Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 19-07-2009

Default 4000kv vs 6000kv

what one shall i go for guys, will be using it off road short grass and dirt and odd track day ?

also with a 2 cell lipo

would like to get some good speed out of it 40mph plus if its possible

cheers
Old 19-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I personally would never use a sensorless brushless system for racing. They dont have the same feel and control as a sensored system. You are better off going for a sensored system such as a Losi Xcelorin 10.5. Only 115 in DMS Racing. Bargain. As for 40 MPH speed isnt everything in racing. I would preffer a slow car down the straight than an uncontrolable car round the corners.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 19-07-2009

ok, but for general bashing/ speed runs, what would u go for ?

mostly using it in big opens fields and dirt tracks, and like a say the odd race track, can u control the power it puts out through the esc program card i fort you could carm them down ?

whats the difference between sensorless and sensored then ? more controllable ?

not saying i will open it up on the tracks just saying i would like it to cable of 40mph, when i hace got the space to open the taps
Old 19-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To a certain extent where 2wds are concerned less is more. At least there is a limiting point at which you will gain little benefit from more power, and more problems.

I would agree with the whole - sensorless not ideal for 2wd argument. My Orion can run sensored or sensorless and is really hard to manage in my B4 when in sensorless mode but controllable in sensored mode, both with the same LRP 7.5 motor.

I have the same Ezrun 5.5t you do. Its great in my 4wd D4 - but in my 2wd B4 its actually slower than the LRP 7.5. Why? Because I can control the LRP, and don't waste power on wheelspins and wheelies. This is because the LRP is less powerful, and being sensored more controlable.

I have run sensorless in the B4 - another EZrun in this case the 9T. It was pretty good, but then its not that torquey.

If I was you I'd fit one of these as its cheap and better suited to the Madrat than the Ezrun 5.5t. Its not ideal, but should do you. My LRP 7.5 is rated at 4600kV and 7.5s are the most popular wind for 2wds.

Oh and for reference: My year 7 class clocked my D4 at 46mph doing distance/time calculations. It was using the 5.5t with Trakpower 3200 20C lipos. My B4 goes almost exactly the same speed with the LRP 7.5t and an Orion 3800 28C lipo.
Old 20-07-2009

I'm not an expert but I don't think you can directly compare a sensored / sensorless kv rating. Even from the same manufacturer. Check out manufacturers websites especially those that do both types.

I've run a mamba (they only make sensorless speedo's; and have been doing it longer than the 'car' firms).

currently I have a two mamba's X6 2wd and T4 2wd both driving sensored orion motors with no sensor wire. They perform really well. (Mamba's motors arent legal for car racing as they dont meet the 'measurement' requirements.)

i've just invested in a tekin RS Pro which can be run in 'dual mode' sensored up to a certain speed then switches to sensorless.

It really depends on your budget.

For bashing or 'rain' sensorless has benefits .. less to go wrong!

Cheers,

Ian
Old 20-07-2009

thanks for the advice guys

dan