Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 31-10-2007

ok, im able to come. Going for 4wd i think

i have sent pm of my details

Happy Days
Old 31-10-2007

runing to brca motor rules so yes any brushed in prostock and any brushless in mod

thanks hope that helps
Old 31-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by glypo View Post

Also is it alright if I cover the event on my website?
(http://www.glypo.com)

Ta.
Jason,
Will be great to have you there!

Marc
Old 31-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Roger,
Hows that EXOTEK of yours?
Gonna run it at the Newbury meet?

Car is fine mate, news travels fast!!! Needs a bit of tack time to hone the set-up but I like it's balance a lot!!! Going to be a regular at GERCC until it's there ... then might come and play at a national

To get the track time I'm going to need to find a servo that can last more than 5 mins (literally 2 runs so far, 2 broken servo gear sets!!!). Going for a HS65MG ... see if that helps.

Car won't be at Newbury as it's too much like hard work to run two new cars at one meeting, remember it will be my first run inside with the BJ4WE and probably only my 3rd meeting overall with the car!
Old 31-10-2007
Mad Member

Roger - the 65MG is about the best servo for the Exotek. I have done numerous cart wheels and wall encounters and have never broken one. I've been carrying a spare around for ages but not yet needed it
Old 31-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Was this hall there when the old club was running?
Old 01-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ian, we used to have a pretty good outdoor track up at this place, but when they decided to build this hall they kindly levelled the old track to make it nice and flat with "Top soil" which was actually just full of stones so ruined the outdoor track. They wanted us to run in this hall but it was too expensive for Wednesday nights when we were only getting a few people turn up.

We did always say it would have been perfect for a Weekend race meeting though so this should be cool
Old 01-11-2007

hi guys

enrtys are at twenty so doing well i think for so early on.

the form is back up and running we have put a box for pt`s now so if you have one you can use it

thanks to tony at clanfield we have the use of his loop should make the meeting much easyier for some people

thanks Andy
Old 01-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Andy,
As I said to Wes on the 'micro' forum..ive never seen 1/10th offroad raced properly so this event is sure to effect my overdraft in someway

Any idea on numbers per class?

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 01-11-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I would be up for this, as I currently do not have any racing planned for December. This is the school where I first started off racing at a plucky 10 years old!!

Hopefully I will be able to run 2wd, so I will be putting my name down for this meeting straight after this post.

Kind regards
Mark Williamson
Old 02-11-2007

mk gp update

entries up to 26 now guys
Old 02-11-2007

wow with over a month and a half to go, this event could be realy BIG

Old 02-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
I would be up for this, as I currently do not have any racing planned for December. This is the school where I first started off racing at a plucky 10 years old!!

Hopefully I will be able to run 2wd, so I will be putting my name down for this meeting straight after this post.

Kind regards
Mark Williamson
I remember it well Mark - Tamiya Grasshopper wasn't it ;-) Soon followed by the Lazer ZX-R.

I used to love racing here on Wednesday's, it's also where I started in 1992 with a Tamiya MadCap - wasn't long before my Dad realised there was more to it and bought me a Kyosho Optima Mid (Custom Special) from a guy at his work
Old 03-11-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Aye Nick, it was the Grasshopper, but I had an Optima Mid off Neil Gore who lived down the road from me before I got the Lazer ZX-R. That thing was a brick!! (Lazer) I think you had that last time I saw you...

I then got the XX which I had for about 3 years I think, before getting the predator and then a XX4. Had Keith Robertson's XXX before giving up before Uni.

Now finished and was back last year with the B4, but this year changed to XX4 (again, but different kit.)

See you lot in December!
Ta
Mark
Old 05-11-2007

32 entries now
Old 10-11-2007

entrys at 36 now guys and all classes have enough drivers to run
Old 10-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Andy,

Keep promoting the event bro, all the micro Nats had shed loads of entries in the last week...keep up the good work champ

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 10-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Help..

How does 'Round by Round' work??????

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 10-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Help..

How does 'Round by Round' work??????
In each round of qualifying you get a number of points based on your finishing position (1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd etc.) ... sometimes you get an extra point for overall TQ aswell.

Then the round scores are combined (usually dropping a round or 2 .. ie. best 2 from 4 for example).

So for example if you got a 10th in round one, 7th in round two, 44th in round three and 12th in round four with best 2 of 4 to count ....... you final score would be the 10 + the 7 so 17 points.

The combined points totals are then sorted, lowest point scorer 1st in the A and so on.

It works really well to reward consistent driving but punishes you hard for a mechanical failure (as if you break in 2 of the first rounds you HAVE to get a score, any score, in the last round which normally forces you to drive at 9/10ths to be sure of crossing the line). It also means that if your going to the meeting to try different set-ups then your putting your self at risk as if something really doesn't work at all and you get a crap round score you have to be ultra conservative for hte rest of the meeting.

If your going to a track, knowing how to set the car up for that track and can drive clean for a full race you'll have a good result.

Some people prefer this way, others prefer FTD.

I personally like round by round for serious events like regional / national events as it means that the best package (car / driver / set-up) on the day gets the result and makes all the work worthwhile.
I equally don't think helps promote the "fun" side of RC at smaller / less significant events where I'd rather see FTD so as you could happily play with the set-up, for example, all day and even if nothing works you can go back to your base set-up and put a run in at the end of the day to get you into a representative final.

I have to be truthful and say that I'd run Micro at this event if it wasn't for the round-by-round qualifying in the 1/10th. This is for two reasons, firstly I have no "base set-up" for the Exotek and am changing something quite significant every run at the moment .... not a position I'd be happy to race round-by-round with. Secondly the same is likely to be true of the BJ4WE I'm running in tenth .... hasn't even had the steering trims set yet as I am still waiting for my cells to arrive ..... again not a position I'm happy to race round-by-round with but if I want to do the event I have to ..... but the added stress of the Mirco would probably push me into a bad mood all day ....so the Exotek stays at home
Old 10-11-2007

I wonder if its worth getting the local rag down to take a few pics as this is shaping up to be a big event it could make many more aware of the local club and of the amazing cml raceway just down the road