Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 12-08-2015

Default Je Models.. Apex Models

So.. Je Models and Apex Models are now basically the same company... am I right ?... just with two web sites ?

Just noticed the shared website design etc and same address...

Can anyone confirm this ?

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 12-08-2015

Yes they are but if you're gonna order, order from the JE Models side as their orders take priority. When busy you can wait for a few days for the Apex stuff to be dispatched. JE Models is same day dispatch if ordered before 3PM.
Old 12-08-2015

if they have the stock they have been know to show items in stock they don't have
Old 12-08-2015
Mad Member

I would never order from either again they are so slow to deliver
Old 12-08-2015

Default JE Apex

When apex took over they didnt honour any refunds or deal with issues that JE had from before the takeover, customers were left dealing with manufacturers direct.
Unfortunately for some (not just me) durango changed ownership at the same time, left me £175 lighter! Avoid all three!!!!!
Old 12-08-2015

This is a bit of a shame yeah ... I've had many great orders from JE models in the past but have had issues with Apex .. .so when I noticed they were the same now I got concerned ....

I personally love to share the RC passion and the profit .. so when I save up enough I spread several orders over a number of retailers, it makes me feel good and I hope help all the retailers a little...

This month was several orders to Modelsport including an HPI Wheely King, a pre order (monster beetle) to Fusion hobbies, a spares order to Apex and a HPI Jumpshot from JE Models ... plus a few orders to Blacksmith on Ebay (They ROCK) and some misc orders from china ....

It's been a busy month with a few hundred pounds spent ... I now however learn that part of my spend might go somewhere im not sure of ... I'd much prefer that JE Models were NOT part of Apex to be honest. Don't wanna dis Apex ... but yeah, I've not had the best of times with them and now finding out JE is part of that... it concerns me ... A few years ago I wanted to promote and race Caster 10th buggies ... the only place to get them was Apex ... I ordered 2 chassis and ALL the spares but nothing ever turned up and I missed an entire season basically ... Caster had a team racer at the track I drove at and even he had issues as he had to go through Apex to... something to do with Answer RC, cant quite remember ... anyway ...

Nuff said... time to write to JE and ask why he's teamed up with Apex I guess ....

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 12-08-2015

Default Reasons

JE werent making a profit, were in financial trouble and apex bought the stock and the website.
Its the same shop now with two websites. I know its legal to do this, but its certainly misleading, and not a way i would run my business.
Im going to have a look on companies house and look at the directors and trading history of both companies, will let you know if i find anything interesting.
Old 12-08-2015

Thanks David...

I've traded more with JE in the past than Apex .. simply due to the poor service of Apex. Kinda understandable of them to 'buy' a more trusted name ... wished I'd known though, might have influenced my spending.

However ... if indeed JE models is now Apex I will happily support JE spares Via Apex to thank him for his past and continued service ... As long as JE customer service is up held I'll spend money there ...

I'd like to know though ... and not have two different but the same stores ...

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 12-08-2015

Default Apex

There is no je shop anymore bud, its all run from apex, from their shop.
Old 15-08-2015
Mad Member

For all those who seem to have missed it

Goodbye from JE Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137349

Announcement they were staying open under new management
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138498

When we realised what actually happened - only page 2 of the thread!
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...=138498&page=2
Old 18-08-2015

Cant recommend JE enough, the service is rapid unlike others I have tried

Schumacher/MuchMore/Orion/Sanwa
Old 18-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

Hi all,

Please see this thread to clarify the different ways that Apex and JE run http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165287

You have to go to page 3 to see my reply and the clarifications of a lot of the stated issues. Dynamight has it pretty much right in his post on this thread though and in a much less wordy way than I would use

discostu - Generally the JE side is very fast, although if you choose 2nd class post it can be slow - we've seen some poor delivery times with Royal Mail recently. I can't comment on the specifics of your orders as I haven't checked out what your real name is (there is no discostu on our order system oddly enough and Stu on its own will bring up a lot of results).

davidmog99 - Please can you tell me the issues about refunds and warranties that you are referring to? Was it something specific or one of those general vague accusations that seem to fly around on the internet?(a name would be useful so I can look up the details). We did try to help any existing JE customers who had an issue. We would have occasionally recommended sending a product back direct to the supplier if it was bought prior to the changeover although very often if a warranty item is sent back to us it is just forwarded to the supplier for testing anyway. I am very keen to hear the details of these refunds that we didn't honour.

Interested to know where you got the notion that the old JE "were in financial trouble". I can think of a few of places that a notion like that would come from and none of them are unbiased.

kaylon - I can't comment about the caster spares thing. That was before I joined Apex. Generally as per the previous comments - for priority orders use JE. For less important orders use Apex.

Best regards,

Dave
JE Models and Apex Models
Old 18-08-2015

Default JE Apex

Oh i can confirm its not a rumour flying around the internet.
I bought a durang rtr 210 as a christmas present, faulty electrics, both esc and either tx or rx, servo went up in smoke on first plug in. je couldnt find a record of the purchase (its on my credit card!!!!), and decided it was a durango issue. They were just as wank to deal with, promised a replacement, never arrived. They also were being taken over at the time.
I dont actually like running people down but two companies are still trading and owe me £165.
Its a shjt way to treat a customer.
Bought a zx5 from steve webb models to replace it with ( this was a friends sons christmas present by the way), great company to deal with.
Old 18-08-2015

Default JE Apex

Do you need any more details?
I can find the date of purchase if you like?
Perhaps you could send a replacement? Or credit note even? I sent all the electrics to durango as requested with no response for months. Gave up in the end.
Please dont imply anything i have said isnt true, its insulting.
You were both terrible companies to deal with, and this is a public forum.
Old 18-08-2015

Quite frankly Davemog99 you are coming across as a bit of a plum to be fair. Dave@je appears to be wanting to find out some details in an attempt to help out, you on the other hand are not taking the olive branch but appear to want to cut up said branch and burn it.

Rather than slate the new owners, pm him some details that he may be able to chase.

You also "gave up" with Durango even though they actually have your electrics. I would also continue to peruse this as this should be replaced by Durango.

Question. Durango have your electrics, who has the rest of the car and parts etc?
Old 18-08-2015

Default Apex

I am a plum yes. I lost £165 pounds.
Old 19-08-2015
Mad Member

A plum who was unable to provide an order number IIRC.

Still doesn't excuse the run around that you got from TD/Apex/JE.
Old 19-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
je couldnt find a record of the purchase (its on my credit card!!!!)
Hi again,

I was in no way trying to imply that what you were saying wasn't true. I was asking for details as there are always random, vague accusations out there and different interpretations of an issue and with no details other than an Oople username I had no way of knowing if you were referring to something specific.

If the purchase wasn't on the order system that was transferred from the old JE to the new owners then we would have been a bit hamstrung there. We have records of the old JE sales, so I'm surprised that we couldn't find yours.

Admittedly we would have directed you to Durango for a warranty issue on a car purchased before the changeover, but we would always have been happy to help intervene with the distributor if you weren't getting an acceptable response.

So that I can try and help you with this please can you let me know...

1/ When did you send the electronics to Durango?

2/ Exactly which components you sent to them.

3/ When did you purchase the car (what month/year)?

4/ Do you have a tracking number (not essential, but useful)?

5/ Your name, address and contact phone number - you can email us direct at sales@jemodels.com with these details so that you don;t have to publish them on the internet.

If you can let me know those details then I will happily speak to Durango/Revell on your behalf and see what we can find out and get sorted for you.

Best regards,

Dave
JE Models
Old 19-08-2015

Sounds like one JE are still willing to help you, hope you get it sorted. Don't forget to leave some positive comments if they manage to sort it out for you.
Old 19-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
Do you need any more details?
I can find the date of purchase if you like?
Perhaps you could send a replacement? Or credit note even? I sent all the electrics to durango as requested with no response for months. Gave up in the end.
Please dont imply anything i have said isnt true, its insulting.
You were both terrible companies to deal with, and this is a public forum.
I'd suggest supplying more information David - you've been quite scathing in your posts in my opinion and yet the details supplied are scarce. It seems to me that JE's post is quite actionable i.e. answer some questions and then take it from there. They seem keen to assist, can't comment on Durango, but I'm sure you've put an equally scathing attack on Durango on their forum?

I've had a look here http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80 and couldn't see one but that was only the first page I looked at.

The idea of losing £165 is daunting however I'm sure a little further communication can resolve it.

And is this anything to do with me? No. But as you say, it is a public forum. Work with them rather than against them is my advice and I'm sure you'll see a quicker recovery from the situation.
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc