Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 14-10-2015

Are you sure the o-ring isn't stuck inside something else? Never had anything missing in any Xray kit. The servo mount won't tweak the chassis under full strain. Not really as necessary on a buggy as it is on a touring car, but I guess every little thing helps
Old 14-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
Are you sure the o-ring isn't stuck inside something else? Never had anything missing in any Xray kit. The servo mount won't tweak the chassis under full strain. Not really as necessary on a buggy as it is on a touring car, but I guess every little thing helps
I just double checked my pit bench, empty bag, tray etc. and it's definitely not there. It's very irritating, I just want to get it finished and a very small rubber o-ring is stopping me from doing so. I seem to be unlucky as last time (2015 kit) I had 2 front top decks and a missing rear one in the kit.

I assembled the rear diff with metal satellite gears I bought but never used. The composite ones with the kit have never given me a problem but thought I'd use them anyway on this new kit.

Love the fact the bushings are now pre-installed in the diff gears, they were a pain to get in before.

Simon
Old 14-10-2015

If there's anything missing, Xray make a point of putting the person's name that packed each bag on a little slip of card in every bag. They ask you to contact them quoting the name of the packer, so I'm sure if you did contact them they'd sort you out. Try RCDisco too, I'm sure Greg will be able to sort you out an o-ring.
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
I did just try but it keeps saying failed - from iPhone, resolution too large?

Anyway; all my alloy hop ups it, which is great news!

12 deg front uprights, alloy steering rack, one piece servo mount, centre diff, centre diff mount and alloy rear hubs. Just waiting for new carbon top decks and graphite wishbones... Hurry hurry Xray!!!
Thanks, looks sexy

It looks like you have the (#361178) GRAPHITE REAR CHASSIS BRACE UPPER DECK 2.0MM, were did you get that?

mine is all most the same (when i get the kit and parts) just Alu Drive Shaft Safety Collar Orange will be different i think

Last edited by dMITIj; 15-10-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
Thanks, looks sexy

It looks like you have the (#361178) GRAPHITE REAR CHASSIS BRACE UPPER DECK 2.0MM, were did you get that?

mine is all most the same (when i get the kit and parts) just Alu Drive Shaft Safety Collar Orange will be different i think
That is the old '15 shorter brace, not the new '16 brace

Bent
Old 15-10-2015
No trade access

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
That is the old '15 shorter brace, not the new '16 brace

Bent
Sorry to bother Bent, I just received my 2016 and wonder if a low profile servo is the way to go for the 2016 layout as all the pictures I've seen show such servo used.
I was about to use a full size one for reliability, especially for 4wd but I can find a low profile if needed.
Thanks for your help.
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Sorry to bother Bent, I just received my 2016 and wonder if a low profile servo is the way to go for the 2016 layout as all the pictures I've seen show such servo used.
I was about to use a full size one for reliability, especially for 4wd but I can find a low profile if needed.
Thanks for your help.
We always use standard size servo for both 2WD and 4WD

Low profile we only use for 1/10 TC.

Bent
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Thanks for your help.

I got an low profile servo thats more than strong enough for 1/10 4wd:

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-4-8-6-0v.html
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
Thanks, looks sexy

Off the old car, it seems to be shorter than the new version, I just added it cos I'm running at Silverstone on high grip. Read somewhere that there are no top decks as options. Hopefully a thicker chassis then, as there's still quite a bit of flex and the grip at Silverstone is really high!
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
Off the old car, it seems to be shorter than the new version, I just added it cos I'm running at Silverstone on high grip. Read somewhere that there are no top decks as options. Hopefully a thicker chassis then, as there's still quite a bit of flex and the grip at Silverstone is really high!
'16 brace is longer.

There's no top decks and no thicker chassis.

Just ran the Worlds with just the rear carbon brace and no front 2mm X-brace, just the steering brace for added flex.

Car was perfect on a really high grip track

Setup is on Malin's Facebook page.

Bent
Old 15-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
'16 brace is longer.

There's no top decks and no thicker chassis.

Just ran the Worlds with just the rear carbon brace and no front 2mm X-brace, just the steering brace for added flex.

Car was perfect on a really high grip track

Setup is on Malin's Facebook page.

Bent

Interesting how you are running the sway bar front and rear also and quite thick at 1.8mm. Does the lack of top deck take away the steering on the '16? Some people have said the XB4 is very twitchy - I have to say I love it with loads of steering.

I also noticed diff oil is quite thick for increased grip too. I am running kit setup 8000 front and rear and run mostly on high-grip astro tracks.

Last edited by simonrhart; 15-10-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 17-10-2015

never mind

Last edited by dMITIj; 17-10-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 17-10-2015

Quote:
I got an low profile servo thats more than strong enough for 1/10 4wd:

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-4-8-6-0v.html
I would just check the car weight balance with a low - profile servo. The XB4 is already been very slightly heavier at the back of the car, hence with the '16 the motor can be moved forward slightly (default). Using a lower profile servo will not solve this balance as much as a full size servo, but if you have some scales try weighing your car.
Old 17-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrhart View Post
I would just check the car weight balance with a low - profile servo. The XB4 is already been very slightly heavier at the back of the car, hence with the '16 the motor can be moved forward slightly (default). Using a lower profile servo will not solve this balance as much as a full size servo, but if you have some scales try weighing your car.
as you can see in the pic Bruno have like 30g in the back, so maybe that will make the car more balance with the low profile servo only time will tell :-)
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/09/u...-bruno-coelho/

Last edited by dMITIj; 17-10-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 17-10-2015

Quote:
as you can see in the pic Bruno have like 30g in the back, so maybe that will make the car more balance with the low profile servo only time will tell :-)
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/09/u...-bruno-coelho/
Interesting why all that weight at the back of the car, surely that will make it really unbalanced.

I have noticed the team drivers at the worlds also running really stiff front sway bars - I assume to remove some of the steering.
Old 17-10-2015

Quote:
If there's anything missing, Xray make a point of putting the person's name that packed each bag on a little slip of card in every bag. They ask you to contact them quoting the name of the packer, so I'm sure if you did contact them they'd sort you out. Try RCDisco too, I'm sure Greg will be able to sort you out an o-ring.
Hats off to Greg and MB models for getting an O ring to me super quick so I can carry on with the build.
Old 17-10-2015

Quote:
Hats off to Greg and MB models for getting an O ring to me super quick so I can carry on with the build.
do you got the scales to trid out the balance?
Old 17-10-2015

Quote:
Interesting why all that weight at the back of the car, surely that will make it really unbalanced.

I have noticed the team drivers at the worlds also running really stiff front sway bars - I assume to remove some of the steering.
do you got the scales to trid out the balance?
Old 18-10-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll put mine on the scales with standard servo and 20gms +fan in the rear.
I was missing a rear body post. Got an extra battery post in its place.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 18-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
I'll put mine on the scales with standard servo and 20gms +fan in the rear.
I was missing a rear body post. Got an extra battery post in its place.

im waiting for some optionparts (two weeks out) before i can get the kit finish as i would like it to be.
so its like 2 weeks before i get the last bits and bobs and i have yet to decided if i should start ore just wait