Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 03-12-2018

Default 2wd used buggy purchase

Thinking about a Yokomo YZ2 CA, Associated B6 or maybe a XB2?

I will be buying used so I won't be getting the later versions but would like your input on whether one is 'better' than the other?

Things important to me are ease of getting spare parts, simple to work on, lots of support still with setups even though they maybe 18-months old.

I've read the XB2 17 has a lack of steering and parts are expensive relatively speaking. Good quality and support. Easy to work on, diff out very easy...

YZ2 CA - Seems like a good quality kit, but there seems to be a few versions... DTM version and newer version 2... Is the CA non-2 version still supported and competitive?

AE B6. Seems like a middle ground kit. Good parts support and setup help etc. Very popular but I have had one.

I'm leaning towards the Yokomo YZ2 CA as it seems to just have the edge on fit and finish but just concerned with on going support etc...

Help...
Old 04-12-2018

I can't comment on the Xray, but I don't think you can go wrong with either a YZ-2 or a B6.

I personally run a YZ-2 DTM that's had a few bits fitted to bring it more or less inline with a CA (steering plates, gear diff). A good used CA would be just as effective, the differences are quite subtle. In terms of steering, it's got an extremely positive front end.

Spares are easy to get hold of for both cars, and there's loads of setups available. As usual, used prices are tanking because of the version 2 kits - which are really just minor upgrades. I picked up a YZ-2 CA purely for spares a few months ago for £100

Last edited by cjm_2008; 04-12-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-12-2018

Default 2wd Purchase

Have you considered a Kyosho at all!? They have recently brought out the RB7 which has made the previous car (RB6.6) pretty cheap to pick up second hand. The good thing here is a lot of the RB7 parts are the same / fit the RB6.6. So getting hold of spares isn’t an issue. If you get to a stage when you would look to upgrade, rather than shelling out on a new kit you can buy a conversion kit which turns the 6.6 into a 7.
I’ve found the support is great, there are fbook groups and all sorts where the team guys are always happy to help on setups and advice.

Worth considering IMO. I’m sure there isn’t a deal between all cars you have mentioned, it’s worth looking at what the others at your club run too!

Jonny
Old 04-12-2018

Yokomo YZ2 CA is a very good buggy in terms of fit and finish, it comes with many alloy hop ups out of the box and drives very well. Don't know where in the world you are located, but there is good support in the UK with MB models and Inside Line Models.
Still is a current model.
Old 04-12-2018

Just took the plunge on a YZ CA!

I'm in the UK and regular use MB Models so that is good to hear!
Old 04-12-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Nemo racing are now stocking all yokomo parts and will be trackside at most big meetings for setup and spares support
Old 04-12-2018

If I'm wearing my rose coloured xray spectacles then you can't go wrong with the quality of the product. All three cars that you've mentioned are good cars with plenty of part support. I suppose the way to view it is which car do you like the look of the most and which is better supported at the club's you race at in terms of help with setup and help with spares which you may not carry.