Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 25-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo
Default Why did you sell your Losi 22?

With the excitement of the launch and the period following, I've noticed a rash of 22s for sale here. Some have been for time or economic reasons, but some have been, for whatever reason, because the seller hadn't got on with the car. As a recent addition to the sport, I'm guessing this is common with new chassis releases - every car has its quirks and nuances.

I myself like the look of the car - beefy yet sleek, lots of potential. I just wanted to know the story behind some of these sales, to get an idea where things didn't go so well?

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 25-04-2011

+1

for sure with all the hype around it's release, everybody expected too much...to be a second quicker with the 22... and many were disappointed.
But the differences are not that big between the top cars anymore.
I will agree with colmo that I see the car has great potential but needs some tweeks from the stock setup as I feel it is over damped for dirt tracks at least.Other than that the car looks GREAT!

I also find it odd to see all these harsh comments and sales...
Old 25-04-2011

some people just ant giving the car a chance to find a good setup ??
Old 25-04-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

There are great differences between chassis of the top marques, in how they handle and what not, I am lucky to own a 22 and a 201X, some tracks the 22 is faster, others the 201X is faster.

With the 22 I bought, the seller couldn't fit their electrics in.
Old 25-04-2011

I have also been woundering why there are so many for sale.
I have a 22 im no expert but i think with a few tweaks here and there it is a good car. Fer enough it is rear end twitchy but im sure losi are working on somthing to help prevent this.

Personally i think it could/is a good car.
Old 25-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I love my 22. after 5years of a B4ft that I loved, and 2 months of a cougar, that I hated with a vengance

BUT I run mine rear motor, mid motor looks one hell of a squeeze to fit stuff in, the ones I have seen in mid (just about all) are like any mid motor, great when the grip is all there, but on low traction surfaces setup can be a bit of a nightmare.

If you have come from a B4 like me, the 22 in rear motor is a nice change, but in mid

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 25-04-2011

In mid motor my car is awesome really easy to drive with a rear end more locked in than my b4 or x6. My local track(batley buggy club) is like an ice rink. Yet my car performs really well!! Despite my average driving!!
Only accessories needed for this were different springs front and rear. And a 4.5 hrc block and squat plates. This came to a total of £30. Bargain!!
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 25-04-2011

Those that don't get on with it haven't spent enough time with it, the set-up is in there, and you need to build it carefully.
Old 25-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

People don't always give the cars a lot of time to setup and get running right. When you get a company like Losi releasing a car some people expect it to work 100% out of the box. I think it has a lot of potential and will only get better with time. (I don't run one by the way).
Old 25-04-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Im a huge losi fan but im struggling with the 22 at the moment, the car is very unpredictable and hard to push... Im going to stick with it and playimg with setups...

Im also running an ansmann x2c which has been brilliant with a base set up, so much easier to push than the the 22...

Patience is key though and im sure the 22 will come good!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 25-04-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Well at Caldicot on Friday...the highest 22, was running in rear motor format. For me, this seemed to make his car handle very well, quite stable I thought.

However, I don't think it is running anywhere near as well as people had thought, mainly due to nowhere near enough setup information as of yet. It will take 12 months to sort I reckon, bring on next year..who knows?
Old 25-04-2011

Cracking Car to drive , the handling and high speed cornering is great, very stable and so predictable, is a little boring but in a good sense/
I also race a cougar sv and they both have pro and cons, but the 22 is considerably cheaper and just as quick if you play with set up. The car lacks low speed rotation and takes forever to navigate around tight hairpins. This will be resolved with further set up changes. My club results show the car is already popular at our club and proving very consistent to all that drive it.

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/result...mtg67/f2r1.htm
Old 25-04-2011
Mad Member

Buyers remorse

Some people get caught up in the excitement of a new launch, stretch themselves too far to buy the best new thing and then regret it when it's sitting on their desk at home after the box had been opened.

Me and my son have a new 22 each and we love them. The 22 is to us much better than our Cougar SV's but we weren't 100% happy day one with the 22, we had to buy some extra bits to get them to work for us (HRC blocks and springs) but so what, that is what a new car is about. These cars need very little to get them to work and the parts are affordable.

You might have to work at it for a while and find a setup that works for you and if you don't then ask yourself why. It could be that you are holding on to what you are used to and it might make you a better driver in the long run to let go and to learn a new way of driving.
Old 25-04-2011

All cars have issues when they are first released boys and girls. The 201 has its weak idle gear, b4 has its fragile front end, the cougar had is gearbox....no car is perfect out of the box. All these companies have great product and support, it all works out in the end

Apart from my old Kyosho Lazer zx-r, I love working on, and driving my Schumachers. Its got the quality I like and easy to work on. I got good mojo with them

I believe its all about the mojo. If you don't like building and working on a car, find a car that you do like, the fast laps will follow. I really don't see anything wrong with people buying a car trying it and then selling it t'ill they find a ride they are comfortable with.
Old 25-04-2011

I really like my 22 after only been racing for 8 months using a b4 the move was a welcome change as i'm lapping quicker and feel i can push the car more than my associated. I'm still learning every week and running pretty much stock but as everyone has said there is a lot of potential with some good set up tips etc i'm sure i'll be happy for a long time to come
Old 25-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
All cars have issues when they are first released boys and girls. The 201 has its weak idle gear, b4 has its fragile front end, the cougar had is gearbox....no car is perfect out of the box. All these companies have great product and support, it all works out in the end

Apart from my old Kyosho Lazer zx-r, I love working on, and driving my Schumachers. Its got the quality I like and easy to work on. I got good mojo with them

I believe its all about the mojo. If you don't like building and working on a car, find a car that you do like, the fast laps will follow. I really don't see anything wrong with people buying a car trying it and then selling it t'ill they find a ride they are comfortable with.
I think you are totally right, you need a car to be comfortable with or you won´t go fast!

I like my 22 a lot! At the moment my car is a mess!!! It handles so nice (building, tuning and driving), but i´m not good at wiring -.-

TLR 22 "1.0"
Old 26-04-2011

Funny, the OP asked why did you sell your car and 16 posts later not one person that sold a car replies
Old 26-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

probably because they are to busy fixing there cars

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 26-04-2011

I sold mine because I wanted to learn to drive
Old 26-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley@BMM View Post
I sold mine because I wanted to learn to drive
We'll count that as an economic reason...though at the current cost of fuel, investment in a good bike is not a bad idea...! I could put nearly half a 22 into my tank in one fill :S (we have a petrol prices thread, so I'll leave it there)

I was looking for specific reasons folks didn't take to the car, be it reliability, difficulty to work on, can't nail down a setup etc.?

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...