Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 12th & 10th On Road Events

Old 16-10-2016

Default Iconic Cup 2017

The Iconic Cup 2017, which pays homage to the Tamiya Eurocup, will run from March to June. Dates will be announced in the new year.

Best 3 of 4 rounds.
  • Broxtowe Model Car Club
  • Cotswold Model Car Club
  • Stafford Radio Controlled Model Car Club
  • West London Racing Centre

There will be a finalised PDF with all of the details once the dates are confirmed but to allow entrants to prepare, I've uploaded the Classes, Rules and Eligible Cars to the Iconic RC Facebook Group and also to here on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ckgm4jkdd...Rules.pdf?dl=0

There are just 2 changes from 2016:

The TRF & GT classes have combined into 1 GT class.

We have introduced a Stock FWD Championship for the FF-01 and FF-02 chassis. This will run within the 4WD stock heats so you cannot enter both 4WD & FWD stock classes. There will be championship trophies for Stock FWD but no trophies at individual rounds. You cannot switch between Stock 4WD & Stock FWD during a round.

Cheers. John.
Old 16-10-2016

Better dust off my Evo3.....
Old 18-10-2016

Looking forward to this! Had a great time last year. Why are the fwd and 4wd not separate heats? I know there are a few drivers who have bought both thinking they could race them both in separate classes. It's a shame for them.
Old 18-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike145 View Post
Looking forward to this! Had a great time last year. Why are the fwd and 4wd not separate heats? I know there are a few drivers who have bought both thinking they could race them both in separate classes. It's a shame for them.
I hadn't heard of people doing that. We don't want 6 separate classes and finals at each round. We are just giving the FF guys something to fight for.
Old 18-10-2016

With trf and gt being one class this time round, there would only be 4 classes running. So a separate ff class would only make 5 finals?
It doesn't actually affect me so I don't want to rock the boat so to speak. Just my opinion.
Old 19-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike145 View Post
With trf and gt being one class this time round, there would only be 4 classes running. So a separate ff class would only make 5 finals?
It doesn't actually affect me so I don't want to rock the boat so to speak. Just my opinion.
Sorry Mike, you're right - it's still 5.

I haven't had anyone come to me upset about the stock FWD being in with the stock 4WD heats but in any case, the format is set so we'll see how 2017 goes and tweak for 2018 if we need to.

John