FTD rather than round by round sometimes to keep it interesting!

Does throw up oddities though, I came close in F2's in 4wd despite driving like I prefer yellow wheels most of the day!

Definitely going to keep DC's "Tray of Amish" notice too!!
Old 01-02-2010

Whats this new amish tray then dave?? you do realise if you had yellow wheels on, then you would have gone half a second faster
Old 01-02-2010
Mad Member

Meeting was very well run as expected with Worksop crew. Track was good aswell apart from not being able to have marshalls in the middle of the track. Thats where i was going to crash aswell!! LOL!

Wasnt keen on the format. I havent seen a meeting with as many take out moves and totally abusive language from drivers to other drivers in ages. There was something missing from the Players meeting with the same format somehow. Maybe it was that people were taking this meeting far too serious and maybe the Players was seen as a bit more fun but something just wasnt right for me??
This isnt a moan at anybody but just my views.
Good that the BRCA decided to try something different anyway! Well done for trying.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 01-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Meeting was very well run as expected with Worksop crew. Track was good aswell apart from not being able to have marshalls in the middle of the track. Thats where i was going to crash aswell!! LOL!

Wasnt keen on the format. I havent seen a meeting with as many take out moves and totally abusive language from drivers to other drivers in ages. There was something missing from the Players meeting with the same format somehow. Maybe it was that people were taking this meeting far too serious and maybe the Players was seen as a bit more fun but something just wasnt right for me??
This isnt a moan at anybody but just my views.
Good that the BRCA decided to try something different anyway! Well done for trying.
I know what you mean about the atmosphere and yeah the players was more if a "fun" event, probably for the reason you stated.

The manouvers you mean, well it was well difficult to overtake so at times I guess people end up giving it a try, unfortunately you can then get accidents!?

I think sometimes people just need to chill a bit about that and realise there is a difference between a stupid lunge and an honest attempt that nearly, but doesn't quite, work, despite the outcome being the same! I still struggle in rc with the fact that you can just side swipe someone as they come alongside and it's their fault, seems bizarre but that's how it is!!

Also, on the flip side I thought there was also some very courteous driving, I had long running battles with Mr's Fox(R), Austin, Springer and Shardlow at different times which stayed totally clean, in fact was some of the most fun Racing I've had in a long time!!
Old 01-02-2010
Mad Member

The incidents that happened to me were bad moves over the start finish table top. How on earth is that a good place to pass. One guy hit me on the table top, i rolled and then he just went without waiting. Really bad sport.
I saw loads of incidents other than just mine. Still enjoyed myself though...just!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 01-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Whats this new amish tray then dave?? you do realise if you had yellow wheels on, then you would have gone half a second faster
You'll have to ask DC about the tray, or I'll pm you it later!

Yellow wheels may have made me half a second faster, but they'd make me unable to to call myself a man!
Old 01-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
I had great fun, like trying the reedy style every now and again with this and players, same as I like FTD rather than round by round sometimes to keep it interesting!

Does throw up oddities though, I came close in F2's in 4wd despite driving like I prefer yellow wheels most of the day!

Definitely going to keep DC's "Tray of Amish" notice too!!

New stickers will be made!!!!! As follows.......

Tray of Amish and Team Amish

I wrote a little story about the "Tray of Amish!!!" Amish uses, too much to remember, but it was littered with Amish stickers!!!