Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 26-01-2014

Default Other cars to be re relised ???

With the arrival off the Rc10 classic and now the worlds. Do you think any others will be put back into production from team associated or any one else ??

Or would this kill off the vintage scene ?
Old 26-01-2014
Mad Member

I don't think AE will release any more old cars but maybe some of the other manufacturers will given the interest that there is in the retro/vintage racing now.
Old 26-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I hope Schumacher re-release the Couger 2 Works. I pray every night. COME ON SCHUMACHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-01-2014

I thank more companies will ! We all like being a kid again
Old 26-01-2014
Mad Member

Can't think of many other cars that would have quite the same world wide market appeal.

The tamiya rough rider/sand scorcher were special csrs because they were the first really popular off road cars that were raced in significant numbers - when I started racing that was really all there was so there are plenty of peolpe who raced them back then and wanted a retro one.

The rc10 was a significant advancement in off road cars - it made a lot of the other cars around at the time look like toys. That plus the fact it seemed to be so sucessful over such a long time scale. Oh yeah, it is american so a huge home market.

There have been loads of great schumacher cars but not sure they would have quite the same world wide appeal. Maybe the original CAT but not sure how many peolpe would have the patience to build one

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 26-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
I don't think AE will release any more old cars
Well an RC1 or early RC12 would be cool....

but yeah slim chance of that happening
Old 26-01-2014

I think losi xx and yokomo yz10
Old 26-01-2014

Default losi

Didnt losi lose a lot of old equipment in a fire? Im sure i read about it in an american magazine.
I would love a jrx2 re release. I used to love the look of it but couldnt persuade my parents to get me one.
And an original schumacher cat and topcat (i would like to see some subtle improvements like tamiya have done, on the known weaker parts).
I was reading on another site that schumacher havent kept their old moulds and tooling, and a re release would be expensive to produce. Im not sure how true that is though.
I do think they would sell a lot if they did produce them.
Old 26-01-2014

I would imagine or hope to see an RC10T at some time, it would be the next logical step from what work they have already done. AE/TT had to start from scratch with the Re-Re, as they had no moulds or tooling from the original and this must be applauded.

Can't ever see Losi reproducing the JRX as they don't see it as viable, which is a shame. Tamiya, Yokomo or Kyosho would be the more likely to reproduce something, but imagine it would be early stuff, Yokomo are doing the 834B.

Would like to see Schumacher do something, the obvious been the original Cougar. Although I'd love to see them do a Cat XLS, with them doing new parts for all the bits we had to upgrade
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.
Old 26-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm pretty sure Associated claimed for years an RC10 re-re was impossible so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. I think they claimed lack of the old tooling too.
In any case there are companies in China who seem to make a knock off of the latest cars with no real difficulty so I think anything could be produced if people really wanted it!

But aside from the JRX-2 I can't think of anything truly iconic that people would really want today. I'd love a CAT or YZ870c but I'm not sure I'd want the hassle of keeping them running - they aren't as low maintenance as modern cars. I suppose a Optima might be interesting.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 26-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
Didnt losi lose a lot of old equipment in a fire? Im sure i read about it in an american magazine.
Gil Losi had a lipo fire which destroyed his home garage completely. http://www.pe.com/local-news/riversi...an-ignite.ece#

That's Gil Losi, not the division of Horizon Hobby known as Team Losi.

Quote:
I was reading on another site that schumacher havent kept their old moulds and tooling, and a re release would be expensive to produce. Im not sure how true that is though.
I do think they would sell a lot if they did produce them.
Considering CML could only have a couple of hundred RC10 Classic kits, there are still plenty available in UK shops, such a big seller that they have been reduced in price and DMS are giving free bodies with them to try and shift them.

As well as the publicity from the Classic, Associated has done it to retool the spares, there are still plenty of original RC10s being run and several parts have never gone out of production, for example the only time the Protech body was out of production was when it had to be retooled when the vac forming shifted to Taiwan.

Schumacher doesn't have a huge fan following outside of the UK so unless someone can come up with a way for Schumacher to make a profit from selling at most just a few hundred vintage buggies it isn't going to happen.

It's like when it was announced that Horizon Hobby UK wasn't going to import any more XX4 rereleases and everyone complained about stopping a popular kit, when it was revealed in reality they had only sold 4 kits.