Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 28-03-2009

Default Leverton Raceway new web site

Hi all our old domain name has run out so we have a new web address
leverton-raceway.co.uk
All the details of the new off road track plus the new 2009 calendar

https://sites.google.com/site/levertonraceway/home
Old 30-03-2009

The nice chaps who run Leverton have put a lot of effort into the new off-road track and it certainly shows. I had a little test on it the other day with my b4, although it's not completely finished you can tell that it is going to be one hell of a track. So get yourselves down there on April 26th for the first meeting on the new track!!!
Old 30-03-2009

Default april 26th

track does indeed look fantastic
good to have another permanent track in the mid east

but why choose the 26th
1st date on the regional calender
can't be good for numbers or the region
cheers andy
Old 31-03-2009
Mad Member

Remember guys to send your details though so we can add them to the club section of me-or.

Shame about the regional clash guys. I reckon if you do want a good tunr out for the first meeting you should really re-consider changing the date of it.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 03-04-2009

Hi Guys thanks for the praise on the track its nice to know the effort is appreciated. Yes we do know the first meeting clashes with the first round of Mid East but there is nothing we can do due to the hall booked before we got the dates . I hope to see you at the track soon
Many Thanks

Old 03-04-2009

Not to come on strong or anything but.... It is kind of an unwritten understanding that no club events are scheduled for the same date as a Regional Event!

This is the same as scheduling a Regional Event on a National Series date - it's just not done guys, it's not polite and it is not good for regional relations - what if Leverton wish to run a Regional event? How many Nottingham boys do you think will be up for coming?

The 26th April is a long way away so I would suggest in the interests of harmony that Leverton club re-schedule their first meeting. If in any doubt have a word with Jim Balls the Regional Rep who I am sure will confirm the above.
Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section
Old 03-04-2009

Hi From the start our calendar is set with no regard for other events if we did this then there would be no dates in our calendar. We have to work with the hall bookings regular events and one off bookings are made for the hall well in advance. Also we run touring cars at the same track if we were to do the same there would be no point in having a club. Our club is not interested in holding a Regional, we were asked if we wanted to and declined. The track, both touring car and the new off road is for our local drivers. As for a re-schedule it is not possible even if we wanted to due to the hall being booked

Old 03-04-2009

This is not the place to debate this issue, so I will take the matter up privately with the Leverton Club Chairman who's address I will obtain from the Leverton BRCA Club affiliation.
The reason why I will do this is that it concerns an important point of principle. The Broxtowe Regional event on the 26th April is an official BRCA Sactioned event as described and allowed for in the BRCA handbook 2009. To hold a club event as Leverton propose within the region on the same date undermines this BRCA Championship and therefore serves to undermine the BRCA as an organisation who's constitution and rules the Leverton Club have undertaken to uphold.
As to the 26th April Leverton meeting, if it is also for touring cars the solution is simple. Cancel the Off-Road element of the meeting.
Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.
Old 05-04-2009

Default dates

Hi

In my last post I tried to explain , Not very well, the reason our club has limited dates so here’s another go at it.
Due to the hall bookings, we use the hall for the pitting area and to allow the use of the car park we are unable to miss all other club events . Our dates are set well in advice to get as many dates in as possible and these dates were sorted out before the regional’s were published .We try to fit in with the local clubs in the Boston area but they do run on Fridays and Saturdays we run on Sundays so there is no real problem .This is the only way we can set our calendar.
As for the unwritten rule about not holding club meetings on regional events we were not aware of this. For next year will hold setting our calendar until the regional dates have been published
We did manage, by luck to leave 4 tracks who were hosting regional’s clear. This did leave 4 dates we could not avoid.
As the club has a small number of local drivers , also the off road is new for this season, so most of the off road racers are new to this side of racing and may be they will wish to do regional’s next season.
There is a possibility that on 26 April we will run 4WD only we are unable to move this date. Also we will do the same with the 9 August and run 2WD only . Again we are unable to move this date
There is a chance that there may be a couple of cancellations at the hall which may allow us to move two dates 7 June and the 9 August but this is subject to what dates are available.
I hope this clear up any misunderstanding that may have arisen.

Old 05-04-2009

"Our club is not interested in holding a Regional, we were asked if we wanted to and declined"

Hmmmmm, as I'm the Regional Rep for Mid East I guess you must have been ask by another region to hold an event as I certainly havn't ask !!

Jim Balls
BRCA 1/10th Off Road Mid East Regional Rep
Old 05-04-2009

PM'd