Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-11-2016

Default Transmitter batteries

Hi guys

What do you all recommend for your TX batteries?? I'm gonna be running a Spekky DX3R.

Do I just get some standard rechargeable batteries or are there Aa equivalent Lipos that can be charged through the Lipo charger?

Ta!
Old 22-11-2016

I'd go lipo all the way. Lasts for weeks and weeks without charging and if it goes flat can be charged more quickly and on site using charger you're already carrying. No idea on lipo you need for that TX though, sorry
Old 22-11-2016

+1 for the lipo used to use rechargeable batteries but a lipo lasts for weeks and charges up really quickly.
Old 23-11-2016
Mad Member

Pretty sure that all spektrums require modification to take alternative batteries (actually, I'd fit a LiFe, not lipo. LiPo voltage is rumoured to be a bit high for Spektrums, but I've never actually tried!)
I watched a mate do my dx3r pro. I'd have no worries doing it myself. It's only a few screws and a bit of soldering. The batteries are easily available from places like hobby king. Mine cost about 8 quid.

If you didn't want to do any soldering/mucking about I'd go for Eneloop rechargeable batteries. The testing I've done, they last about twice as long as conventional NiMh batteries. Pretty much as good as high quality alkalines.
In the dx3r, LiFe would do about 18-20 hours use between charges. Normal nimh rechargeables would do 4 or 5. Alkalines about 8-9. Give or take. I'd expect about the same for eneloops.
Old 23-11-2016
Mad Member

Looks like spektrum are lipo ready these days. Just pick the right battery and follow the instructions!
Old 23-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Looks like spektrum are lipo ready these days. Just pick the right battery and follow the instructions!
That's for dx4 range there a option in the menu to run a lipo so it knows it's lower voltage due to 1 cell, think they added it for ppl that wanted lipo in there dx3
not shore if dx3 would run on it
Old 23-11-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I've been using the "voltz" range of LiPo batteries for my Sanwa transmitter and Much More TC tyre warmers. Both of them have been working really well for a good number of months now.