Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 10-06-2013

Default Herts Sunday

This section seems to be full of moans and is getting silly.

I will just like to say a big thank you to all involved in organising yesterday's racing. Well run and a great track with plenty of tricky bits but still fast and flowing layout.

Well done to the stand in Marshalls who helped all day.

Was some fast close racing in most finals.

I'm sure we can all find things to moan about but really it's about fun and the job of organising these evens isn't an easy one.
Most of the moaners don't actually run events so don't know how hard it is to try to keep us all happy.
So maybe "some" comments should be kept off forums.

Questionable marshalling and bad driving will happen at ever event everywhere, just some days it happens to us and some it doesn't. ( like bad decisions made by football refs).

Sorry for rant just fed up with our region threads all being moans.

Lets get this back to racing and having fun.
Old 10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Larner View Post

I will just like to say a big thank you to all involved in organising yesterday's racing. Well run and a great track with plenty of tricky bits but still fast and flowing layout.

I'm sure we can all find things to moan about but really it's about fun and the job of organising these evens isn't an easy one.
Most of the moaners don't actually run events so don't know how hard it is to try to keep us all happy.

Questionable marshalling and bad driving will happen at ever event everywhere, just some days it happens to us and some it doesn't. ( like bad decisions made by football refs).

Well said Chris. However, I do enjoy reading the eoe section, more drama than eastenders on Christmas Day!

Norfolks Number 1 All Weather Astro Venue.
Old 10-06-2013

Yes a big pat on the back to Ian, Carl, Mark & Lewis (who was running around everywhere )

The meeting run to perfect time and really shows how it should be done, 3 finals for all finals in 2wd and 4wd no easy task in one day and finished before 6

Sorry if I've missed anyone else who was responsible for the day.

Cheers
Lee
Old 10-06-2013

Agreed, i thought the meeting was very well run. Track was enjoyable, just the sun not turning up was a bummer.

Well done HNMC
Old 10-06-2013
Mad Member

As above, big thanks to the Herts lads, very well run meeting, no problems all day from what I saw, even had time to cross the region to get home in time for the F1 race

Big well done on young (very young) Lewis on the 4wd win, super quick all day.

Just a shame that on our first trip as a region to someones else's playground, the 4wd A finals turned into some of, if not the most bad tempered races I've seen/ been apart of, the shouting and I guess the driving that caused that in the 3rd leg was terrible
Old 10-06-2013
Mad Member

Really enjoyed racing at Herts.

Thought the track, facilities and organisation was top notch

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 10-06-2013

Had a great day and a half, though the camping turned out to be a bit chilly!

Was great to have 3 finals for 2wd and 4wd, especially after i'd only completed 1 qualifier.

The meeting was really well run, and facilities and especially the undercover pitting were great. Track was good fun as well, with plenty of challenges.

Finally, thanks to the LRP guy who lent me a battery after the 3rd qualifier, was great to get some racing in

I look forward to coming back again!

Will.
Old 10-06-2013

There's one thing being beaten (comprehensively) by an 11 year old , it's quite another when being shown how to conduct oneself. 4WD A-Finalists - an embarrassment! Now that's out of the way.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Really enjoyed racing at Herts.

Thought the track, facilities and organisation was top notch
Couldn't agree more. Thanks Ian and all the crew at Herts!

Here's the 2WD - A Final, Leg 1. Some footage I took, some footage ripped from Graham Kisby's YouTube account without his consent, a catalogue pose from Heron, a big thumb-up from Tony Price and some tuneage mixed by Zipper.

Mark Everitt, there's a perfect view of the final corner - enjoy!....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZy-loIGvyI
Old 10-06-2013

Default Rant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Larner View Post

Ok I will firstly start by saying that Herts put on a great event that was very well run and nothing I am about to say is any critism of them!

Both my 8 year old son and I have switch to offroad this year as we couldn't stand the politics that have entered TC racing. This is my 3rd EOE event this year and my sons second and I have to say the courtesy of driving is dreadful! How are you supposed to show young drivers how to develope if adults behave in such a manor? Add to this the the fact that one driver swore on the rostrum at my 8 year old he was lucky I didn't hear him or it wouldn't have just been a matter for the BRCA!

We were really looking forward to racing at regional events this year but so far the drivers entering this series have left a very upset and dissapointing feeling for the pair of us! Everyone should take a long hard look at themselves and think if how they act on the track is in a true sporting manner!

Could someone please confirm is offroad racing a non contact sport? From what I could see it looked more like mardave bangers out there. I don't know how any driver can think they have made a pass if they hit the other driver to do it whether they are on a racing line or not!

Well done the guys the run the EOE series, running events is not easy, unfortunately you are being let done badly by the drivers entering.
Old 10-06-2013

I would like to thank Ian and his team. They did not stop all day and I personally thought Ian did a great job of keeping the drivers upto date during the races, sadly no one can see all incidents in every race but the commentary was good throughout.He kept the meeting running and marshal points covered. I was dissapointed with some of the antics during the finals but this is not the place to air it as we are and should be trying to promote the region in a positive light.
i think it's fitting that one person who did not grumble all day, did more than his fair share of extra marshalling, got on with his racing and set a great example to all actually won the 4wd, oh yes and he is also one of the youngest drivers too. Well done Lewis, a credit to our hobby.
Old 10-06-2013

Where would you rather these be aired then other than an open and public forum? If a region has issues they should be dealt with and not swept under the carpet or worse still ignored!
Old 11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunkyboogie View Post
Everyone should take a long hard look at themselves and think if how they act on the track is in a true sporting manner!
I didn't see the 4wd finals so can't comment and obviously don't condone anyone swearing at a 8 year old boy!!!

I watched quite a bit of the rest of the days racing and didn't think it was as bad as you are making out so I think your comment above about everyone is a little exaggerated unless its just aimed at the 4wd finals?. I have raced in many regions and while some events are worse than others there is always a bit of contact at lower level and sometimes the top level aswell! this has been my experience in the last 30 years and why its not right its never been any different and TC is certainly the same!!

Feel free to prove me wrong but this is only my opinion.
Old 11-06-2013

firstly well done to Herts another well run meeting as expected from them.
and well done lewis.

I would like to point out that I was the one that shouted on the rostrum in the A 4wd .. my car had broken with the help of another driver and I was happly standing back watching the racing ..as the leaders where carving through the back markers there was one driver that was holding up the second place man for best part of a lap arfter a number attempts by racecontrol asking him to move over he didn't I then took it upon myself to shout for him to move over. I am sorry if this was unacceptable but I felt it needed to be done as the driver was not complying I wasn't the only person shouting I beleave there was marshalls , racecontrol and spectators shouting at him aswell.

The standard of driving from some drivers in the A final was more like banger racing or dodgems.

Arfter the event there was some descusion with our regional rep about what had happened and his reponse was that he will e-mail the driver in question .
I feel that this isn't good enough for the poor driving displayed.

I myself have had enough of the politics and feel that the series is a farse as the format has changed and there seems to be no structure or consistancy I know it is not an easy job and he has done well to bring in the extra drivers and venues
Old 11-06-2013

Despite the professional organisation & top quality facilities, this was probably the worst (bad tempered) regional since the infamous MERCC walkout a few years back

A couple of factors contributed to this meeting being the way it was IMHO - the track was very challenging which lead to a lot of driver frustration & the refereeing was inconsistent (regardless of the brilliant organisation) which allowed the 'banger' style driving to go on through the finals

The meetings are great 99% of the time - let's not get carried away with the negativity & ruin the series - its been great up until now.
Old 11-06-2013

Personally I really enjoyed Sunday's racing at Herts.

Very well organised with a quick start and timely completion.
Old 11-06-2013

[QUOTE=Essexboyracer;781455]

Finally, thanks to the LRP guy who lent me a battery after the 3rd qualifier, was great to get some racing

That's ok
Old 11-06-2013

I know forum's are there for people to aim their views, but my point is when a neutral looks at the forum for Sunday's meeting they could very well think it was a mass argument, shouting, bad driving, whereas in reality 99% of people enjoyed the meeting and some of the racing was close and enjoyable. People are all mouth when they sit behind a keyboard but put any complaints about driver X in an e-mail to me.
I am trying to get some consistency to the meetings, so far 2 meeting we have had to cut the B & C finals down to one leg, the other two we have managed to get 3 legs in. Not really a farce, and I am already looking at next year.
Old 11-06-2013

Default GR8 Day

Well done to all involved, the best meeting yet.
I was involved in a race incident, I did not shout bit spoke to colin after the race. This is how they should be dealt with, and the rostrum should be a quite area. Future penalties should be given out to anyone who breaks this rule in future. Also more driver penalties. People who race club and then move up to regionals still need to be shown how to drive, so unless they are shown these problems will keep happening.
Glad im not doing 4wd this year thou
Old 11-06-2013

well after reading the comments about herts im glad i didnt goi cannot belive all the grief that pops up at these regionals im not being funny but they are toy cars and its just a bit of fun.
Now shouting and swearing at a young child is toatally wrong even he was holding people up hes young and having fun but if peopke keep shouting etc thennhe may not want to come anymore and same for any young kids and we need these to build on the future for our region.
now instead of shouting at him may somone could have had a quiet word in his ear on the rostrum and guided him. Im sorry but as a parent i would have said summit to the people shouted at the young child i feel sorry for his father who took him along for some fun.
I belive everyone should just calm down and just enjoyed what it is which is fun for toy cars my rant over see you all at next round.
Old 11-06-2013

I agree with the comments about bringing a young child into the environment. I've got a seven year old who races and have made my point to the chairman of the section. I know a couple of comments were made regarding my child and would like to point out that sometimes accidents happen when they are moving out of the way for other drivers especially when they've not had much experience of the track.

I also apologise for James shouting but believe this was due to frustration! It wouldn't have happened if there was not the attitude of those who were banger racing, which seems to be the norm of late.

I know how hare clubs work to put on events and have a great deal to do without having to help silly women who have no idea how to get the live data on their laptop! Unfortunately they are unable to keep everyone happy bodies can't fault those from the club who ran the meeting.

Colin, I have spoken to you on a number of occasions. If you do not know the names of the people involved, you should email all of the drivers who were booked in or failing that, halt proceedings and call a drivers meeting!