Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 29-05-2015

Default Latest Team Durango Announcement

After the concerns regarding Team Durango stock avalibility in the UK please find attached the latest press release direct from TDHQ.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201.../?fb_ref=AL2FB

Spares can be checked for avalibiltiy from the EU warehouse via the Team Durango website : http://www.team-durango.com/parts.php

Any spares that the offical dealers dont have in stock and are instock at the EU warehouse will normally be delivered to the dealer within 48 hours of placing the order.

To find a offical dealer look here : http://www.team-durango.com/where-to-buy.php

Old 29-05-2015

So if our local model shop is out of stock of an item we have to ask them to place an order directly on the European warehouse?

Yeah, like they are gonna do that!??!

Toby

http://www.torchracing.co.uk/
Old 29-05-2015

Sounds fine too me....so assuming it's so simple, why are mb models and inside line racing ( who are widely regarded as being superb model shops ) dropping the durango gear due to lack of decent service.?
Old 29-05-2015

I've just bought a Durango and now feel screwed, it makes it worthless too, since the lack of support for spares.
I hope a model shop can say they will continue to support the Durango for spares, or Durango get onto Mb models and get them supported ASAP.
😔.
Old 29-05-2015

Default stock

It not about the stock it about the ability of shops that we all source durango parts from getting frustrated at the poor service they receive from the distributor and its funny how you cannot comment on there latest post locked it down. inside racing mb stopping stocking durango parts one due to the drop of but the other which I regulary buy parts from due to the poor service they receiving from the distributor which when it boils down to it are a plastic model kit supplier in essence. I know companies have the right to expand into other areas but if they do at least have the ability to service the current customers and deal with problems quickly so we dont have shops and at the end of the day end users I.E me and every other durango customer paying the price for now having to source our parts from shops that we have to pay shipping costs on instead of being able to buy from shops that once stocked the parts but have given up due to problems and bad service.
Old 29-05-2015

Unhappy

Here here
Durango certainly know how to shoot themselves in the foot , don't they!!!
Old 29-05-2015

hi,
we have been racing and supporting the durango 410 for some 4 years now, on the racing front we run a 4 car team(soon to be 5) with great success, nat A finals this year, we will be carrying on as i see no change for the rest of this year at least, the spares have always been difficult to get but they are out there, if any body has problems please get in touch as we will be racing durango this year
xtreme
Old 29-05-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's clear to me that revell/hobbico want to p##s off the good UK model shops that helped build up and sell the TD brand, and sell directly to their part starved customers via a website, shipping direcly from their german warehouse. Effectively killing off their channel partners, and taking all margins for themselves. It's a bit of a crappy business model, only the parent company will win. Customers will loose out, and UK model shops cut out. Rubbish.

Edit. If i was a TD racer now, I'd be replacing key parts with off-brand parts, exotek, rdrp, etc, where possible to keep you running, and stocking up on key parts direct from discounted uk stock rather than trying to buy direct from hobbico/revell. Leave those on their German warehouse shelves.

Team Durango - Not Serious About Racing!
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 29-05-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old 30-05-2015

Default so called stockists of durango parts

has anyone taken the time to actually go through the list of suppliers that are on the durango website for the uk I did found 2 shops stocking minimum parts for the durangos mainly parts for the 210 and 410 but when it comes to 210 v2 very few parts stocked if any at all so you break something on a weekend order on say a sunday your order not going to be processed till monday so hopefully by wednesday your parts be in the shop if revell do there job like everyone says 48 hours should be in shop. then the shop has to unpack and allocate stock so that be probably thursday before your order is shipped so you might get them by saturday how is this acceptable as a supplier?
would be just short of a week before your parts are on your door step so that would mean if you wanting to race on a saturday during the day of fixing and setting up car at the track and hoping you get the set up right depending on which part/s you broke .
Old 30-05-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post

Team Durango - Not Serious About Racing!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 17-06-2015

Quick question, anyone know or found a shop supply DETC410 spares yet ?
Old 17-06-2015

Default parts

gl try looking at there distributer list and fish through it to find a shop worldwide they may have pulled a white rabbit out of the hat and updated ther distributor lists
Old 17-06-2015
oOple Advertiser

We (MB Models) still have lots of DETC410 spares in stock and a few kits we have split so we may have the parts you need, just email your requirements mbmodels at btconnect dot com

Thanks
MB