Mad Member

Default Lee Martin to Yoko

Just seen this...

http://www.neobuggy.net/mobile/

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 02-01-2014
Mad Member

I think pretty much everyone knew Yoke would be his next move. Good move for both parties.
Old 02-01-2014
Mad Member

Default yep

as Jack went there it seemed like a logical direction I think many guessed........ Should boost the Yoko brand massively.
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 02-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Expected for a while, but still great news for Lee and Yokomo.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

interesting to see how CML will deal with a possible increase of yokomo drivers watching lee, as they have two new associated kits to push hard this year. I have nothing against CML but always feel associated gets pushed much harder

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 02-01-2014
Mad Member

to be fair to CML in the old days (gosh im showing my age now ) CML were behind both brands equally

Associated did not make a 4wd car and Yokomo did not make a 2wd car (unless im much mistaken) neither made a touring car at all !!

the brands did not cross over and CML were able to support each equally

as business progressed things have changed and Yokomo especially had become very expensive to import and support

it looks to be great news for all

lots of driver/sponsorship changes should make for a great 2014

regards dave
Old 02-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Maybe he's dealing directly with Yokomo JP or through Yokomo Europe?

CML don't strike me as being interesting in pushing or selling Yokomo 1/10th offroad, only drift cars, which don't conflict with the range from AE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Maybe he's dealing directly with Yokomo JP or through Yokomo Europe?

CML don't strike me as being interesting in pushing or selling Yokomo 1/10th offroad, only drift cars, which don't conflict with the range from AE.
Neal,

CML are pushing the 10th Off-Road along with all of Yokomo's other ranges. So I am unsure where your getting this idea from.

Congrats to Lee, great news for him.
Old 03-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb4_boy View Post
Neal,

CML are pushing the 10th Off-Road along with all of Yokomo's other ranges. So I am unsure where your getting this idea from.
I'm getting it from my own brain. No stock of full range of parts for new/current 1/10th of road cars listed on CML websites? Silly lead times to get parts for current cars. High prices. No CML/Yokomo team drivers. Lots of drift stuff available though, which doesn't conflict with AE lines. That's why I feel CML aren't interested in pushing Yokomo. In days gone by of course CML pushed Yokomo, but not currently?
Old 03-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb4_boy View Post
Neal,

Congrats to Lee, great news for him.
Im yet to see a cml driver use a yokomo car.

I can see how people could think AE were a 'favoured' brand.

Edit, my favoured brand too though so not complaining
Old 03-01-2014
Mad Member

CML gave had no interest in Yokomo off-road for years. In all the years that I've run Yok buggies I've had to go straight to Japan or buy a complete spare car simply because I couldn't get parts in this country. CML seemed to make no effort in pushing the B-max4.

Now they are popular (all because of the hard work by another company) again they seem to be jumping on the bandwagon. I couldn't agree more with Neal.

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 03-01-2014

Now they are popular (all because of the hard work by another company) again they seem to be jumping on the bandwagon. I couldn't agree more with Neal.

??? WOW! CML have distributed Yokomo for 15-20 years and CML are "jumping on the band wagon" ???? this made me chuckle!

I think we are getting away from the original post!
Old 03-01-2014

When I came back into RC racing I asked about getting a B Max 4 just when the version 2's came out, I was told by several model shops that CML weren't interested in supporting Yokomo as the exchange rate made the cars to expensive, if I really wanted a Yoke I would have to get one from Asia along with spares. To me MB Models should take a large amount of the credit for the resurgence in Yokomo in the UK as well as MiboSport etc as they were the only ones that started to re-stock them, it looks like CML have just jumped back on the bandwagon. If more support for Yokomo in this country ends up with them being a lot more popular then so be it but the credit should be acknowledged as to actually helped the brand back into Europe and the UK.

Congrats to Lee Martin though, a good move and good to see a top driver help smaller/resurgent companies get supported and promoted again around the world.
Old 03-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
I'm getting it from my own brain. No stock of full range of parts for new/current 1/10th of road cars listed on CML websites?
We don't list parts on our site. We are a distributor and want customers to support the model shops.

Quote:
Silly lead times to get parts for current cars.
Just checked our spares and practically every part is in stock right now. Lead times are rarely more than 2-3 weeks which is how often deliveries arrive from the other side of the world. Of course this depends on our suppliers having said item in stock.

Quote:
High prices.
AE/yokomo prices are some of the best value out there. Have you compared them to other brands? Front wishbones for example. £5.89 (b44) AE, £5.89 (bm4) Yokomo or £7.08 (cat) Schumacher

Quote:
Lots of drift stuff available though, which doesn't conflict with AE lines. That's why I feel CML aren't interested in pushing Yokomo. In days gone by of course CML pushed Yokomo, but not currently?
I think a lot of people are forgetting that CML are a distributor. Not a model shop or manufacturer.
Old 03-01-2014

Hi Guys, just to clarify a few things as these posts can go a bit crazy lol.

I don't know all the history about why yokomo has had its peaks and troughs, etc, but.

Lee and Jack are factory drivers for Japan, CML are the distributer for the products for the UK.

I don't know if CML will increase sponsored drivers or not, but what I do know is that Yokomo are working hard, and with Lee on board I am sure we are going to see a lot more cars trackside.

I don't think spares etc will be a issue for customers, there are a number of stockists, with stock of spares etc.
Old 03-01-2014

here here Lewis congrats to lee! and you guys of course
Old 03-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post

??? WOW! CML have distributed Yokomo for 15-20 years and CML are "jumping on the band wagon" ???? this made me chuckle!

I think we are getting away from the original post!
Not sure why it made you chuckle. I'm talking about off-road. Before MB started bringing them in, I couldn't get a thing for ages. As soon as Tom Yardy stopped racing it you couldn't get a thing for love nor money.

The B-max4 never went away. No one supported it.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 03-01-2014

I can only see good things for Yokomo from now on. They're getting massive again with very little help from CML. They could've took the Worlds title this year easily if it wasn't for some erratic driving at times.

Now with Lee on board they should clock up a few UK titles too. Congratulations to Lee and Yokomo.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 03-01-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to Disco-Panda

CML are a spot on Distributor! The last 18months so much work has gone on to secure the distribution of Yokomo once again within the UK. Knowing some of the CML staff on a personal level, i know how hard each individual has worked,
Some people fail to see what goes on behind the scenes ,CML are striving to support the brand and although have struggled in the past they have been doing all they can in the last 12-18 months.

Theres no subsitute for Pie!

C-Cup

Xbox Gamertag: JoeyCcup
Old 03-01-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Sorry to disappoint anybody above, but since the new yokomos have been released and before I have been a cml driver as has a mate of mine. We have had yokomos from there since their release. Any shop that has an account with them can get you yokomo parts whenever you like. All you have to do is ask.
As for the cars, the build quality is amazing and I'd recommend them to anybody. Novice through to lee Martin !

Back to the thread....

Good luck lee on your new rides, I wish you lots more success bud!