Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Healthy Stuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-01-2011
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple
Default *Stub Me Out* - Smoking Cessation with Brian Shardlow.

Around 21% of adults in Britain smoke, and I suspect that some of those access this forum (I don't have any such statistics to hand though, so this is merely guesswork). Anyway, just on the off chance that this is the case, I'm here to plant some smoking cessation seeds in your minds.

Statistically (can't remember where from, sorry) 74% of people who smoke want to quit.

Briefly, the health benefits from quitting start pretty much straight away. BP and pulse return to normal, circulation improves (this includes circulation to man pieces ), Oxygen levels return to normal.
And of course the result is you have more money to spend on racing, you smell nicer, and should be less likely to become stressed out and flap on the rostrum.

Quitting smoking also helps to 'break the cycle' and should help to reduce the number of young people taking up the habit.

Anyway, I don't for a moment doubt how difficult it must be to firstly make the decision to quit, and secondly to pursue it. I have a great admiration for anyone who tries, and especially who succeeds. One such quitter is our in-house Brian Shardlow, who has agreed to share his story with us and hopefully influence and advise any potential additions to the smoke-free club.

There are loads of resources out there and tons of support available to help people who wish to stop smoking.
Of course; http://smokefree.nhs.uk/

I'd suggest using this thread as a helpful community environment for support with your effort, but seeking professional help from your GP surgery is probably always the best start.

Good luck