Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 05-11-2012

Default Racing this coming sunday (11th)

I believe we should be racing (rain, mud, wind, snow, sleet etc permitting).

Maybe time to dig out the gloves, hat & big 'ol coat

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 06-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll be there with the boys, Not sure on the weather yet I will have a look, but I do have some news on some indoor racing if the weather is poo, a bit better than Kellars as they will put jumps in the track for us.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 06-11-2012
Mad Member

Not sure if I am about this weekend, I think Elaine is working, but I can't drive at the moment due to a hole in the neck and anti-biotics.

Ooo more details on the indoor racing are needed!!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 06-11-2012

Well I will be there with my new 'home made' mud gaurds to try and prevent the drive shafts getting quite a wrapped in grass as they did last time!!

fingers crossed the 210 will last longer than 1 heat this time although if this weather continues I might bring out the SVR as i think it might handle the wet quite well.

I will have an update on Club apparel in the next few days, looks like I should be able to get some nice stuff for those who are interested..
Old 06-11-2012

Default kellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
I'll be there with the boys, Not sure on the weather yet I will have a look, but I do have some news on some indoor racing if the weather is poo, a bit better than Kellars as they will put jumps in the track for us.
guys the numbers are quite low at the moment at kellers, i know they would welcome the buggys back with open arms, and im sure if you can construct some easily movable ramps that they will let you use them... id even go as far to say a buggy heat could be a permanant fixture down there if you wanted..
Old 06-11-2012

I will be going to blrccc in Lowestoft (east point academy) with Barry and Brandon on Sunday it's on carpet but no jumpsas its a lot closer than kellers but if we are all going to Kellers I might go to Norwich
Old 06-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyaterror View Post
guys the numbers are quite low at the moment at kellers, i know they would welcome the buggys back with open arms, and im sure if you can construct some easily movable ramps that they will let you use them... id even go as far to say a buggy heat could be a permanant fixture down there if you wanted..
I thought kellers were not keen on jumps as they were worried about the floor being damaged.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 07-11-2012

we are coming if everyone goes kellars what tyres do you nedd for it????

Tamiya plasma Edge, Madfighter, Mad rat, X-pro, TLR Losi 22.

EoE regional Junior championship.
Old 07-11-2012

Thumbs down Kellers

the only problem with kellers is the BIG brick walls
Great for SNOREING cars, not for off road.
If you go you will need yellow compound tyres, preferably mini pins, but mini spikes will work fine.
Weather forecast is lookin good 4 sunday so keep those fingers crossed.
Dave im lookin for a shortie lipo pack, does the shop have any in stock?
Old 07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
the only problem with kellers is the BIG brick walls
Only if you hit them

Old 07-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not checked weather yet, but fingers crossed. I have no plans for us to hit the indoor sceen yet as the weather not that bad and we are hard core off road buggy drivers are we not?. But lowestoft have offered to run buggy heats on the track with jumps,and there is a little more space between track and wall from the pictures i have seen.But my plan is to head out as a club outing once the wether is throwing some snow and ice at us.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 10-11-2012

Smile Sunny dayz

Weather lookin good

Sunday:

Dry and mostly sunny after a chilly start with a widespread frost, patchy mist and fog. Light winds though. Maximum temperature 9 °C.

T-shirts and shorts time..
10:30 arrive, first heat at 11:00............... U got to have a dream!!!
Old 10-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yep, looks to be dry, but bit cold 1st thing. I hope to be a little earlier as I want to sort the steps a bit, as I had to work friday, so the steps plan went out the window

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 12-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

good days racing, track dried quite well and the new layout is realy good and flows well, even got time to give my car a run at the end today

We had 12 racers,a few faces missingbut this number worked nicely into 2 heats of six.

So three round and finals it was to be

qualifying.

Heat 2 was dominated by simon(yawn! ether JCB needs to turn up or I'm going to have to stop racing the laptop and pick a transmitter up again as no one seemed to challenge the darkdistroyer.) Nathen did manage to stay in front for half of the heat in round one, but once simon slipped past, he was away. Nathen and thomas spend the rounds fighting it out for 2nd and third,carl and dan both had a rough day mixing it for 4th and 5th most of the day and mark did manage a 1st in the second round with his 4wd, but this was the only heat he finished today, retiring from the others with technical problems!

Heat 1. Craig started out in round one doing what he did for the rest of the day...winning the heat by a country mile connor and niel mixing it for second and third most of the time, Ian holding a consistent 4th in every heat with the mad monkey. Max, oh max what can I say, in fact I think I did say it all I don't think I can take the weewee any more without upsetting the chap,Baz spent the day getting used to his 22 and the track holding 6th for the day.

In the end finals went like this:

B final
Qualified Finishing position

1 Dan DNF
2 Mark 1st
3 Ian 2nd
4 Max DNF
5 Carl 3rd
6 Baz 4th

A final

1 Simon 1st
2 Craig 3rd
3 Nathan 4th
4 Thomas 2nd
5 Neil 6th
6 Connor 5th

the b was a bit hit and miss with an easy win for mark, a DNF for max and dan giving Ian 2nd and carl third and Baz getting to the heady hights of 4th

The A was a close match, yer ok simon as normal disappeared into the distance YAWN but the fight for 2nd to 6th was great with positions swapping all through the race and some really great driving from all.

the young lads seem to get faster every time with some great drives from Nathan,Thomas and connor and also so great laps from neil, Baz seemed to enjoy himself and with the aid of some FBI style shades Ian seem to be able to see the other side of the track today pulling some great results with his std mad monkey.

As for Max...well he's ringing the durango help line as I type

So all in all not a bad day, few faces missing due to football and the damp conditions

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt4 View Post
I will be going to blrccc in Lowestoft (east point academy) with Barry and Brandon on Sunday it's on carpet but no jumpsas its a lot closer than kellers but if we are all going to Kellers I might go to Norwich
hello chap good to see some new faces down at our club i think i reconised you from back years a go when me nd mick used to race buggys at st olives well talkin to mick erlyer he said hes defo up for letin you lads with your buggys come down and he wer sayin would have no trouble haveing jumps down there eather as we did have some to lay out as its wot we all used to race years a go as long as you lads can make a heat every time im sure hes brill with it all hope to hear soon eoghan
Old 12-11-2012

How come the day I have a shocker we get a full report.....

To be fair still had a brilliant day and I'm sure I will get my head around the 210 at some point. I think some practice might be required if someone could arrange some reasonable weather please.

Got to say I was very impressed with Nathan this weekend, a few less errors and I think he might have been challenging Simon in the first couple of heats.

So I am off to buy some more red SHINY bits they are bound to make my car faster....
Old 12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbashing View Post
How come the day I have a shocker we get a full report.....
You had a shocker ?!, i'm still not talking to myself following my performance

The young'uns impressed again but... Craig ! where did that driving come from

Old 12-11-2012

I maybe back for next meeting. Just I've exams looming - so no promises !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
good days racing, track dried quite well and the new layout is realy good and flows well, even got time to give my car a run at the end today

We had 12 racers,a few faces missingbut this number worked nicely into 2 heats of six.

So three round and finals it was to be

qualifying.

Heat 2 was dominated by simon(yawn! ether JCB needs to turn up or I'm going to have to stop racing the laptop and pick a transmitter up again as no one seemed to challenge the darkdistroyer.) Nathen did manage to stay in front for half of the heat in round one, but once simon slipped past, he was away. Nathen and thomas spend the rounds fighting it out for 2nd and third,carl and dan both had a rough day mixing it for 4th and 5th most of the day and mark did manage a 1st in the second round with his 4wd, but this was the only heat he finished today, retiring from the others with technical problems!

Heat 1. Craig started out in round one doing what he did for the rest of the day...winning the heat by a country mile connor and niel mixing it for second and third most of the time, Ian holding a consistent 4th in every heat with the mad monkey. Max, oh max what can I say, in fact I think I did say it all I don't think I can take the weewee any more without upsetting the chap,Baz spent the day getting used to his 22 and the track holding 6th for the day.

In the end finals went like this:

B final
Qualified Finishing position

1 Dan DNF
2 Mark 1st
3 Ian 2nd
4 Max DNF
5 Carl 3rd
6 Baz 4th

A final

1 Simon 1st
2 Craig 3rd
3 Nathan 4th
4 Thomas 2nd
5 Neil 6th
6 Connor 5th

the b was a bit hit and miss with an easy win for mark, a DNF for max and dan giving Ian 2nd and carl third and Baz getting to the heady hights of 4th

The A was a close match, yer ok simon as normal disappeared into the distance YAWN but the fight for 2nd to 6th was great with positions swapping all through the race and some really great driving from all.

the young lads seem to get faster every time with some great drives from Nathan,Thomas and connor and also so great laps from neil, Baz seemed to enjoy himself and with the aid of some FBI style shades Ian seem to be able to see the other side of the track today pulling some great results with his std mad monkey.

As for Max...well he's ringing the durango help line as I type

So all in all not a bad day, few faces missing due to football and the damp conditions
Old 14-11-2012

Unhappy Bad day at the office

I had such a s#@t day with the old rear 2wd so have decided to retire it again, untill the new year then its mid-motor kick ass time
So back to the DARKSIDE..... 4WD BABY:thumbsup
Some really good drivin on sunday, and some really bad.... (yep dan thats me n u).
Old 14-11-2012

guys are you racing this Sunday ??