Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 25-04-2017

Default Yz2 waterfall

I' m running an original 4 gear car and looking for a bit more rear traction on low grip sandy Astro. I've removed the motor plate support bracket but what about cutting the waterfall. I see the latest pics show cars with just the centre bar even on high grip Astro.
Old 25-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooldskool View Post
I' m running an original 4 gear car and looking for a bit more rear traction on low grip sandy Astro. I've removed the motor plate support bracket but what about cutting the waterfall. I see the latest pics show cars with just the centre bar even on high grip Astro.
Run 3.5deg rear toe, or possibly 4 degrees if you have an extra set of <2H4 inserts for the front hanger. use some weight under the gearbox, between the FR hanger and the motor. This is ideal: Z2-BWR30 - https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/spares/y...lance-weight-p

Remove any front weight. And run a ball diff.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 25-04-2017

Done all that but what about waterfall
Old 25-04-2017

waterfall easy mod and benifits from it but the turnbuckle to battery strap lots better for me mlrc i think makes it
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 25-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooldskool View Post
Done all that but what about waterfall
I didn't mention it as I don't think changing it will directly affect or increase your rear traction on sandy astro.

Cutting the waterfall is to give more flex in the car in that area, which makes it easier to drive in high grip conditions. Allowing the chassis to flex will take the edginess off when the traction is high, which in turn makes it less likely to grip roll when being pushed hard.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------