Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 21-08-2015

Cheers Stuart I run mostly at Hinckley rccc on a Saturday but also go to Tamworth, Chesterfield and Broxton when I can.
Zen rxgt12
Kyosho zx6.6
Old 21-08-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucartwright View Post
Mark, I've done plenty of Track days thanks... Just to be official, and if you hadn't noticed, I don't wish to converse with you on any forum going forwards. Thanks.
Maybe you're different in person, in which case when I meet you at a national maybe that will change.
Best Wishes
Stuart.
BIG clue here.... Public forum, and I will reply all I like, if you want to be petty, carry on.
Old 21-08-2015

Nothing was mentioned about you not being able to comment or reply on this public forum, you are very welcome to be included in this thread.

I merely made you aware I do not wish to converse (definition "engage in conversation with") with you, due to the comment you just made I have giving you the dictionary meaning of the word as you obviously didn't know...

For those following this thread, apologies you've had to read this portion of an otherwise very interesting read!

Happy weekend all.

Best Wishes
Stu
Old 21-08-2015
Mad Member

Hi Stu,

It's each to their own when it comes to driving style. Recent experience is that those coming from TC tend to brake more than those that come from other classes. Your style is fairly common and as you saw, fast!

Don't sweat it too much. Try not to think about what you are doing and keep the car speed up and tight to the corners. The minute you start thinking about what you are doing and try to adjust it, you'll slow down. Get the muscle memory into your brain by nailing the style you like at a slightly slower speed that gives you time to react. After a while, increase the speed and you'll find you can drive fast without consciously thinking about what your doing - like breathing really!

Once you've nailed your style, now set the car up to maximise the corner speed. Set up is personal so don't be psyched out by someone else's set up. Blindly following another set up usually leads to a dead end. If you find someone who drives like you do, then there's a sense in working together on set ups. Try to know what things do to the car, and then harness that to your style. Copying set ups blindly is a mugs game.

Great to see you are enjoying the class so much - keep up the good work!
Old 21-08-2015

Top notch advice Slowone! Will endeavour to keep learning and most of all, keep enjoying....
Old 21-08-2015

Wow, what an epic read this is...took me all of 3 hrs & umpteen brew/fag breaks before i got to the end

Wasn't too interested in GT12 at the start, but certainly am now

Thanks to all involved
Old 21-08-2015

Dave G.. What a lovely thing to say, and welcome!!

Where are you based? Don't waste a minute...

Its as infectious and adrenaline rushed hobby as you'll find for a £5 a night... (Plus Tyre stock and all the other temptations a nights racing can keep you from...!!)
Old 21-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucartwright View Post
Nothing was mentioned about you not being able to comment or reply on this public forum, you are very welcome to be included in this thread.

I merely made you aware I do not wish to converse (definition "engage in conversation with") with you, due to the comment you just made I have giving you the dictionary meaning of the word as you obviously didn't know...

For those following this thread, apologies you've had to read this portion of an otherwise very interesting read!

Happy weekend all.

Best Wishes
Stu
You have no say what so ever on who comments or is welcome in this thread.....
Old 22-08-2015

I think everyone reading this thread knows what I'm getting at... Clearly shows the intelligence of the man... This is not what I signed up to when I got into this great hobby; especially from a individual representing the BRCA.

Ridiculous...
Old 22-08-2015

Guys,
Clearly Stu & Mark are never going to agree well that's life!! Each is entitled to his own opinion I may not agree but I will defend their right to say it especially on a public forum.
Please can we park the sharp comments and get back to what this thread does best, providing valuable info and insight into GT12

Keith
Old 22-08-2015

Spot on Bosscat, life is too short for petty squabbles, keep this forum technical, not personal, we have a great hobby that builds competitive friendship, lets keep it so, enough said now!
Old 22-08-2015

I have all ways and will all ways say it as it is. If I see a newbie spending money to go fast, I'll point out the need to concentrate more on set up and driving, and if they take huff, that is their problem, been in this game far to long to beat about the Bush.
Even more so when it's pointed out 400 posts later.

Last edited by mark christopher; 22-08-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 22-08-2015

Default gt help

I been reading this thread since I joined oople not got a gt12 as of yet im back off road racing. gt12 is something I looking to but for now off road is my main passion and the last few posts about peoples thoughts and ideas on how to get the best out seems to have sparked a hand bag war at ten paces something I have learned along the way is listen to peoples advice and take the parts that are pertinant to what you want to achieve with that advice remember someones advice on how to do something may not always give the results as everyone drives different and is different
Old 23-08-2015

Its safe to say, my enthusiasm for this thread has been lost; hoping it will come back.

It is clear, my new adopted driving style as described is proving very fruitful.

Over and out.
Stu
Old 24-08-2015

No report on your trip to West Kent then Stu? That my friend is huge shame there are many on here looking forward to your report, especially concerning the new driving style.
Surely we can tempt you back?
Old 25-08-2015

As admin I have deleted the last three posts, this is about gt12 and is not a place to discuss/debate personal issues, from this post on please keep it on topic.
Old 25-08-2015
Mad Member

Please guys, we don't all have to agree on everything. I think we all know how Mark approaches things so I've it all the weight you like between zero and a lot - that's your own decision.

Mark, just because you have suddenly become an admin please consider other people's feelings. Saying it like it is will only get you so far and can be inconsiderate and not in the best interests of the sport or the forum. None of us are omnipotent; every day is a school day.

If you really are doing this for Jimmy, then do it for Jimmy and try to see that keeping the forum together was more important to him than any of our individual filters or approaches to life. It would be a bit of an own goal if you first act as Admin was to effectively close this thread down!

Come on Mark, I know you are much better than your keyboard says you are. Help us out here and back off a little... please.
Old 25-08-2015

Has anyone had issues using the Fastrax 1/12th arbor of JFT wheels? I'm finding the pin that goes through one of the wheels three bolt holes is too long, the half you screw on by hand bottoms out on the pin and thus I can't tighten the wheel correctly.
Do people use spacers or cut the pin short?
Old 25-08-2015

Hi Badger,

Personally i cut my pin off, but you can shorten it choice is yours.

As i say i cut mine off and use the jft spider thingy for turing tyres, i got the longer one of the two cos there is plenty of thread on the aubour ( i think it does the 12th scale wheels that have a deeper offset, but does both if you deside to expand into 12th scale).

HTH's

Shiny.
Old 26-08-2015

Thanks for the reply Shinytopman, would be nice for shops to mention this. I will try and pull the pin out. I've ordered the 12mm spacer now so should be good.

I guess you race at Maritime? Had an brilliant time there with the endurance event earlier this year, that track is awesome. Pity we couldn't commit to the proposed rerun in August but everyone was on holiday or just couldn't make it. If Maritime do run a second event like this may even try and get two teams from Torch!