Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 19-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just for those that are convinced Ledbury is permanently underwater I can assure you there has been no rain locally.
See you all for a great meeting
Old 20-05-2012
Mad Member

...and then there was silence...
Old 20-05-2012

Well i have to say i really enjoyed the track, but i can see how it may not be to everyones tastes.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 20-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

right or wrong here I go!

I know a lot of hard work has been put into the track, but for me the total extreme adverse camber on a couple of the corners just did not do it for me. I think for 4wd it would have been better if the corner had of been flat which could have been achieved, the rest of the track is bumpy well I can deal with that its off road!

However I ran 2wd for Rnd 4 and the Final and it ran so much better on the layout and extreme adverse camber corners!

just my thoughts right or wrong!
Old 21-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jason,

thanks for the feedback. Using the features to create the adverse camber sections was my idea and I agree after racing on the track I wouldn't be including them again!

That layout was originally conceived for the rained of 2wd event and we had some good feedback from those that braved the track after the event was called off so thought we'd run with it again ... seems that we've learned something there!!!
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Default Ledbury

Again from my opinion:

Fundermentals were not very good - astro too ripply so suspension worked ovetime, cars bottomed out - track too hard to drive heard a few people say that it was done to catch people out not to enjoy the day (we have various skill levels but the track need to compensate for all levels). Nothing wrong with the features as thay were do-able, just a little more care and attention as i think this was a 1/8th track not a 1/10th. I also know the my car was better than I am as Tom prioved that - Sorry Lakey!!!

All i want is a track that is rewarding and you can improve your time on.

Rant over!

Looking forward to Kiddy - still simply the best although good comments coming out for telford - good look Bish, Andy Mountford, Dan etc

J
Old 21-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks to all those that have taken the time to send me mails with their comments. ALL were constructive and balanced and I will be passing these on to Nathan and Ray this week.

I am more than happy to put my hand up and say that the layout features which some people had concerns over where predominately of my doing ... sorry folks, won't happen again!
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Roger it's not a case of sorry it won't happen again, as thats not the case.

Yes the track was tricky to get right for 5 minutes, but the concept of the layout was very good and had real potential, my main points would be.
  1. Marshalling points not well thought out as there were not 10 car heats and you had 2 people covering nearly half the track to the right
  2. the section coming onto the straight wasn't quite a cars width
  3. When asking for nails to peg some of the astro down, it was met with some resistance
I was one of the first to criticise the 2wd meeting, but was pleasantly suprised yesterday, and is a vast improvment over the grass track.

Please don't take this as a dig as it's not intended that way.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Overall I did enjoy the day - even though I got nailed in the final and had to fight from the back to get up to third and then to bin it 1m from the loop and come 4th.

I came to love certain parts of the track, especially the left side... but the tabletop and the top right hand corner... forget it.. that was far too narrow and too random.

My only other concern was the toilet. That has to be sorted before the reserve date in the heat of summer!
Old 22-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
Roger it's not a case of sorry it won't happen again, as thats not the case.

Yes the track was tricky to get right for 5 minutes, but the concept of the layout was very good and had real potential, my main points would be.
  1. Marshalling points not well thought out as there were not 10 car heats and you had 2 people covering nearly half the track to the right
  2. the section coming onto the straight wasn't quite a cars width
  3. When asking for nails to peg some of the astro down, it was met with some resistance
I was one of the first to criticise the 2wd meeting, but was pleasantly suprised yesterday, and is a vast improvment over the grass track.

Please don't take this as a dig as it's not intended that way.
All duely noted Brian. The marshal point positions were indeed planned for 9 car heats (10th was a bit of a left over). I moved the points to what I thought covered the track best with just 7 drivers per heat but yes, the track was a bit too big to be covered by 7 points alone.

I'm not sure which part your refering to with the width, please let me know exactly. I went around the track with a tape measure to make sure it was all between 2.5 and 3.25m at the narrowest points ... I think I must be misunderstanding what you mean.

There should have been a bucket of pegs in the caravan that could have been used ... I will speak to Ray about that.

Not taken as a dig in any way, all very constructive mate .... the more we understand the better!
Old 22-05-2012

Being a novice and only coming 2nd in the E final, i enjoyed myself very much, i loved the track, it challenged me and i laughed my head off. well done Ledbury model car club, i loved it.
Old 22-05-2012

Ha ha ha Jamie Banks.........

Your english is horrendous

Can't wait to see you and take this p1ss, oh and have you upgraded our hotel yet. I want a swimming pool and AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
Again from my opinion:

Fundermentals were not very good - astro too ripply so suspension worked ovetime, cars bottomed out - track too hard to drive heard a few people say that it was done to catch people out not to enjoy the day (we have various skill levels but the track need to compensate for all levels). Nothing wrong with the features as thay were do-able, just a little more care and attention as i think this was a 1/8th track not a 1/10th. I also know the my car was better than I am as Tom prioved that - Sorry Lakey!!!

All i want is a track that is rewarding and you can improve your time on.

Rant over!

Looking forward to Kiddy - still simply the best although good comments coming out for telford - good look Bish, Andy Mountford, Dan etc

J
Old 22-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
All duely noted Brian. The marshal point positions were indeed planned for 9 car heats (10th was a bit of a left over). I moved the points to what I thought covered the track best with just 7 drivers per heat but yes, the track was a bit too big to be covered by 7 points alone.

I'm not sure which part your refering to with the width, please let me know exactly. I went around the track with a tape measure to make sure it was all between 2.5 and 3.25m at the narrowest points ... I think I must be misunderstanding what you mean.

There should have been a bucket of pegs in the caravan that could have been used ... I will speak to Ray about that.

Not taken as a dig in any way, all very constructive mate .... the more we understand the better!
It was the section after the table top to the right of the track, i'm sure the overall track width was fine, but it was the right turn after the table top that was narrow (if you weren't touching the track marking you were on your way down the little slope by point 7)

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 24-05-2012

Default the track

As it was my first time off road in about 16 year the track was challenging, but I really enjoyed it, my only comment would be the width of the track to where we where stud on the podium, especially in relation to the jump on the far left. Other wise I thought it was great thanks Ledbury

And thanks jay the final was very enjoyable