Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 19-09-2008

Default Need help

Hi all i am new here.
I am from Serbia and in our country RC all of kind is not populated like in your country.And i need some help!
Now will be winter and i have 1/10 scale truck electro.
I wanted to drive my truck on snow but i now it will get wet and it will broke
can nay1 help me and give some advice how to protect and what i need to protect ??how can i make tires for snow i have 4 new tires same as on truck.can any1 help me please !??
Thx
P.S:If any1 can help me and post some pictures how to do that think?
Old 19-09-2008
Administrator

Hi Stefan, welcome!

What sort of electrics are you using? brushed motors or brushless?
People often put balloons around the receiver when running in the wet. Some ESC's are 'waterproof' but still maybe a good idea to try seal it up - the problem is heat buildup though so I'm not sure how to go about that.
Brushed motors don't get as fussy with a bit of moisture - at least that's my experience, but brushless motors can go crazy with the slightest hint of moisture in the wrong place - so people tend to cover the end of the motor with some putty (blue tack it's called over here - but gum-like stuff that you use to stick posters on the wall, nothing permenant)

For the tyres, I've seen people put screws through the tyres but tbh I'd not recommend it - imagine one flying out at full speed! OUCH!!! not sure what to suggest there
Old 19-09-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Maybe a pair of paddle like tyres on the rear to give you traction. We dont get a great deal of snow in the UK unfortunatly.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 20-09-2008

hi again
thx for helping!
For tires i can put screws on it and glue it with some sort of plastic, that will
be ok , i think!
Now for all electronics i dont now what am i using motor i didnt change the motor it is original from the factory.i now i can but them in ballons but how,becase i must tight them on the car !here is pictures of my car! i think the pictures will help ! this car isnt "good" but for first time i think for me it si good !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3851-2_300.jpg (68.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1-10-mad-truck.jpg (98.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 22-09-2008

One thing I've seen people do is to put a layer of flexible plastic on the inside of the tire... then poke holes out the tire with thumb tacks. This gives excellent traction on ice.

For snow... I would use Panther Paddles. If the truck is 2WD, get a set of Panther Razors to go along with the Paddles. Lots of good snow action with the panther tires on youtube.