Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Silverstone

Old 13-01-2019

Default Newbie Questions!

Hi all,

So I have just bought a Yokomo YZ2 Cal2 and hope to start racing with you guys on a tuesday night.

With that in mind I was wondering if there are any build tips/set up tips for me??

I am also looking for some advice on which speed controller and motor would be good for a £200 budget. Would you guys go new or second hand??

Thanks
James
Old 14-01-2019

James can’t give you any setup tips for the YZ as I don’t run one, you’ll need cut stagger tyres for front and cactus tyres for the rear, as for speedos I personally would buy new and buy once. We currently run Maclan, Hobbywing and SkyRc and Orion R10. All run sweet just personal preference just don’t go mad on motor wind
Old 14-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
James can’t give you any setup tips for the YZ as I don’t run one, you’ll need cut stagger tyres for front and cactus tyres for the rear, as for speedos I personally would buy new and buy once. We currently run Maclan, Hobbywing and SkyRc and Orion R10. All run sweet just personal preference just don’t go mad on motor wind
Awesome, thank you. I like the look of the Orion 10.1 and the Hobbywing XR10 pro so might go with one of those two!?!
Old 14-01-2019

Hey there, I used to run a Yok YZ2, they're great cars and good out of the box, my car is actually used now by a fellow Silverstone club member who loves it only tip would be to take your time on the build and ensure that everything is smooth and well put together with threadlock used wherever screws go in to metal components (motor mount for example).

Regards to speedo I run the Orion in my buggy but the Hobbywing is also very good so either of those would work.

We're a friendly bunch at Silverstone and more than happy to help, feel free to head over on a Tuesday that suits with or without your car and we can run through any questions you may have perhaps?
Old 14-01-2019

Thanks Bizz, thats great and yep will do.
Probably a really stupid question but can the speedo's be used with a different brand motor? I have a speed passion motor but not sure if I can pair it with a Orion or Hobbywing speedo???
Old 14-01-2019

Yes you can, the speedo will have a minimum motor limit as long as you don’t go past this you’ll be okay, if you match some Speedo’s and motors they can monitor motor temps
Old 14-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
Yes you can, the speedo will have a minimum motor limit as long as you don’t go past this you’ll be okay, if you match some Speedo’s and motors they can monitor motor temps
Ok well that will save me a couple of quid to begin with. How do I know figure out the minimum motor limit?

Thanks again for the help....

James