Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC > For sale

Old 06-11-2019

Default Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid Special (rare)

Hi Guys

For sale is what I believe is a Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid Special (TOMS) which is very rare and with a few upgraded parts.

I bought this (with another TOMS) over 15 years ago to add to my extensive collection and intended to use as a shelf queen (needing new body, wing and tyres and original wheels). I have over 70 RC cars (mostly vintage 4wd buggies) and have to be realistic that I’m not getting around to restore this lovely rare car, so I’m having a bit of a clear out so have decided to let some of my collection go to find new homes where I hope they will be enjoyed.

Of what I can tell, it is a rare Turbo Optima Mid Special (with the FRP saddle pack LWB chassis) and looks like it has upgraded Kyosho Option House Platinum Shocks fitted. I not sure what the previous owner had in mid with the wheels and tyres and obviously a bit patriotic with the body J (I believe the wheels are the later Kyosho Lazer wheels – I could be wrong), these wheels can easily be changed for the correct ones with the off road tyres front and rear.

The overall condition is quite good with hardly any scratches on the underside of the chassis, there is some surface rust on some of the screws and UJ drive shafts but that can be easily cleaned or replaced (please remember this car is now near 30 years old). Also it needs a good clean and ideally a strip down and restoration.

I have noticed the following potential issues to be perfect.

The front Shock tower mount looks cracked at the top so probably would need replacing, my other TOMS had a much stronger looking Aluminium version fitted so this is probably a known issue. (please see pics).

Some of the chassis screws look proud of the chassis on the bottom so I believe that they will need to be replaced with flush fitting countersunk screws etc. One of the steering mounts looks loose but probably needs a correct size bolt/ screw (hence screws mentioned above).

Please see the photos for the overall condition of the car and its parts before biding, I'm not an expert on these rare cars or have used this car at all so please refer to the photos for details.

There are a few parts missing of what I can tell such as the rear wing mounts/ a new body shell/ undertray and wing but I believe replacements can be sourced online.

This would be a great addition to any collector of these cars and are very rare, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133235817311

Last edited by warhead3000; 07-01-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2019

Default Reduce and back up 1 day on ebay!!!

Hi Guys

Reduced £225 for quick sale

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133237821401

Last edited by warhead3000; 14-11-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 23-11-2019

Default SOLD

This now sold