Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
if you read it properly you would see "i dont use my phone while i marshal but if it rings im ment to ignore it or get a panalty"

am i ment to tell the kids to stay in bed all day and not move because im going racing

i know using a mobile is a problem but baning is wrong,i will agree a penalty because if its that important that the phone is answered then i for one wouldnt be bothered about a penalty
Do what everybody else would do, and ring back when you have finished marshalling, 5 minute isn't exactly a long time. If your phone starting ringing during your race, would you stop your car, put your transmitter down and answer it? I think not....

I would like to know however, Why would your kids need to stay in bed all day just because they can't contact you for 10 minute out of every hour or so?

Anyway, we are getting off topic here now! The point is, you have an obligation at a race meeting to marshall after your race to the best of your abilities. As someone said earlier this should be "Marshall others as you wish to be marshalled yourself" Now would you wish to be marshalled by someone on there phone? ... No! so don't do it to others.

We can all appreciate people have different things going off at home, but they are YOUR/OUR problems and should be kept off track, they are not the persons day you have just ruined problems. I myself at West Bridgford was waiting for a phone call to say that my partner had gone into labour, but i certainly didn't check my phone while marshalling at all, and if it had rung, I would have waited until the race had finished before I called her back.

Old 09-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Do what everybody else would do, and ring back when you have finished marshalling, 5 minute isn't exactly a long time. If your phone starting ringing during your race, would you stop your car, put your transmitter down and answer it? I think not....

I would like to know however, Why would your kids need to stay in bed all day just because they can't contact you for 10 minute out of every hour or so? Surely there is somebody at home that is more than capable of caring for your kids or they are old enough to be home on there own, if not then why are you at a race meeting?
because children dont bounce,my wife is more the capable THANKS and as you will find out your children are more important than anything,

like i keep saying "I DONT USE MY PHONE" and the chances of something happening in the 10 mins is slim,there a some 70 people racing so the chances are at some point it will happen to somone........i will say it again incase its not clear

"I DONT USE MY PHONE"

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
because incase you didnt know children dont bounce,my wife is more the capable THANKS and because as you will hopfully find out if you are not to busy racing rather than being at the birth your children are more important than anything,

like i keep saying "I DONT USE MY PHONE" and the chances of something happening in the 10 mins is slim,there a some 70 people racing so the chances are at some point it will happen to somone........i will say it again incase its not clear

"I DONT USE MY PHONE"
I would never be too busy to be at the birth of my own child thank you very much!! West bridgford is only a few minutes from home that's why I went racing this weekend. The week before I cancelled my National weekend to be at home just incase! Iam quite aware of how important kids are thankyou I do have one already! So do many other racers!

I don't understand why you are getting so defensive lol you said "if my phone rings should I ignore it and get a penalty" so I said do what everyone else would do and call back when your marshalling is done! I was just very confused to as why your kids would need to stay in bed and not move just because you are going racing and have to have a 10 minute gap of when you couldn't answer the phone lol and what kids not bouncing has to do with it I don't know! But hey, leave you with that one

Old 09-06-2011

I think the point is that you dont mind getting a penalty if your phone rings and you answer it, which is fine, but if you are marshalling at the time it could spoil someone elses run, which shows a bit of an "I'm alright Jack" attitude
Old 09-06-2011

@ Reg : my point wasnt that you yourself do or dont use your phone when racing, my argument here (which is now getting off topic) is that it is unacceptable for marshalls to be using thier phones during a race.. BRCA rule 16.5 Marshalls must have thier hands free at all times kinda says you cant use your phone or smoke (as someone has mentioned) during a race... so back to your point reg, if your phone rings during your heat, do you stop to answer it? if the answer here is yes, then do you think you should be racing (i dont disagree that your kids shouldnt be the most important thing to you in the world) but there is plenty of time between rounds to call them back. I'm on call most weekends but my phone is ignored for the 12 minutes i'm racing/marshalling for..

@Tel we have had this conversation at every regional so far, you've had it far worse than me (i've only suffered this once...you seam to have it each time!) so lets hope this topic makes people aware that as a marshall you have an obligation to marshall fellow competitors in the way you yourself would like to be marshalled. Quickly and safely.....

@Charlie....is there actually any rules relating to mobiles in the track confines?
Old 09-06-2011

Default mobiles

can't believe we are having this conversation.
how rude or ignorant can somebody be that they feel the need to use their phone whilst marshalling! if your life is that important perhaps you should look for another hobby.
as a minimum i would expect people's phones to be on silent whilst racing and marshalling.
mine goes in my hauler and stays there for the day. i can hardly manage to cope without any distractions, never mind a phone going off in my pocket whilst racing.
as a mobile phone both transmitts and receives signals i would have thought that they would not be allowed within the confines of a track any way.
looks as though this is something else that needs clarifying.
going to be a long drivers briefing this sunday!
Old 09-06-2011

There is no specific rule re use of mobiles within the track confines but rule 16.5 as you say requires that marshals "must have their hands free". This for me, covers the issue.

If this situation arose at a National (ie marshal on the phone, eating sandwiches, rolling a fag etc) it would certainly result in a penalty from the ref.

Regards.
Old 09-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
I would never be too busy to be at the birth of my own child thank you very much!
i did edit that as it was a bit below the belt so im sorry for that

back to my point,it is wrong to use a mobile while you are ment to be marshaling I AGREE but i dont see that banning them is an option........

but then i feel a don jolly coming on on sunday

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 09-06-2011

least this is back on track although i dont think it needs to go any further... we all seem to agree that marshalling is below par in our region... we are a freindly lot so lets show as a region how meeting should be run so any new racers that join us learn from the best!!
Old 09-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I wont be racing at the weekend Bri, I'll be sunning myself in cornwall!
So let me know what is said at drivers briefing, I'm interested to know what is said.
Old 09-06-2011

Default marshalls

you are all getting carried away at the end of the day its a hobby not f1 and dont crash ive heard lots off peoples moans about it. CHILL DUDES
Old 09-06-2011

if you've heard lots of people moan about it then its obviously and issue that needs to be addressed... so my rant wasnt in vain...yes we went slightly off topic but it came back round in the end...

as for dont crash... i agree 100%, it was my mistake on sunday... i was 3rd, rolled it, expected to be marshalled after the field had gone through, not 3/4 of a lap down when the marshall realised i was on my roof....

lets put this to bed now, hopefully nathan will say something about it on sunday and we will have a good days racing at grantham...
Old 09-06-2011
Mad Member

Old 10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Not half !!
Old 10-06-2011

Marshalling is the only form of exercise i get nowadays. So keep crashing to keep my thin .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 10-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes j. View Post
Marshalling is the only form of excersize i get nowadays. So keep crashing to keep my thin .
same here lol...

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.