Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 03-10-2016

Default Schumacher mini darts 2wd

Has anyone tried a set of these on a 2wd? Looking for info on grip levels and wear rate compared to yellow minipins and lp cut staggers.

Also, what inserts are in the pre-glued versions?
Old 03-10-2016

We used the new mini dart tyres at Batley Buggy Clubs points meeting at MB Models raceway last Sunday. It will be used as the rear control tyre at future meetings. On the EOS full carpet track there it performed excellently. Great grip and forward thrust without giving too much sideways grip to create grip roll. MB staff have tested it extensively and wear rate is much better than mini pins. Therefore, an excellent, long lasting tyre on a full carpet track. I believe that the inserts are medium.
Drivers who tried the mini dart on two wheel drive front didn't like them, those I spoke to, and reverted to cut staggers.
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 04-10-2016

They were pretty loose, front tyre choice is critical. New LP cut staggers on the front were too aggressive for 3 run old Darts. The first heat with new Darts and half worn cut staggers were brilliant, but fell off noticeably the next few heats.
Old 04-10-2016

I used them for the first time at batley on Sunday. The tyres were worn out by the end of the meeting but they did last the full meeting. Not sure how they compare to mini pins as I've not run there before but I suspect pins would wear a lot quicker. I ran them with new cut staggers on my XB2 and it was well balanced. I did buy some front darts but the grip was so good I never felt I needed them.

This is the wear after 6 x 5 minute runs.

IMG_6568.jpg

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 04-10-2016
Mad Member

Ran a set at Silverstone on the EOS carpet with my B6..

Definitely higher wear rates than the normal yellow pins and as has been said, went "off" noticeably after three heats..

Ended up going back to a 5 heat old set of pins and noticeably higher grip.
Old 05-10-2016

What's the purpose of them if yellow pins outperform them with better wear characteristics?
Old 05-10-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sx View Post
What's the purpose of them if yellow pins outperform them with better wear characteristics?
the cynic in me says "sales tactic"
Old 05-10-2016

Has anybody tried them on Astro yet? I wonder how they compare to mini spikes?

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 05-10-2016

not tried them yet, but they look just like the old Durango terra byte that did not seem to be as good as the mini pin on the rear, and gave over steer on the front due to the low aspect ratio compared to the LP staggers.
Odd choice to try and make a better tyre then the already superb mimi pin that is already a confirmed control tyre.
I would have thought a better mini spike with improved life would have been a better project.
Old 05-10-2016

I never thought they were short of grip. I'm pretty sure these would outlast mini pin 1's or 2's. Not sure on mininpin originals but I believe they've now been discontinued anyway. It's got to be worth trying them for yourself.

Old 05-10-2016

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

I ran the silver darts at kidderminster this weekend on a wet and greasy track,much better grip than ballistics greens and lasted the day even when parts of the track was drying they were still keeping grip,also tried the yellows on a near dry track and preferred them to mini spikes.
Old 05-10-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sx View Post
Trust me Yellow mini pin 1's do not last as long at these Darts on EOS carpet.
Mini pin originals do last longest, but good luck getting them now, as they are only being made for EOS this season, after minipin 1's proved not to last long enough at the last meeting.

I found that the yellow rubber compound on darts felt different to that of the other new tyres I had. Even compared with other brand new in packet tyres, it felt more plasticy.

I feel they will be a goto tyre on astro this next summer season, and will give far more forward drive and less side bite than both pins and spikes.
I was happy with the wear rate at Batley winter series on the EOS carpet, and while i will use new ones for the next round, the used ones are perfectly good for another club meeting.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-10-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
the cynic in me says "sales tactic"
Exactly what minipin 1's and 2's are. I've been stocking up on originals, as they last so much longer. In some situations and surfaces, 2's are one run tyres, which is a joke.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-10-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post
I ran the silver darts at kidderminster this weekend on a wet and greasy track,much better grip than ballistics greens and lasted the day even when parts of the track was drying they were still keeping grip,also tried the yellows on a near dry track and preferred them to mini spikes.
That's good feedback, and how i thought hey would work. I think silver darts will be perfect for the wet Batley Astro.
Old 05-10-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Exactly what minipin 1's and 2's are. I've been stocking up on originals, as they last so much longer. In some situations and surfaces, 2's are one run tyres, which is a joke.
You need my "driving miss daisy" style Neal. I can get a whole season out of a set of tyres

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 05-10-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Been a long time since I raced I assume my Losi xx would have using originals they came back to life when nearly bald used to love em lol
Old 06-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlandchris View Post
You need my "driving miss daisy" style Neal. I can get a whole season out of a set of tyres
He has Chris

Old 06-10-2016

They might work well for dry, high grip astro. But I get a full race day out of mini pins, and they have a more gradual "fall off" rate. The darts loss of traction was much more abrupt. They were gone by the final.
Old 06-10-2016
Legendary dude

Has anyone tried the blue compound on the EOS carpet the harder compound might not fall away as much as yellow?

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 07-10-2016
Mad Member

Usually .... Minipin 2s last really well at Seaham indoor club (4 weeks) and were the go to tyre.

A number of people tried Darts last week.

Different drivers preferrred different tyre combinations.

1) I preferred yellow minipin2 rears and lp cut stagger fronts. (Motor fwd, Shocks Fwd KF which needs good rear tyres)
2) Lee Freeman felt better on yellow Dart rears and lp cut stagger fronts. (Shocks on the back KF, maybe gained rotation from the Dart rears)
3) Kev Brewer felt yellow minipin2 rears and dart fronts with two rows cut off were the way to go.

I think the message from Seaham club was ... give them a try, different cars and drivers preferred different combos.