Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Silverstone

Old 11-07-2015

Default Winter Series 15/16

SRCMCC Booking in OPEN for members!
http://www.silverstonercmcc.com/booking-in/4589611651
Booking in will be round by round.
Following the success of previous Winter Series SRCMCC have decided to continue the series for 2015/16. This year the event will be on a new surface.
3 from 5 Rounds count. If members complete at least 3 of the 5 rounds they will receive a complementary Inside Line Racing Voucher after the 5th Round.
All Juniors (Under 18's in Full-Time Education) will receive a complementary pair of Schumacher Mini Spikes.
Booking in for non members will open in a week’s time.
Thanks
The SRCMCC Team
Old 11-07-2015

Can't see a truck entry? Is this a genuine mistake or is there no truck class this year?
Old 11-07-2015

I know I've seen the dates of all the rounds somewhere. Can't find them now. Can the link be posted please.
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
Can't see a truck entry? Is this a genuine mistake or is there no truck class this year?
Some of the committee members have opted to concentrate on 2wd and 4wd due to the new surface attracting more people along with the BWOC
Old 12-07-2015

QUOTE=welshmerlin;918474]I know I've seen the dates of all the rounds somewhere. Can't find them now. Can the link be posted please.[/QUOTE]

Open meeting 26.09.15
Truck National 27.09.15
WS round 1 - 10.10.15
WS round 2 - 07.11.15
WS round 3 - 12.12.15
WS round 4 - 09.01.16
BWOC - 13&14.02.16
WS round 5 - 12.03.16
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCMCC View Post
Some of the committee members have opted to concentrate on 2wd and 4wd due to the new surface attracting more people along with the BWOC
TRUCKS ARE DEAD THEN?
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
I for one am a bit pissed off, I know fellow truckers who were looking forward to the winters, and now find out there's no truck heat!! there has been for the past few years....

Rant over
Old 12-07-2015

I had a conversation with 2 of the committee members (separately) a couple of months ago and it was agreed that if we could get 10 committed 2WD truckers a 2WD class would run.... Having discussed it with many and got the guys from the old Coventry keen we thought it was on.......... Pissed off +1
Also what a knob I look now having to go back a tell them to forget it.

I hope the new interest you generate will be available to give up their time to setup and pack away like us loyal truckers have in the past few years.....
Old 12-07-2015
Mad Member

The Trucks are dead, long live The Trucks.

Whilst it's not the same scale as Silverstone, your more than welcome to join us for some racing on a Monday and our winter series guys. Dates will be released shortly and we should be holding meeting within the next week or two one the storage container arrives and we move everything over. -(Hopefully next week).

In regards to the above, from my own experience it's hard running a heat that's not got full numbers. Finding marshals can be a nightmare, and with 100 plus drivers things have to run to the minute. When running a club you have to make some tough decisions, some of those decisions might not suit everyone.
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
In regards to the above, from my own experience it's hard running a heat that's not got full numbers. Finding marshals can be a nightmare, and with 100 plus drivers things have to run to the minute. When running a club you have to make some tough decisions, some of those decisions might not suit everyone.
Understand that - thus why the conversation went on a couple of months ago to ensure we got enough commitment!
Old 12-07-2015

Haven't been on here for week due to personal reasons, this has just been text to me.

Jez/Paul, you know we love you guys and all the trucks. However, the same assurances were made last year and didn't we have to drop trucks from 1 round all together?

Nice plug though Matty
Old 12-07-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
Haven't been on here for week due to personal reasons, this has just been text to me.

Jez/Paul, you know we love you guys and all the trucks. However, the same assurances were made last year and didn't we have to drop trucks from 1 round all together?

Nice plug though Matty
Thanks mate.

I meant what I said about running a club as well though
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post

No - no assurances were made last year - because you guys were adamant that you wanted to mix 2WD, 4WD and stadium trucks in 1 class - hence alot of the 2WD guys who had raced previous years, did not bother booking in...... So we wouldn't and couldn't have made that assurance.

That is why I asked you and Paul earlier this year about arranging 2WD only if we could get enough commitment.... Thats what we've worked on ans achieved but....... oh well!
Old 13-07-2015

Default Very unhappy

What can I say, the Club pushed for this formula and some of us have gone the whole hog and bought kits, made kits and now race Nationally regularly being A Finalist's.
Now the very club that pushed us in this direction have cut us loose.
Where do we go from here?

Jez T is right, if we were allowed a 2WD (ONLY) heat then numbers wouldn't have been an issue in 2014!
People didn't want to race their 2WD against the bigger heavier 4WD or the Stadium Trucks.

Where has the discussion been this year? How can "some of the committee" make the decision without asking the regular truck guys??

We DON'T race 4WD at Silverstone so how can that be put in over a regular Tuesday Night formula?

Is the Winter Series for the Regular Members or the odd bloke who wants to come 6 times a year with a 4WD?

Not happy.
Old 13-07-2015

Dear all, this forum bollox makes me want to throw the fucking phone through the wall!
It's simple, if YOU fill a heat have it. Haven't seen a truck for weeks that's how the decision was made.
How people dare come on here and quite frankly slag the club off without speaking first is beyond me when you know as members what you get for your fee.
I don't know why this shit still shocks me.
Old 13-07-2015
Mad Member

As Matt has said we haven't had a truck heat on a Tuesday for several weeks, this has been taken into account.

Also if a truck heat was to go ahead still, it would more than likely be SC and ST, we have youngsters at the club who have ST's so we can't not allow them to race (same rules we had last year)

Rule was no 4wd last year aswell, but still had poor numbers

Last edited by PaulUpton; 13-07-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Old 13-07-2015

I was hoping to do the winter series this year as work stitched me up last season, but I changed it for this year to work better with the racing.

Pete and I have not been lately as we have been doing the Nationals, with not many weeks between, most of the time the truck isnt ready for indoors till a good few days after.

Is the situation the same for 4wd SC, if can fill a heat we can run?
Old 13-07-2015

My apologies if it seems I am slagging off the club. I am not.

This is and always will be the best club in the Country. And the Winter series is the best series anywhere ever.
Old 13-07-2015

Quote:
QUOTE=welshmerlin;918474]I know I've seen the dates of all the rounds somewhere. Can't find them now. Can the link be posted please.

Open meeting 26.09.15
Truck National 27.09.15
WS round 1 - 10.10.15
WS round 2 - 07.11.15
WS round 3 - 12.12.15
WS round 4 - 09.01.16
BWOC - 13&14.02.16
WS round 5 - 12.03.16[/QUOTE]

Thank you
Old 14-07-2015

Looking forward to this years winter series whats the new surface going to be chaps?