Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 30-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Stoke/Stafford Clubs

What's the current rules at these two clubs around touring cars, in terms of:

1. Motor limits
2. Banning timing advance esc's
3. Tires

Also, how many run at them and are there any series etc going on at them at the mo?

Thinking of trying a 416!
Old 19-01-2010

At Stafford, we run 19 and 27 turn stock. Don't think there's any rules with regards to timing, but don't think it's recomended. Tyres, rubbers.

Stoke - not been for a while, but I got the feeling it was run whatya brung.
Old 19-01-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

19 and 27? Brushed?
Old 19-01-2010

Sorry, that's me thinking in old speak, 19/10.5 and 27/13.5 at stafford. At stoke, I ran a 19t checkpoint against other people who we're running fully modified, and still ended up beating a lot of them in my heat.
Old 19-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Dave - Stoke is touring cars, 10.5 rubber but to be fair they arent too restrictive on what you run.

Si
Old 31-01-2010

Stoke is very quiet i believe.. mainly because it's stupidly expensive to race there, among other reasons i could but won't go into (seeing as the club Chairman's son has replied & this isn't the place)

to be honest i've found the most successful club in the area (although it's more outside the area) is just up the road in Crewe, they do 10th, 12th, Tamiya mini's & Mardave's but pretty much let you run anything so long as it's not a buggy - F1's & drifters have also been allowed on the track. No limits on motors or tyres etc & it's only £3 a night, plus a few national drivers race there so help is always on hand.

there is also the Orchard circuit in the area, but they are aimed more for your TT-01 type drivers because the circuit wouldn't suit a high-end touring car... although i have a lot of fun racing there with an £100 RTR.
Old 01-02-2010

Nothing to stop you running a buggy at Crewe. I sometimes run my 1:18 shark in with the touring cars
Another option is my most local club, 'Cheshire Cat Car Club' in Congleton. Similar mix of abilities as Crewe, but not as big of a club to be honest.
Old 01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwain View Post
Nothing to stop you running a buggy at Crewe.
Yes, i forgot to say Micro's i meant buggies as in 10th/8th scale... but i suppose if 5 or 6 people turned up one night with 10th buggies & wanted to race them it may mean they put on a heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwain View Post
I sometimes run my 1:18 shark in with the touring cars
when you don't rip the chassis in half on it that is!!

Did you source a new chassis or have you gone back to the standard length chassis?
Old 01-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
Stoke is very quiet i believe.. mainly because it's stupidly expensive to race there, among other reasons i could but won't go into (seeing as the club Chairman's son has replied & this isn't the place)

to be honest i've found the most successful club in the area (although it's more outside the area) is just up the road in Crewe, they do 10th, 12th, Tamiya mini's & Mardave's but pretty much let you run anything so long as it's not a buggy - F1's & drifters have also been allowed on the track. No limits on motors or tyres etc & it's only £3 a night, plus a few national drivers race there so help is always on hand.

there is also the Orchard circuit in the area, but they are aimed more for your TT-01 type drivers because the circuit wouldn't suit a high-end touring car... although i have a lot of fun racing there with an £100 RTR.
I work in Crewe, is it the club at the victoria/jubilee(or whatever it is!) centre near Asda? When do they run?
Old 01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
I work in Crewe, is it the club at the victoria/jubilee(or whatever it is!) centre near Asda? When do they run?
yes that's the place, friday nights in the hall upstairs. Doors open at 6.30, 1st race starts whenever the track is laid & everyone gets booked in. Only thing is everyone has to be be out at 10.
Old 01-02-2010

Here at Stoke we are relaxed on rules like has been said. The majority of us run 10.5 with rubber.
Has far has it been "stupidly expensive" the fees charged are what is needed to keep the club alive. I will say it is a vicious circle though.
Steve.
Old 03-02-2010

[QUOTE=Mad-Wolfie;338284]Stoke is very quiet i believe.. mainly because it's stupidly expensive to race there, among other reasons i could but won't go into (seeing as the club Chairman's son has replied & this isn't the place)

Hmm...me thinks we have a disgruntled racer trying to inflict his views onto others here!

Stoke's club prices are in line with other clubs of similar size within the area. The racing is fun, friendly and relaxed and they have a good 'core' of regulars who are always trying to keep the club moving forward and offer assistance. There is no 'clique' like you get from some clubs and all they ask in return is that people help to set-up and pack away the track, and you marshall when you should....which I think is only fair.

If anyone wants to know anything further about the club, then I would suggest a PM to Steve B as he is basically running the club and has been very helpful to all the 'newbies' recently arriving at the club.

Remember, don't listen to the hype, go along and see for yourself!
Old 09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
What's the current rules at these two clubs around touring cars, in terms of:

1. Motor limits
2. Banning timing advance esc's
3. Tires

Also, how many run at them and are there any series etc going on at them at the mo?

Thinking of trying a 416!

MR GIBSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you getting this 416 running round Stoke??

Still the same setup as before. we start a little later at 8pm and still get 4 runs in. no major rules on motors(most run 10.5), tires or speedo's.

You'll find some familar faces at both clubs.

Cheers

Add
Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror View Post

Hmm...me thinks we have a disgruntled racer trying to inflict his views onto others here!
Don't put words in my mouth.. I simply look at it this way, i can race at 2 other clubs in the area (that also don't charge for annual memberships) for the price i can race a single night for 3 (4 if you are lucky) qualifying heats at Stoke & as someone who is racing on a budget, i apreciate the extra track time for my money over the facilities they can provide & a wider spread of opposition to help develop my skills as a driver because they currently get a lot more members through the door. There are other reasons which i have expressed as concerns to Steve via PM & are really not appropriate for discussion on the forum & as i pointed out in the PM to him are based on rumour rather than proven fact, so please don't try to incite a responce to start a slanging match because you won't get one.

It's a shame really because Stoke was once a good club with a lot of members & certainly has a lot of potential - even capable to hold national / regional tournaments, however i hope as you report that Steve B is "basically running the club" i hope it will begin to lose the somewhat tarnished reputation it currently maintains in the area & the members come back... i just hope the scars aren't too deep
Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
Don't put words in my mouth.. I simply look at it this way, i can race at 2 other clubs in the area (that also don't charge for annual memberships) for the price i can race a single night for 3 (4 if you are lucky) qualifying heats at Stoke & as someone who is racing on a budget, i apreciate the extra track time for my money over the facilities they can provide & a wider spread of opposition to help develop my skills as a driver because they currently get a lot more members through the door. There are other reasons which i have expressed as concerns to Steve via PM & are really not appropriate for discussion on the forum & as i pointed out in the PM to him are based on rumour rather than proven fact, so please don't try to incite a responce to start a slanging match because you won't get one.

It's a shame really because Stoke was once a good club with a lot of members & certainly has a lot of potential - even capable to hold national / regional tournaments, however i hope as you report that Steve B is "basically running the club" i hope it will begin to lose the somewhat tarnished reputation it currently maintains in the area & the members come back... i just hope the scars aren't too deep

I really am sorry to hear that YOU have some really serious issues with the stoke club!

I have been racing for well over 15+ years at this club and race at alot of different clubs up and down the country and i am YET to hear these BAD rumours??

Do you think in the future you can try and keep YOUR negativity to your self. Indeed, for you the price may not be right and you may well be able to get 2 meetings for the price of 1 at other clubs but please try to advertise these other clubs you go to in a positive manor and NOT slag off other clubs or Stoke RCMCC in the process.
Old 10-02-2010

I gotta say that one reason I haven't been to Stoke in a while is the price increase. £7.50 for non-members, rumours of some people paying £10 per meet, I simply can't justify that for a club meet.

I still say the Stoke club can be a great club again. The people are all friendly enough, but I got to say that there are some lazy feckers who won't help setup, won't help put away, and it's the usual suspects who end up doing that. I helped when I could, but I have to careful what I do with my diabetes.

If the club joins the badmintion or tennis association, they could instantly get a third off the price of the courts. Then I think you'd just have to have a token match once a year, an open club championship let's say, and you've saved how much per year? I don't know for certain how much membership is, but I think it's either £15 per club or per member, something like that.

Ian, I understand your feelings, and you've told me about some of them, but we need to support all the clubs we can, as we're in real danger of losing them all. I thought Stoke would pick up again after the Macctrack went, but that didn't happen.
Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheater View Post
Do you think in the future you can try and keep YOUR negativity to your self. Indeed, for you the price may not be right and you may well be able to get 2 meetings for the price of 1 at other clubs but please try to advertise these other clubs you go to in a positive manor and NOT slag off other clubs or Stoke RCMCC in the process.
Here we go again, with people putting words in my mouth & as for my "being negative", well the club is struggling for numbers - a simple look at the results tables for the last 12 months published on the club website tells the tale & as for the cost aspect, well i simply pointed out that i can now get more tracktime for the same money - so how is that "slagging off the club"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
I gotta say that one reason I haven't been to Stoke in a while is the price increase. £7.50 for non-members, rumours of some people paying £10 per meet, I simply can't justify that for a club meet.

I still say the Stoke club can be a great club again. The people are all friendly enough, but I got to say that there are some lazy feckers who won't help setup, won't help put away, and it's the usual suspects who end up doing that. I helped when I could, but I have to careful what I do with my diabetes.

If the club joins the badmintion or tennis association, they could instantly get a third off the price of the courts. Then I think you'd just have to have a token match once a year, an open club championship let's say, and you've saved how much per year? I don't know for certain how much membership is, but I think it's either £15 per club or per member, something like that.

Ian, I understand your feelings, and you've told me about some of them, but we need to support all the clubs we can, as we're in real danger of losing them all. I thought Stoke would pick up again after the Macctrack went, but that didn't happen.
Thank You Sarah, i'm glad someone understands me & for the record i'm all for supporting my local club but at the end of the day if the club is losing money & has to keep putting up the prices i personally think there has to be something more done at committee level other than keep passing the increased costs on & moaning about the clubs problems to the people that are actually still going to the club & paying money - speak with the people who no longer go to the club & ask them why they no longer go, or if the venue is costing too much then change to somewhere cheaper rather than keep putting up with it or at least have a word with Jim Spencer (BRCA treasurer) who is the guru on things like this & may well know a loophole to get the room costs down.

I know it's not much but a little promotion such as posting flyers & posters in model shops or turning up at model shows or even toy fayre's held in the local area would be more positive moves to bring people in as would be a look through the past members in the club records & sending out some information via post or email to tempt people back, even at Crewe the members will occasionally get a text message sent to them from one of the committee to remind people that racing is taking place & a friendly nudge to say they need a hand to put the track out.

It's a shame because potentially RC "should" be absolutely massive in this area. The BRCA AGM is held in the area & within 30 minutes drive there are clubs/tracks that have gone on to hold nationals (10th, 12th & of course 1:8th off-road) & a look at the entry lists on Central Booking of entrants to all the big tournaments reveals a lot of the drivers actually hail from within a 50 mile radius of Stoke on Trent, it's just a shame that Stoke isn't getting the numbers & there isn't a club within 5 miles of my house pulling in big numbers.

... & there you go no negativity on my part, just some constuctive critisism & concerns.