Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 02-05-2014

Default Regional on a bank holiday Monday... Why??

Is there anychance we can have the next regional on a Sunday, not on a bank holiday Monday??

Vote...👍👍👍👌👌👌👌
Old 02-05-2014
Mad Member

I'd like it on the Sunday as well, if only for the selfish reason that I can't get the Monday night off work.
Old 02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscoe4 View Post
Is there anychance we can have the next regional on a Sunday, not on a bank holiday Monday??

Vote...👍👍👍👌👌👌👌
Steve its so you can sit in loads of traffic on the way home and not have a day off before you go back to work Tuesday

Old 02-05-2014

😉 looks that way Danny, shame really doesn't look like there's many going, or so I here..
See you all at the one after...👍👌🚕💨💨💨
Old 02-05-2014
Mad Member

I'd be more worried about Norwich playing football than a bank holiday Monday causing traffic problems in my experience of driving to NBC.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I'd be more worried about Norwich playing football than a bank holiday Monday causing traffic problems in my experience of driving to NBC.
Playing football - is that what you call it?
Old 02-05-2014

I cannot make the Monday either. Sunday would work for me.
Old 02-05-2014

Over the last couple of years we have found the bank holiday monday meetings seem to be a bit better supported, allows people to spend a couple of days with the family and still go racing on the monday. I know there could be traffic and that it will not suit everyone but going with recent tradition the bank holiday meetings seem to work. If it doesn't then that will be looked at for future events.
Old 03-05-2014

Default B Monday

Sunday would be fine for me but not Channon !
Monday works for both of us
So I hope it stands
The dates were posted ages ago ,so why the discussion now ??
Old 03-05-2014

Yer dates will no change. They have been finalised since february, people wil have worked out plans around them. Should still be a good entry.
Old 06-05-2014
oOple Advertiser

Interesting point made by Paul Worsley (section Chairman) at the Southport National this weekend regarding two row stud tyres and the like. They are NOT legal as they are not commercially available. Commercially available doesn't mean a shop down our street has a pair in the window gathering dust, it means they have to still be manufactured and Schumacher have confirmed to him that they stopped making them years ago. This means there shouldn't be any arguments about tyres being legal on the day ;0)
Old 06-05-2014

So basically what he is saying is once the manufacturer stops making them you can't use them any more, I wonder if this applies to cars as well
Old 06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber View Post
So basically what he is saying is once the manufacturer stops making them you can't use them any more, I wonder if this applies to cars as well
And speedos, maybe the LRP SPX I use is now illegal But I am going to hang on to my 2 row studs that I have
Old 06-05-2014

Default commercially available

Alec is not quite right in his statement. the actual wording of the rule is,
The Rule covering this situation is 3.7 :-

3.7 ‘Commercially Available’ - Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th Off-Road Sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.
New versions of tyres/compounds or tyres that have not been produced within an acceptable time, as deemed by Section officials, that are therefore not easily available to all competitors may be disallowed.

in the case of two row studs they comply with the first part in that they were available and so could be used, however the second part of the rule acknowledges that the pool of tyres has dwindled to such an extent that they are no longer available to all and therefor are classed as no longer available.

there is no set time on when we would apply this rule for example if Schumacher was to stop producing stagger ribs today, it is likely they would remain in good numbers in shops and in racers pit boxes for a couple of years, if losi stopped making there stud tyre today then it is highly likely that there would be none in the shops and not many racers would have them, therefore they would quite quickly made illegal.
Old 06-05-2014

Arrow Get Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscoe4 View Post

Vote...👍👍👍👌👌👌👌
Come to the next AGM and you can vote dates of 2015 series.
Old 06-05-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
Alec is not quite right in his statement. the actual wording of the rule is,
The Rule covering this situation is 3.7 :-

3.7 ‘Commercially Available’ - Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th Off-Road Sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.
New versions of tyres/compounds or tyres that have not been produced within an acceptable time, as deemed by Section officials, that are therefore not easily available to all competitors may be disallowed.

in the case of two row studs they comply with the first part in that they were available and so could be used, however the second part of the rule acknowledges that the pool of tyres has dwindled to such an extent that they are no longer available to all and therefor are classed as no longer available.

there is no set time on when we would apply this rule for example if Schumacher was to stop producing stagger ribs today, it is likely they would remain in good numbers in shops and in racers pit boxes for a couple of years, if losi stopped making there stud tyre today then it is highly likely that there would be none in the shops and not many racers would have them, therefore they would quite quickly made illegal.
Cheers Mr John, i stand corrected, but the tyres are still classed as illegal ;0)
Old 06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
And speedos, maybe the LRP SPX I use is now illegal But I am going to hang on to my 2 row studs that I have
As i read it ..Speedos are open as its not a blinky class so no list chassis is fine aslong as it meets the weight and length/width

Im sure someone will clarify
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.C Raceway View Post
Come to the next AGM and you can vote dates of 2015 series.
I don't remember dates being discussed at the AGM, or did that happen after if went to work?

I do remember the point for pole being discussed and voted out at the AGM, but that didn't stop someone bitching about it after Herts
Old 07-05-2014

Talking AGM 's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I don't remember dates being discussed at the AGM, or did that happen after if went to work?

I do remember the point for pole being discussed and voted out at the AGM, but that didn't stop someone bitching about it after Herts
Quite right, dates were not fully discussed but a rough calender was out. Its just the AGM is everybodies opportunity to formulate the direction of the series for that year ahead. A forum for discussions on such matters. I do agree with racing on Sunday and free up BH,s.