Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 07-02-2015

Default Apex Models - Awesome Customer Service

Morning oOplers,

Praise when praise is due.

Yesterday evening I was tinkering with my car, looking forward to racing on Sunday, when I found a damaged part. I thought I might be able to save it but it was goosed and would have stopped me racing.

In a panic, being as its now 16.50pm, the usual place I would use didn't have any but a Google search showed Apex Models had one in stock.

I was slightly wary as I've read bad service reviews on here of Apex regarding shadow stock etc but I phoned them at 16.55pm. The chap I talked to couldn't have been more helpful. Even advised me against spending more money on Saturday post suggesting a 1st class signed for would get to me at the same time in most cases.

He was correct, It arrived this morning, perfect. So as they were all looking forward to going home themselves they got the part out, packaged it and got it to the post office for me, not a loyal regular customer, just a guy phoning up, in a panic, needing a part. I will now be racing on Sunday.

Thank you very much Apex Models. Absolutely first class customer service, I will be using them again and I would recommend anyone else do the same.

Regards, Andy.
Old 07-02-2015

Well I orderd a part Thursday night and it will not be posted until Monday.
Great service there when you needed it for Sunday. Don't think I will be using them again
Old 07-02-2015

I've used Apex since the days of ordering parts for my B3 over the telephone as using the internet on a modem was dire. Before that it was a case of ringing all the model shops listed in the back of Racer or Radio Race Car.

Sometimes it wasn't next day, but Apex were always great to deal with.

These days, I use many model shops, local and internet based it makes the world go round and I don't think it's ever been as easy to find what you need.
Old 07-02-2015
Mad Member

Credit to them for sorting you out but unfortunately there service is usually pretty crap and a lot of racers won't use them because of this.
Old 07-02-2015

If your ordering reactively and you require it next day then look alsewhere or just phone them up. If you are being proactive and have time to spare then use them, they are generally the cheapest and are a great bunch of people in person.
Old 07-02-2015

Fair comments from others peoples experiences but as I say guys, perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt and give them another go.

Can't comment about the online ordering but calling them up, the impression I got was a team of guys who couldn't do enough to help.

The reason for the thread is people, me included, are very quick to post when something goes wrong, so fair being fair, I thought I had to give credit as due.
Old 07-02-2015
Mad Member

I ordered a set of ae big bore shock bodys boxing day, nothing turned up by the 4th jan, sent a message an they said its packed up ready to get sent out the same day or at least the next. Messaged again around the 9th as still no delivery to be told again, they are due to be posted today, asked for a refund an bought some from MB Models. Being told they are packaged and ready to be sent out an then not for about 5 days has put me off using them again
Old 07-02-2015

I made a small order last sunday, I piad for 1st class delivery as I needed it for Tuesday. It wasn't posted out on the Monday so I sent them an email to cancel the order and by 9 o'clock the next day they have refunded me. There good in some ways but bad in others.

I've heard from a few people that they are taking their time sending thing so I'm staying clear for a while.
Old 07-02-2015
Mad Member

Shadow stock = Stuff the brand hasn't even ordered from their manufacturer yet.

I'm out
Old 07-02-2015

I've always had great service from Apex. They aren't always the fastest to get stuff shipped when ordering through their site (my orders have arrived between 3 and 6 days of ordering - pretty much the same as JEModels, but then they are run under the same banner now IIRC), but the stuff always arrives well packed, in perfect order and their advice & help has always been great.
Old 07-02-2015

Default dMS supereb service

ordered an rcs chassis skin for my sons 44.3 and while on the phone i asked if they had a saddle battery cradle for the same car as i have lost one, but they didn't have one in stock, but the guy in the shop sold me his out of a 44.2 kit and it came the next day, means we can race this weekend
absolute brilliant service
Old 07-02-2015

Default Wrong postcode

Ordered a kf shorty conversion bodyshell on line and had a brain fade and put in right address but old postcode! Got a call from apex a few days later saying parcel had been returned.after figuring out reason they sent out again free of charge even though I had been the idiot. Top blokes!
Old 07-02-2015
Mad Member

Hmmm. I have to say, I've been using Apex since the mid '90s when I used to spend most my wages on parts for Pred week in week out. Still use them now, although less so as my rc hobby is more widespread than simply racing.

The postage issues can be a bit hit or miss and the webby isn't that great but still, we do tend to be a bit impatient in this modern age don't we? I'm guilty of this myself. It seems an age ago now that I would actually ring the shop, tell them what I wanted, then ask for a quote on postage, then write a letter to them with a cheque attached abd have to wait for it to clear before I was sent my parts, it would usually be only a week or so though.

I think we would do well to just ring the shop and make like JR Hartley.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 01-05-2015

Placed an order last Friday night, only for a cable and some clutchbell bearings (so didn't expect anything to happen til Monday) both items was, according to the website in stock, sent an email chasing and a message on their Facebook page, not a peep, finally get a dispatch notice today

Last edited by stumpiey; 03-05-2015 at 05:19 AM. Reason: auto correct error
Old 01-05-2015

I ordered a t-shirt with apex models on the Friday week later it come and that was in stock and sent first class !!
Old 01-05-2015

Its a sad thing to say but i will never use apex again , ordered a part they had two of in stock confirmed by a phone call , payed for item 6 days later message to say part was now in post , phoned them , sorry but your part is in the post.. offered my postage back ... Is this the way to treat customers ... :
Old 01-05-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Same here. I ordered on 25/04/15 and as yet zilch, nil, zero, naff all, completely nothing, nowt, piff poff poof, nilpua. I wont buy nothing from them again.

It reminds me of a Craig David song........

7 days...

I order springs last Saturday, nothing came on Sunday,Monday,Tuesday I chilled on Wednesday. Nothing on Thursday, Friday or Saturday we made love on Sunday.

OOOOOOH Can I get a REEEEEEEEEEWIND or REEEEEEEEEFUND !!!!!!!

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****
Old 01-05-2015

Same as others here, I ordered an arm reamer via their eBay store which said 2 in stock, needed desparatell to build a kit and it tool over a week to arrive and I paid the higher delivery cost too. I had an email after I chased it saying despatch today or tomorrow but it was another couple of days after that when it finally was sent. Once sent it arrived next day.

Just a lack of communication and slow despatch times at a time I needed promptness. Not overly enthralled by them but hey I got the part in the end.
Old 02-05-2015

I'm a big fan of Apex (and JE) - whenever i have needed something they have managed to sort me out and in double quick time. This is a mixture of online and going in in person.

They have bent over backwards so I could make a regional before now when I broke the part on a Thursday evening and needed it for the following Sunday.

I believe they do get a large volume of low quantity orders and sometimes, like all dispatch lines, there will be peaks and troughs, so maybe some of you have been caught in a peak of orders. I dunno.

But I rarely use anyone else
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 03-05-2015

in this day and age if on the website it says it's in stock, people expect it to go the next working day.

Maybe if they enlisted some communication skills it would help resolve most peoples issues

oh and kelk, remind me who owns the club you race at ?