Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 01-06-2013
Administrator

Default Original RC10 re-release

Associated have confirmed a re-release of the original rc10 gold pan car. Using the same photo with prototype parts as they did back in the day - the actual car will likely look a little different to the photo.

Having the pleasure of owning two new build gold tub cars myself, I have to wonder what the price on these will be and how limited the number will be. My last new boxed kit was missing 3 wheels and some turnbuckles but it cost $15. Around 12 years ago someone was selling original boxed rc10's on ebay, loads of them, and they fetched good money at first, for the desperate collectors. In the end they were going for $100-$150usd

These things are surely damn nice to have in your collection if you're a collector - but I have to wonder how big the market is for the car. Still - people are moving back to scale cars in numbers - and a buggy that looks like a buggy is never a bad thing. I'll be saving my pennies for one, that's for sure.
Old 02-06-2013
Banned

Confirmed - http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2013...original-rc10/

I can't wait to see people fight trying to get a 6-gear tranny to work, and then find out how miserable these cars were in comparison.
Old 02-06-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Would have preferred a stealth rerelease,
Old 02-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Would have preferred a stealth rerelease,
The stealth gearbox is coming out later Mark, chassis will be pre-drilled ;-)
Old 02-06-2013
Administrator

Any guesses on price? I'd like to say under £200, if it's a lot more then theres a tiny market.
Will it come with wiperboard and croc clips for charging?
Boxed, well, its new so the value to me is a built shelf queen - unless it's cheap enough to be raced, in which case I think some strictly controlled special class would be great. But spares etc, it could never happen I don't think.
Old 02-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rumours are around $250 Jimmy
Old 02-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Any guesses on price? I'd like to say under £200, if it's a lot more then theres a tiny market.
Will it come with wiperboard and croc clips for charging?
Boxed, well, its new so the value to me is a built shelf queen - unless it's cheap enough to be raced, in which case I think some strictly controlled special class would be great. But spares etc, it could never happen I don't think.
be great to have them running in a class of they're own. stock class limited to 13.5t
Old 02-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
But spares etc, it could never happen I don't think.
Spares have never been much of a problem and Associated have said there will be spares backup. The RC10 Protech and Viper bodies have always been available from Associated and it was only when Thunder Tiger took over that the last original spares finally disappeared.

I suspect JC will have a sudden surge in demand for their 2.2" RC10 wheels that are still in production, as well as the MIP CVDs.
Old 02-06-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Spares have never been much of a problem and Associated have said there will be spares backup. The RC10 Protech and Viper bodies have always been available from Associated and it was only when Thunder Tiger took over that the last original spares finally disappeared.

I suspect JC will have a sudden surge in demand for their 2.2" RC10 wheels that are still in production, as well as the MIP CVDs.
Having done this 13 years ago, order direct, yep it was no problem for plastics. It's all gone afaik.
$250 or £200 and I would be tempted. I already have a lovely original 6gear so a shelf or boxed car really ain't interesting to me. But I'd happily incorporate a strict rc10 class into all our races. None of yer long front arms, mip steering or mip gearboxes or hyperdrives or tekin mid conversions or trailing suspension conversions etc. Box standard with a reasonable motor 17.5 or 13.5.

It would have a very limited appeal as a nostalgic re-re because those that want them, have them.
Old 02-06-2013
Administrator

Spares wise, ive looked for 13 years for some gold shock caps for my ce2
Old 02-06-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
The stealth gearbox is coming out later Mark, chassis will be pre-drilled ;-)
Meant the later kit in black
Old 02-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
$250 or £200 and I would be tempted.
Tower are listing it at $250 for preorders

Quote:
It would have a very limited appeal as a nostalgic re-re because those that want them, have them.
You would think so, I'm the same in that I'm not that interested in one as I already have a couple that get run hard and I still race the CE on the odd occasions I race 2wd buggy.

But there are loads of people who for some reason won't buy an original even though if you look hard enough you can get a runner for £50-60 because they only want an NIB one which means expensive, and they can't order spares easily. These are happy to pay for the rerelease.
Old 02-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Awesome.

Never had one as a kid - could never afford it

Hope they are 'reasonable' money this time around.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 02-06-2013

I think I'll buy one to race stock class in.....just to be different
Old 02-06-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Tower are listing it at $250 for preorders

You would think so, I'm the same in that I'm not that interested in one as I already have a couple that get run hard and I still race the CE on the odd occasions I race 2wd buggy.

But there are loads of people who for some reason won't buy an original even though if you look hard enough you can get a runner for £50-60 because they only want an NIB one which means expensive, and they can't order spares easily. These are happy to pay for the rerelease.

If that translates to £200 or less it'll be a winner. I must say I have a nib DEX210 but the next newest nib buggy I have is probably something like an intruder addonis.
I'd be well up for integrating a proper rc10 class into our races - keeping it controlled and not too fast (6 gear-box is a bit crap after all) so people can enjoy a bit of old school fun.
AE confirmed there will be full support and parts so it seems like they'd happily see these being raced.

Just need proline to release some 1.5inch (or whatever they are) high profile holeshots for the RHR dirt track.
Old 02-06-2013
Administrator

If it's supported and if people will stick to a set of rules to make racing properly even - then I'd really like to see an rc10 class. I'd race it.
Old 02-06-2013

Well for an old man with an 40-year crisis i might do the trick
I raced one of these with a reedy stockmotor and sanyo scr:s
Good times it must have been around 1984? Looong time ago
Old 02-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
If it's supported and if people will stick to a set of rules to make racing properly even - then I'd really like to see an rc10 class. I'd race it.
I want to get one to race, stock 13.5 (or 17.5), blinky mode ESC, one make class. would love that. I'll be ordering one anyway and will run it. not bothered about shelfqueens or nib. its made to be raced.

Had a go of an old one recently in Cullingworth, and it was ace. Really drivable on the slippy floor, with a 27turn stock motor.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-06-2013
Banned

Quote:
Having done this 13 years ago, order direct, yep it was no problem for plastics. It's all gone afaik.
$250 or £200 and I would be tempted. I already have a lovely original 6gear so a shelf or boxed car really ain't interesting to me. But I'd happily incorporate a strict rc10 class into all our races. None of yer long front arms, mip steering or mip gearboxes or hyperdrives or tekin mid conversions or trailing suspension conversions etc. Box standard with a reasonable motor 17.5 or 13.5.

$250USD -or- £165 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDPNE&P=7

If you're going to make "a class" for them, then how about a 21.5 class - so their speed is more representative to the old reedy blue-labels, and you don't have people blowing up a 6-gear every week.
Old 03-06-2013
Administrator

I'm sure it'll be a lot more than £165 for us poor Europeans - but £200 would be nice. Car is supposed to come out late summer in the shops so we'll see. Love to run a class alongside all our races, not just a 'feature' race but some proper heats of spec racing with strict as heck rules
I'd be well up for racing such a goldtub class if everyone is the same speed and its some close fun racing.