Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 01-02-2017

Default AGM 6th Feb

Ok guys, as above our AGM will be Monday 6th Feb so if you want a say in how the club is run or have any ideas, come along and put them forward. Meeting will be straight after setup and will be kept as short as possible to get in as much racing as we can afterwards.

Another busy week this week with 20 racing - 2 TC heats and a busy 8 car buggy heat. Going forward I think some though will have to be given to splitting the classes when there is a big difference in ability though 8 cars is the minimum we usually work on to split to heats of 4. Last night however was a little chaotic to say the least in the buggy heat to the extent that one racer decided not to drive rather than risk breaking their car – which is not what we want at all. Possibly not helped by some over enthusiastic driving by some of the buggy guys but we’ve all been gu8iulty of that at times.

Maybe a driving etiquette refresher for some of the new lads at next weeks AGM about rejoining after a crash and about the best way to allow faster cars to pass will help.

Don’t forget you should all have joined/renewed BRCA by next week so get on line if you haven’t – only allowed 3 race meetings as a “guest” before non membership voids club insurance!!!!!

It was good to see Tony Telford back on track after a few years absence last night and Marc paying his bi-monthly visit J

Very close at the top of the TC class with a few rounds having less than half a second between the top 3 fastest lap times!
Old 09-02-2017

A good turn out for the AGM this week with 22 racing the 4 rounds after the meeting split into 2 TC & 2 Buggy heats. Great to have numbers back up regularly.

Have to admit that I wasn’t paying that much attention at the meeting as I was still fixing the car from last weeks incident which I’d forgot about so apologies I can’t really include any record of what was decided other than Paul Ainscow is now Chairman, I assume Gary is still treasurer, and I think Hindson agreed to deputy Chairman as it involves doing nothing at all – yes – I remember thinking that then ended up chairman when the Hobbit stopped racing and was I stuck as chairman for about 5 year!!

Also decided to start heats on the straight which seemed to go pretty well last night so may continue with that unless anyone has any objections?

Buggies were condensed into a single final which seemed a lot calmer and better than the previous week after the etiquette refresher – not incident free but much better.

Don’t forget this coming Sunday the full day practise/setup/race day and if anyone can get there on Saturday to help set up the track please do – ask the new chairman about the opening times if like me you weren’t paying attention last night!