Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Robinhood Raceway

Old 18-07-2013

Question Never Been Before !!

ALRIGHTY THEN !!
I’ve booked some holiday days over the summer on Wednesdays (as that is the day I believe people can go to the track) but I have never been to Robin Hood Raceway before and have some questions – if somebody could help me out here I would be grateful
#1 – is the turning to the field where the track is actually signposted? – Also if I should over shoot the turning (easily done!) is there somewhere I can safely turn around or have I got to drive for miles & rue my mistake? – I will be heading in a southbound direction to get there.
#2 – what time does the Wednesday sessions start & roughly finish?
#3 – how much are these Wednesday sessions & who do I pay? – Also is there a discount for being a YORCC member?
#4 – are actual races held there on Wednesdays or is it a case of just drive your own race until the battery runs out and Marshall your own car if you flip it?
I guess that’s all I can think off as far as my questions go for now........
I believe that I can run any tyre I want on the Astrotrack and I will need to bring a 12V battery to charge lipo’s as there is no power there.
Really looking forward to going as I have never driven on Astroturf before – should be interesting!
Cheers in advance for any help / advise you can offer.
Rob.
Old 24-07-2013
Mad Member

Hi Rob, I am an infrequent visitor to Robinhood Raceway, but will do my best to answer your questions.

#1 – is the turning to the field where the track is actually signposted? – Also if I should over shoot the turning (easily done!) is there somewhere I can safely turn around or have I got to drive for miles & rue my mistake? – I will be heading in a southbound direction to get there.

The turning into the field is not obvious, but should you miss it, in either direction, there are places to turn around.

5:30pm start ... until dark.

#3 – how much are these Wednesday sessions & who do I pay? – Also is there a discount for being a YORCC member?

£5

#4 – are actual races held there on Wednesdays or is it a case of just drive your own race until the battery runs out and Marshall your own car if you flip it?

drive your own race until the battery runs out and Marshall your own car if you flip it ... though timing equipment is usually running, so you can hear your lap times etc.

Regards, Chris.
Old 24-07-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Thanks Rob for the enquiry and Chris for the answers I'll just elaborate a bit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Hi Rob, I am an infrequent visitor to Robinhood Raceway, but will do my best to answer your questions.

The turning into the field is not obvious, but should you miss it, in either direction, there are places to turn around.
Yes, in either direction there are turning spots or lanes you can easily spin round in. The track is essentially in a field but there is a farm nearly opposite who's postcode is S81 8EU so we use that as the reference point. We have two large road cones either side of the track down to the site, it is easily missed but you should see the rostrum roofs over the hedge line as you approach so should give you a good idea where to turn in. We don't put a sign out on non race days so it keeps the site low profile to prevent curious vandals or thieves!

5:30pm start ... until dark.

£5
Flat rate, payable to myself or a club member who has been entrusted with the silver cash box.

Drive your own race until the battery runs out and Marshall your own car if you flip it ... though timing equipment is usually running, so you can hear your lap times etc.

We have the computer set to automatic practice so no need to register your transponder, just drive over the loop and it will pick you up. The speakers will announce every lap you do, and the lap time, plus will announce on a new fastest lap. There are usually people around to marshal your car.
We run it like this as many people can get over 100 laps practice on an evening, we don't usually have enough to race, if we did you'd all be sat around waiting for a long gap between 2-3 heats.

Regards, Chris.

Hope to see you later!

James