Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 08-12-2009

i have never used a dremel on my x6
Old 08-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
wonder if the dremel is included in the price?! lol
Never mind asking Santa for one, it will be that expensive .............. you'd better go and see the Bank Manager LOL
Old 08-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

You lot are funny

No there will be NO dremel in the kit (since it is not required...LOL)

Keep the wild guess coming on the price though, when one of you gets remotley close I may comment further.

As far as the "limited" number goes try less than 50! (mush less)

(Alec, price does not matter to you, you already have the two most expensive cars on the track )

Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 08-12-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Less than 50!! Will these kits be numbered, as serpent did with an onroad car lately? That way there would be a guaranteed number released. Just wondering on a collectability thing
Old 08-12-2009

is it 15?

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 08-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
You lot are funny

No there will be NO dremel in the kit (since it is not required...LOL)

Keep the wild guess coming on the price though, when one of you gets remotley close I may comment further.

As far as the "limited" number goes try less than 50! (mush less)

(Alec, price does not matter to you, you already have the two most expensive cars on the track )

Darren
My CR2 Atomic is the CHEAPEST mid motor 2wd by far. Kit price £145, a £10 XXXNT front and a £70 donor car that already has the Losi shocks on ........ £225 ready to race. ............ Now tell me again, how much is the X6 Limited Edition?
Old 08-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

still more than my £50 madrat with borrowed B4 shocks Alec! lol

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
still more than my £50 madrat with borrowed B4 shocks Alec! lol
Does the person you borrowed the shocks off know how you've tarnished them? LOL
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

[QUOTE=YoungChazz;319101]Hope to have more info this afternoon our time. QUOTE]
Is it price giveaway time yet Mr Chazz?
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
My CR2 Atomic is the CHEAPEST mid motor 2wd by far. Kit price £145, a £10 XXXNT front and a £70 donor car that already has the Losi shocks on ........ £225 ready to race. ............ Now tell me again, how much is the X6 Limited Edition?
LOL, second hand compared to new luv it!!! (no hydra, sway bars, new front tower, motor brace or reverse idler on yours then ) our car is not the only one in the UK with options available you know!!

Would love to remind you again how much the Ellis kit is but we havnt actually announced it yet!! You are all just guessing......
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Less than 50!! Will these kits be numbered, as serpent did with an onroad car lately? That way there would be a guaranteed number released. Just wondering on a collectability thing
No intention at present of numbering them, not sure on the collectable thing, these are aimed at racers to be used rather than shelved
Old 09-12-2009

Fair enough, so it may not be such a ltd release if the kit sells well then?
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
LOL, second hand compared to new luv it!!! (no hydra, sway bars, new front tower, motor brace or reverse idler on yours then ) our car is not the only one in the UK with options available you know!!

Would love to remind you again how much the Ellis kit is but we havnt actually announced it yet!! You are all just guessing......
Are you saying you don't need a donor car with the Ellis Edition? I thought Chazz said that it's still a conversion!!!! ..........if you do would that donor car not be second hand?, it would make it even more expensive if you had to buy a brand new B4 LOL.

How much is a brand new Losi CR? .......... add that to the £145 for the Atomic and it's all brand new (and still cheap)

I tried the sway bars, don't like them, I have the motor brace (£15) and the new front tower (£12), but I don't use the reverse idler so add another £27 to mine ............ still makes it way cheaper than anything else on the market
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Fair enough, so it may not be such a ltd release if the kit sells well then?
It will 100% be limited (the exact number ONLY depends on the quantities that the outside suppliers can suply at present). Once this is known the number will be announced..
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Are you saying you don't need a donor car with the Ellis Edition? I thought Chazz said that it's still a conversion!!!! ..........if you do would that donor car not be second hand?, it would make it even more expensive if you had to buy a brand new B4 LOL.

How much is a brand new Losi CR? .......... add that to the £145 for the Atomic and it's all brand new (and still cheap)

I tried the sway bars, don't like them, I have the motor brace (£15) and the new front tower (£12), but I don't use the reverse idler so add another £27 to mine ............ still makes it way cheaper than anything else on the market
To clarify, the Ellis Edition IS a conversion kit..

Almost 95% of people we know who have converted cars to mid motor (CR2 or X6) often start with a NEW donor car, very few uses second hand parts.

The CR2 is not "expensive" for what you get, but it is more expensive than an X6 (£145 to £140) donor car £220 (XXXCR) to £190 (B4 FT - less if you use a std team spec) and then the extras both cars "need" - CR2 £27 as you say for "essentials" and approx £32 for the X6 essentials (E-Speed hangers and long axles), all other "hop ups" for both cars are luxuries that are NOT needed. So - CR2 £392 and X6 £362, its not cheaper mate....... (unless like everyone else, you want to include ALL the luxuries when talking about an X6 only...)

The Ellis car will NOT be cheap, lets get that confirmed and clear now, but includes many of the "luxuries" we talk about that people want and Ellis uses. Brass weight kits are not essential, available for ALL cars out there (including the CR2 amongst others), the Lunsford titanium, front wing, roll bars, etc etc are all "nice" bits that set a standard car apart from all the others and more importnat have featured on the very car that has now won two nationals title back to back.

I am certian that if AC won the same titles we would see a "Danny Magoo" version or similiar (maybe with his new alloy chassis etc and any tweaks he uses) and it would be all very similiar to what we have here.

I assume with all this interest in the topic you are keen on getting one then?
Old 09-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

I'm guessing it'll be around the £270-290 mark? bet that shiny brass weight kit makes a fair difference to the price
Old 09-12-2009
Lee-Mag

I can guarantee the price will be between 100 and 500, is that close enough Darren?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I can guarantee the price will be between 100 and 500, is that close enough Darren?
It might be....just (if we include every part ever known for the X6 plus the essential dremel kit too) LOL
Old 09-12-2009

This may sound like a daft question, but if the E-Speed hangers and long axles are 'essential' items, why are they not included in the conversion?
Old 09-12-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

Cos they don't run them in the states or Japan where most of the cars are sold, they do however work very well on Euro tracks.

Nortech is ACE!