Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 08-05-2014

Default More racing please

Hi,

I really enjoyed the new track on Sunday so good job guys. I'm hoping to race with you all some more and to that end I questioned why you don't run weekly? The answer is simple, you don't have enough people willing to run race control. Fair enough.

But, what about racing mid week. Nothing heroic, maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday when we know its going to be good weather, just a spot of practice, 2 rounds and a final. If racing started at 7.15pm or soon after we'd be done and away by 9.30pm.

Charge maybe 3 or 4 quid I'm sure you'd get 15 - 20 people coming.

Its just a thought but seems a shame not to be doing more racing now the clubs got such a great track.

What do others think?
Old 08-05-2014
Mad Member

Think we're concentrating on getting running weekly before we venture into midweek racing. The sooner we have more people trained up the sooner we can run weekly, so any members want to step up and learn then let us the committee know
Gav
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 08-05-2014

I'll second that idea. Midweek racing would be brill. I'd be there most weeks for sure. I don't see why you can't put the computer on automatic. I'd be prepared to help out for a while running race control if it meant midweek racing. We all need as much practice as pos and once a week on sundays for me is not as much as I'd like. I think you'd drag people from far and wide cos there literally is no alternative outdoor midweek racing on. You could even floodlight the track and run deeper into the season. I think the new bury track has reignited people's passion for racing in that area and it is a crime to underuse the track simply due to no one being available to do race control. Pay someone, run on auto, count yr own laps on yr fingers n toes! Anything - lets get the Bury venue back where it should be. One of the best meetings to be had in England.
Old 08-05-2014
Mad Member

The committee will talk about it if the interest is there. To be honest we're waiting for srcc's regional to get done and we'll see the true interest in the new track I know there's a lot of people who are intending to come down once the national and regional at Srcc are out of the way (which is understandable)
I too want this club back where it was but all I'm saying is walk before we can run, let's try and get weekly meetings buzzing first and then if the demand is there we could look at midweek meetings.
Mark if you want to come forward and help us, next time you're at a meeting pull myself and Darren ect to one side and we'll talk about it. I know you've got experience running meetings with croston so the more race controllers we have to set up and booking ect the better
Gav
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 08-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We've got floodlights but I'd rather not set them up whilst we are still on genny power. Proper power to race control is needed for that.
However
In summer I could do midweek during the six week hols so it's worth considering.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-05-2014

Midweek would be good for me

(I used all my holidays at work so my weekends are tied up)

Be sure to post if you decide to go through with it as i'll be there!
Old 08-05-2014

Why not assemble in principle now any names that are seriously interested and see how many you get and go from there. Maybe address the question of what night would be best. I'd like Wednesday nights.
So that makes at least 3 of us so who else? I'll start a list..

1. Andy Cottom
2. Mark Smith
3. Joshy
4. ?
Old 08-05-2014
Mad Member

I'll start a new thread
G Paint
Answer RC