Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 05-03-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Oi!

You're right though, i did a few. Was a combination of things, the motor clamp in the car at that time wasn't quite as it should have been!! i.e it had been hand modified!! once we put a proper one in it, problem gone. In fact i'm not sure i did any after that.

Also, a lot of the gears we had at that time were a little suspect - because they were samples.

Conclusion -everything as it should be, and no problems!!!

But if you really want to put B4 gears on it, yes you need to use B4 pads - and b e very good at opening the hole up centrally.
Old 05-03-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
But are the schumacher spur gears expensive?

X-Factory XF5506 111 tooth spur gear - black (X5) £13.95

Do the math..
Yes they are Ben so are ours even more so, but I dont see a thread around about poeple stripping our spurs at present...........

One gear, not stripped, race finished - £13.95.......

One gear £7.99, stripped, didnt finish race, second gear another £7.99 = £15.98 plus one race not finished...

Now Do The Math Benjamin ....... LOL
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-03-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Dear they may be Ben, but I dont see a thread around about poeple stripping our spurs at present...........
Dear Dms racing,

still nearlly twice the price though Maybe i could start a thread?

Regards,

they may be ben
Old 05-03-2009

Send a message via ICQ to ThePromise
Default No need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Oi!

You're right though, i did a few. Was a combination of things, the motor clamp in the car at that time wasn't quite as it should have been!! i.e it had been hand modified!! once we put a proper one in it, problem gone. In fact i'm not sure i did any after that.

Also, a lot of the gears we had at that time were a little suspect - because they were samples.

Conclusion -everything as it should be, and no problems!!!

But if you really want to put B4 gears on it, yes you need to use B4 pads - and b e very good at opening the hole up centrally.
Hello,

there's no need to use the B4 pads. The original pads work well with the Associated spurs.

Best, Chris
Old 05-03-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yes and No, Yes they will fit, No they won't work properly!!

Because they are effectively "smaller" i would be very surprised if they don't move around on the spur gear and cause some very strange slipper action. Maybe i'm wrong, but i wouldn't (and didn't when i ran AE spurs) run them personally.
Old 06-03-2009

Send a message via ICQ to ThePromise
Default ...for a while...

I've been running the original pads with AE spurs ever since I got the car, never had any probs...
Old 07-03-2009

I have been using the original spur gear since getting the car, no prolems at all....

Bit like the discussion on here with regards to the bands on the wing, first one snapped last week.... after running the car for X months?? Don't see a problem with either.

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits
Old 23-08-2009

Time to resurrect an old thread... ran my new Cat S1 at the track for the first time today, and stripped the teeth off my spur after 2 laps at speed...bits of plastic shavings all over the inside, and the pinion eventually spinning freely

I have a spare schumacher spur (as I'd read this thread before!) so would prefer to get it right with that one rather than reaming an AE one...

As the S1 comes pre-built, I would have assumed the slipper would have been ok, or is that not the case? I'm pretty sure the motor was nice and tightly in position too.

Does all of this mean I just need to get the pinion meshed into the spur more? I have it 'semi-meshed' with my Losi, but I saw that someone had suggested getting it 'unusually' close with the Cat. Otherwise do I need to be tightening or loosening the slipper?

Help?!
Novak, Trakpower, Orion, LRP, Speedpassion
Jon Miller - RC Shellz
Eden Park Raceway
Old 23-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Wont be an issue with the slipper i wouldnt of thought. Would check that the motor is square in the clamp - if its slightly off centre it can cause the spur gear to slip. As for meshing, it doesnt really need to be too tight. I mesh it fractionally tighter than my b4, but not much.

If you continue to strip spurs, check the bearings on the layshaft. If these fail it can cause the spurs to go.

Si
Old 26-08-2009

Just to clarify - when people have been complaining about stripping spur gears in this thread, do they mean the teeth, or the damaging the middle of the spur and causing it to move (i.e. due to slipper problems)?

Doesn't look like I have a problem where the spur attaches as I'm pretty sure its sitting in the right place still - will check tonight. If the spur is definitely firmly in place, does that mean it can only be a wonky motor as Mossy suggests or could anything else cause it??
Novak, Trakpower, Orion, LRP, Speedpassion
Jon Miller - RC Shellz
Eden Park Raceway
Old 26-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

From my experience it was due to the slipper incorrectly being set, heating up and deforming the centre of the spur which then ment the spur become unmeshed
Old 26-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I heard RW Racing were doing SX spurs. Might be worth giving Neil a shout?