Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 19-02-2010
Thieving scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
3 and half times the price of your Madrat, you could never afford one
ahh more madrat rubbish problem is with my low cost rubbish car i beet 4 B4's and 2 X6's this weds :P
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Would X-Factory not be tempted to sell the basic kit and then an EU spec with all the bits to make it work, or most of them.
Hi DCM, I covered most of your question in my second last (I think) reply. I would LOVE to have a full blown, all bells and whistles, maximum bling version of a whole kit available, but at present it is not practical and as mentioned earlier the ONLY essential I think anyone will add is the ES001 at just £14.99, the HUGE list of needed upgrades is really no bigger than this one part for the UK tracks.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle_axe View Post
ahh more madrat rubbish problem is with my low cost rubbish car i beet 4 B4's and 2 X6's this weds :P
I never said rubbish... I choose my words carefully and only refered to its cost and not its quality as a referance to another price related swipe at one of our products. Good on you for beating those B4's and X6's, I hope you continue to do so for along time with it
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

I wasnt having a go in my previous threads darren, far from it

I think this new kit is a great idea and when you think about it, worth every penny! Id buy one myself but ive got an original X6 im more than happy with

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post
I wasnt having a go in my previous threads darren, far from it

I think this new kit is a great idea and when you think about it, worth every penny! Id buy one myself but ive got an original X6 im more than happy with
Never said you was mate Thanks for the helpful imput to the thread. At the end of the day the REAL opinion is of those who have one on order or decide to get one, and judging simply by email pre-orders and PM ones too, the number of people liking this kit and concept is FAR more than the few who dont (or who enjoy just stirring things up) which is what matters most
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Go to bed, Darren, it's midnight, and you'll have orders to process in the AM.

For the guy who's upset about buying a Conversion Kit a few days ago, two things: First, that's always going to happen, like those who bought B3s the day before the B4 came out. But most important, your new X - 6 Squared Conversion Kit builds the same car, and if you already had a B4 you saved a lot of money. We continue to sell the K 019 conversion Kit -- D.M.S. just took anopther box of them -- and we expect to continue selling them for a long time. Your car is NOT obsolete. Unlike those B3 owners, there are lots of guys still winning with original X - 6s.

Foir those who think this is expensive, you are nuts, uninformed, can't read, or all three. (I can only talk U.S.D. here and we don't have the VAT and import duties)

The K 021 is priced about $50 less than a B4 FT+ Conversion Kit, and that's if you buy the B4 at one of the U.S. discount on-line stores. Buy the B4 anywhere else and the K 021 could save you as much as $100.

Yes, the Kit does not have wheels and tires. How many of you U.K. drivers use the yellow wheels in a Losi kit? And how many use the Holeshots that come with the B4? So you're going to buy wheels & tires anyway -- we saved the cost and didn't charge you for them.

Yes, the Kit comes with AE shocks -- the good FT threaded ones that come in the B4 FT kit. We can buy two part numbers for the AE shocks and have everything in two bags while we have to pay more in total for about 9 part numbers to do it in Losi. And no serious racer I know uses the shock oil that come in a kit -- who knows what type or weight it is?

We are not in the shock business, so Team drivers are free to use whatever shock they want. Some of them use AE already. And, please, you be the one who tells Brian Kinwald to stop using his Kyosho shocks. I don't want that job...

My personal X - 6 Squared, built a year ago, has been upgraded along the way with the 2601 front axles, 5210 top shaft, 5530 slipper plates, 5661 rear axles, then 5800 C-CVDs. I've got 30 degree caster blocks and B44 hubs & bearings. How much is all that worth? You get them all in the K 021 X - 6 Squared Kit. Plus all the Lunsford stuff including the hex-head ball studs. And the J concepts ball cups.

At $349 the K 021 saves you almost $150 over buying a new B4 + Conversion Kit + the various upgrades noted above. I won't listen for a moment to those saying it is expensive -- anyone who carefully considers what you get will immediately realize the X - 6 Squared Kit is one heck of a bargain!

Rant over.
Wow, never mind me going to bed, you should go and bag up some X6 Sq EC bits in bags ready for the release instead of being on here and letting your blood boil at some of the comments etc, LOL

Amongst the posts were some sensible questions, queries and ideas, these needed answering, which i have done. Pre-orders look good already (even this early) looks like you, Paul and Cecilia will be very busy in the coming few weeks.....

By the way Chazz, this new kit of ours is really expensive you know (I just had to)
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Blood not boiling, Darren, and I repeat: go to bed! It's after 1 AM now! At least I'm sitting here in a nice restaurant with a good roast beef sandwich.

But I do have trouble with a few who don't seem to understand the difference between X Factory and the "big" companies. Increasingly the "bigs" are selling RTR stuff made in China. X Factory sells race cars for racers, mostly made in the USA. All the plastic parts are US-made; some parts actually come out of a press operated by me! No unknown materials, no cheap molds here.

Small production runs are an advantage in many ways. For example, if we discover a problem, or come up with a better part, we can make a running change quickly. But those short runs are expensive.

Even so, we bring you the fastest cars at the lowest possible price. I can assure everybody that X Factory makes less profit per car than any of the "big" guys. Cecilia, Paul, and I want to make cars for our friends, not take all their money. That's what the Family concept is all about.

Don't get me wrong, we do OK, but X Factory truly is about Engineering Without Fear, giving you the highest quality fastest car at the best possible price. No RTR junk. I'll retire and watch bikinis on the beach in Florida first.

Don't let Cecilia see that last bit...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Darren, and I repeat: go to bed! It's after 1 AM now! At least I'm sitting here in a nice restaurant with a good roast beef sandwich.........

Don't get me wrong, we do OK, but X Factory truly is about Engineering Without Fear, giving you the highest quality fastest car at the best possible price. No RTR junk. I'll retire and watch bikinis on the beach in Florida first.

Don't let Cecilia see that last bit...
LOL, I promise I am off to bed now (have just updated all of tonights race results from our club racing to our website and I am done for the day now (1:43am)...... Roast Beef sandwich..sure beats what I had to eat tonight!!

As far as watching bikinis in Florida goes, sounds cool, not the best place to right somthing though if you dont want Cecilia to find out

Speak to you tommorrow no doubt..........
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Who is selling Cougars at £230 then?? Most shops are £245/250
Round about toys, £229.99.

I think it's a good idea selling the X6 as a whole car though
My X6 was ace so at least peolpe don't need a B4 to start with now

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Contributor

Well done X-factory, a complete car, with all the extra bits needed at a competitive price!

But I'll stick with my old rusty trusty original X6 untill it falls apart :-)
Old 19-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to Ben Turner

Im a bit disappointed its not something totally brand new, but all the same its great news to see a new manufacture bringing out their first complete kit
Old 19-02-2010

Loving the news, Loving this thread! Roll on 2010!!!
Old 19-02-2010
LeeOtard

Quote:
You should watch him more closely this season then!!!

Come to think of it I have never seen the B4 owners rush to all change theirs either.................
Really????????

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2009n.../OOP_6634.html
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to jono83

yoke shocks?
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Lee, by "owners" I did mean the paying customers

Very handy you have replied to this thread actually, since you have put the awesome Tamiya shocks on your CR2, does that mean all CR2 owners will now ditch their Losi shocks for Tamiya ones, for the same reasons people tell us they have to have Losi shocks on an X6 to be the same as Ellis.............

At the end of the day, top drivers will run what ever parts (shocks or whatever) they need to make their car feel right for them and what they are most comfortable with.......regardless of what make of car they run.

Maybe we should start up some trading loops
Madrat owners buy up all the AE shocks from B4's and X6's, then X6/B4 owners buy all the Losi shocks from CR2/XXX owners which allows them to all go and buy Tamiya shocks !!!! LOL Everyone is happy!!!
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Everyone happy except owners of model shops, who sell no shocks...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 19-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
The K 021 is priced about $50 less than a B4 FT+ Conversion Kit, and that's if you buy the B4 at one of the U.S. discount on-line stores. Buy the B4 anywhere else and the K 021 could save you as much as $100.
I know it makes it cheaper than how it originally would of cost, to go the X-6 route, but it still works out a lot more than a B4.

Cue argument about it being one of only 2 out of the box mid motor'd kits on the market (soon)
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I know it makes it cheaper than how it originally would of cost, to go the X-6 route, but it still works out a lot more than a B4.

Cue argument about it being one of only 2 out of the box mid motor'd kits on the market (soon)
It is a much higher spec now than a B4 FT though to be fair with the higher quality parts used in many areas of the car as outlined in this thread already......
Old 19-02-2010

I probably miss it but what does "EC" mean?

Nice kit by the way! Well done X-Factory

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Entire Car?