Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 17-03-2012

Default Kyosho dbx ve 2.0 brushless buggy

Hi all, new to this forum.

Looking to get an new electric buggy that I can mess about with and practice on parks and waste land, but that will also let me get into racing once I have mastered the art ! Has anybody got any experience with the kyosho dbx ve 2.0 ? It looks like a perfect compromise for my needs both now and in the near future...unless you can advise otherwise that is ?
Old 17-03-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

It seems to be 1/8th scale?

Is there any rules about wheel and tyre size in the BRCA for 1/10th?
Old 18-03-2012

I suppose that's partly my question too...it is sold as a 1/10 scale, but the dimensions are very close to 1/8 scale, including the wheels which are 1/8 scale ? I like the idea of this, but don't want to be precluded from entry to a race if I wanted to do so.
Old 19-03-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Not knowing a definite answer... I would assume this is going to be too big to fit into the box at BRCA sanctioned events.
Even with it being RTR, I think this one is alot of money on an unproven machine.
The main problem is that good race cars make poor bash cars, and vise versa.
Old 19-03-2012

seems a bit like the LOSI 810. it neither 1/10th or 1/8th true scale and as such would not be much use racing with either class.

would probably make a good fun car or something to chuck round a track at a club night (just ask the race director which class he wants it in.

as it says its closer to 1/8th scale you might get away with putting it in with SCT's at some clubs.

If you really do want to buy a good spec car and want to spend around that sort of money there a alot of cars out there which would make a good starting point and be race-able as and when needed, best bet as always is find out what local clubs run and whats popular there so you get an idea of what scale and class you fancy