Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 21-01-2015
Administrator

Default Decals no more.

Today I found out the bad news one of my computers has been recently hacked and all my rc related artwork including the source art for printing name decals with all the files and setups that are totally private and simply can't have come from any other source, were stolen and now for sale on the black market to other printers around the world.
It might seem trivial but this is the highly detailed original artwork that's Taken years to create been taken and was purchased by a company in Yorkshire, and likely many others. In the past week.

Thanks to all those who have purchased and sometimes been very patient during my recent medical issues, and I still have a number to finish for people but I've decided to give up advertising name decals and concentrate on developing oople.com and earning a modest living another way.

It's 10 years this year since Neil Cragg won the ifmar worlds with oOple name decals on his buggy - this line of business is not fun any more however and I bow to people like RCS, Thumbs Harris, Josh Hardwick and many others.
I pride myself on my honesty and integrity, and I'm just done with this side of things now. I will only make decals for friends and previous customers if requested and of course for events like the euros and others as needed.

Thanks so much to the rc community for jumping to my defense on facebook, i saw the names and i love you guys for it. Time to cheer up and focus energy into the oople website. Long live oOple!

cheers
jimmy
Old 21-01-2015

That's such a shame to here this has happened, keep smiling and I,d like to say what a fantastic job you do on oople its a great website .
Old 21-01-2015
Mad Member

It's a great shame to hear this as yo have always done a great job for us.
Always arrived in reasonable time and definately worth the wait.

The amount of time and effort the Oople team give to this website as great.

Sorry couldn't stick my support on Facebook as I don't use it.

Wish you all the best with whatever you choose to do and keep up the great work you do here on Oople.

Will defo order more decals if you are willing to do them

As for these hackers they will never prosper from this
Old 21-01-2015

Sorry to hear this Jimmy, nowadays nothing seems to shock or surprise me, a sad reflection on the world we live in now. I hope the unscrupulous theives get what they deserve somehow....karma maybe. Looking forward to seeing the results of your new found enthusiasm for the finer things in life (oOple) again due to the upturn in your health, and hope it continues. Onward and Upward Jimmy.
Old 21-01-2015
Administrator

thanks guys, i know i've been quiet but its only 6 weeks maybe since i seem to have come out the other side and am now mostly pain free and can do things and try to get fit after a couple of years of pain and doctors and ultrsounds xrays and mri's.
Having this happen at this time isn't great but if it'd been 6 months ago it'd have been even worse. Right now my eyes are sore from crying because it is THAT much of a nightmare situation to lose years of my own library of stuff i have drawn and created for my use. Now any printer without the design skill or patience can get all my original vector artwork for free.

The police are amazingly inept and tried to say it wasn't a crime, until i had to point out the misuse of computers act and my private data has been stolen and is for sale.

This whole thing is not what i wanna deal with right now, i need to concentrate on getting fitter and doing oople stuff so i'm back to full Jimmy power and cracking out reports and reviews like i was before my shoulders got damaged.

So, gotta move on and try earn money some other way with hard work and dedication and forget about this as much as it's possible. I'm just happy to have seen names like hupo, bayer, muzzy - i mean there were tons jumping to my defense on this.
Onward and upward oOplers!
Old 21-01-2015

Sad to hear.....ehmmm... read Jimmy, esp the part about the police... sigh...

But as always:

Oople is ACE
Old 21-01-2015
Awesome Admin

Sorry to here it jimmy not good at all the decals you did me were brilliant glad your feeling a lot better buddy and looking forward to having you around more.
Old 21-01-2015

It really is a terrible sign of the times when a good persons business can be stolen and sold on and the Police, not really surprisingly, show little interest.

However, I wear your decals with pride they have always been great and ,personally, I have always had good service..

Dont let the Bxxxxxxs grind you down Jimmy.... Oople is a fantastic site and greatly appreciated by many people...keep up the good work and best wishes for improving health..
Old 22-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Gutted, was going to contact you for some more of the chrome Kyosho decals you did for me a couple of years back.

Hope the gits get a horrible and incurable virus, not of the code variety either!
Old 22-01-2015

Perhaps if we knew the name of the company who bought the jimmy's creations, we could make their life hell........
Old 22-01-2015

Jimmy should get a no win no fee lawyer on the case he could make a fortune!
Old 22-01-2015

What a bummer. But the one who is copying your stuff has no talent, so, despite the 'loss', keep on going. They can't copy your quality.

Do you have any idea how you did get hacked?
Old 22-01-2015

Idiots! If anyone took my artwork I would literally find them and do unthinkable things! Anyway, try and chin up and get fit buddy!
Thanks for the shoutout with the decals

See you at Mendip!

-Josh Hardwick
Fresh RC
Old 22-01-2015
Mad Member

Man, that's a low act! I guess that the only positive to take from this is that your artwork is so good that someone would consider stealing it, but I really don't see that as any consolation!

I hope you'll find some way to limit the damage done, but if not, they can't steal your expertise and dedication!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 22-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.T View Post
Perhaps if we knew the name of the company who bought the jimmy's creations, we could make their life hell........
topic on facebook names the names,
Old 22-01-2015

Default Decals

One word BASTARDS
Old 22-01-2015
Mad Member

All the best to you Jimmy, we don't race these days but still pop on here now and again, when we were racing oOple was our first place if we had problems an stuff, feeling it, onwards mate.
Old 23-01-2015

Default name decals

Hi ordered some name decals on the 18th of Jan! Sent emails, texts to the number on paypal and also pm on here with no reply!! Can you let me know if I'm going to get the stickers or a refund?? A reply would be nice thanks Gaz
Old 23-01-2015
Administrator

Did I talk to you earlier? 18th Jan? REALLY? Seriously - whilst I was dealing with the police?

I will refund you right now just because you are a bit impatient.
Old 23-01-2015
Administrator

Refunded Gaz.

Right well good bloke Jeff Steele is the last person ever to purchase name decals on oOple - earlier today. Thanks Jeff!
The link is now gone as I hope you can see. I don't want to deal with people who think I'm a printer and not a person. I have a life and yes, it's been shit at times, but it's a lot better despite the fact I've been hacked.

I'm a creative person, not a business man, and I do not like dealing with customers. End of. No offense to anyone, it's just that I am purely an artist and hate money.